It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 8 no subs!!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so heres a little back round on my situation. I started Buped maint in 2007 and was on it untill mid 2011 when I went to prison. I was on 4mg at the time. I did the whole detox thing and was also comming off a nasty xanax habit. It was hell, I thought I was literaly going crazy,I made it through it. I didnt sleep for about the first 2 weeks, paced back and forth in my 8 x 12 foot cell all night. Finally started to feel better at about a month. I continued to stay sober the rest of the year that I was in prison. I got out in Febuary this year, And ended up comming home to everything just how I left it, a mess. I ended up getting tied up with opiates again, then started taking bupe everyday.

I decided that I cant afford to live like that anymore. I said enough is enough. If I keep this up, Im gonna end up right back in prison. SO Im on day 8 without subs today. Its not as bad as the first time, but still a pain in the ass. The RLS is the worst thing in my opinion. I cant stop my legs from shaking and kicking to save my life. I also still have the restlessness in my chest and arms, but mostly at night. I have been taking advil and vistiril. No money for any real comfort meds. Smoking some good bud def helps alot at night though. Its been the only way I can get the tiny amount of sleep that my body will let me. I have managed to sleep everynight for about 2 hours. Last night I actually got 6 hours!!!! I woke up so excited this morning!! I am starting to have windows where I feel totaly fine, but then just as quick I will start flopping like a fish. Does this mean its getting towards the end?? I hope?? I dont remember if this happend the first time or not. I will continue to post about my progress. Any Thoughts or insight is greatly appreciated. Later!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jnaum,

So the real critical history here is from last Feb. as you say. Can you say more about opiates since then, and the switch to Subs -- Some specifics about this recent history to put this stopping everything into context.

I am sure you will get more responses soon, but it might be useful for people to know some specifics about this time since Feb.

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jnaum,

I have not tried to taper from subs myself, so I can't give you any advice on that...but there are a bunch of people who have posted their progress in this section, and in the "Bupe in the Rearview Mirror" section of the forum. Reading some of those older posts could give you some insight into what you are in for and how long it took other people to feel 'normal' (if you haven't read them already).

I have heard a ton of people say that the RLS is the worst part of it too. And the lack of sleep seems to be another huge complaint. I have had sleep problems my entire adult life though, so I'm used to that (kinda). I am like you...if I get 5 or 6 hours of sleep, I wake up so excited I have to call people and tell them about it! My average is probably 4 hrs per night, pretty much every night. Sometimes I only get 2 or 3 hours of sleep at night. And some nights...not a wink. I know that is hard for some people to believe, especially when I hear someone say "I only got 6 hours of sleep last night"...I'm like, "ONLY??!!"

I don't know how I have functioned all these years on that amount of sleep...well, yes I do...I stayed high on drugs to cope with it...LOL. But it really does bring down your quality of life when you don't get enough sleep. I take Benadryl or Unisom once or twice a week to try to get a 'normal' nights sleep so I'm not a complete zombie 7 days a week.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

**Oops, I just edited this post because I had to fix my spelling of your screen name! :wink:

Last edited by Taurus on Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys. In febuary when i got out, I went home and ran into a friend from my using days. Within a couple days I was shooting dope again. I did this for about 2 weeks. When the day came that I ran out of dope I got super super sick. I honestly didnt see it comming back that fast. I decided not to do heroin, but to use subs to keep myself from being sick. I was on about 2 to 3 mg a day for about 3 months. I was doing maybe 1 mg a day when I jumped 8 days ago. Feeling good. Not looking forward to tonight though. The night time is always the worst time for my w/d. I cant wait to be over this!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Jnaum,

Thanks for the additional info. It is clear what you are trying to do - get free and feel better. But you do know how hard things can be because you dealt with total C/T in jail. It is too bad you met up with that person who helped you use
again since Feb. I hope you can be avoiding situations like that. You know how hard it is going to be when you are in
the proximity of drugs - with no other ways of getting through.

I think it would be really great if you could get linked up with a sub doc who would help at this point. I am not sure how urban an area you are in -- how many doctors there are to contact. If you look at YouTube and watch Dr. Scanlan you will see an outpatient setting, keeping the cost down, and helping you with a quick taper of subs. Or even some place that would be able to work with the idea of now being at zero, and maintaing this over time until you are feeling better.

It just sounds hard to do alone. I guess my next question is what sort of resources can you muster to do what you want to do now? A doctor that can help --- even if just doing what you mention as comfort meds and being supportive. Or some other organization geared up to help? Most places have something going on to help in hard situations like this. Before things get worse I hope you can use as much energy as needed to get the help that probably will be needed.

Keep us posted here.

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Checking in again. Getting hit pretty damn hard with the restlessness right now. Just a constant tightness in my chest. Arms are the biggest problem . Cant keep them still.

Going to a suboxone doc is out of the question at this point. Im gonna get through this. Theres no doubt in my mind that I wont. Im already on day 9. I cant imagine going back to sub at this time.

Thanks Scruffy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Glad to hear that kind of determination. You have experienced it all in the past years so you are the best judge of what is possible. Even with the goal as you set it it is too bad you have no access to things like Clonidine and perhaps some sleeping pills for a time. A good doctor can help in various ways.

But you did the way hard part in the past. And this recent stuff is just since Feb., so with a little luck it will not have a big hold on you and you can tough it out and get to your goal. I was just trying to stress how all sources of help might be useful, as it is still not a picnic.

But you do sound determined and that is the main factor.

Best,

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So..................I walk into my parole officers office today and got one hell of a suprise. Because of a violation that i got last week, failed drug test for weed, shes sending me to a lock down treatment facility here in Akron. :x . I cant believe i am gonna have to put myself through this shit again. I really want to get high, But i have already made it so far. Found out my girl friend is pregnant today too. This is crazy. Ill type more later. My mind is on E from no sleep and all of this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sounds bad --- but maybe it is something to be used right now. I take it the lock down detox will be C/T with some help available and a secure setting. You were pretty sure about keeping at zero, so this will be a help, and you already have this start with 9 or 10 days in. Could be a lot worse if you had been using a lot since Feb.

But you were doing the opposite. A slip with the drugs and even Bup - but not for too long a time. If this forced
new start is what you want - maybe it is a good thing. time for a turn around.

Possible?

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea using anything, including subs, will only set you back at this point. Wd during lockdown will be no fun at all. You have a lot of positives going for you, only look at the positives right now. Good luck.