It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yeah, the first doctor I saw was very vague on it, and suboxone is the only thing he prescribes....the 2nd doctor I saw was VERY detailed on how it worked and when to take it. He's very hard core too. I kind of like that cause he's straight to the point.

I'm so glad my mom doesn't charge interest lol, I'd be BROKE! even more than I already am lol.

I'm 36, I thought I was older than you, how old are you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ahh ok yea I probably would have done better if he'd been more detailed like that.
Oh for some reason I thought you were younger lol I'm 32.
Yea she's nuts with her interest lol if I try to say anything about it, she'll say go to a bank then, see if you can get a better deal! Haha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:26 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I'm young at heart! lol. you are on the right track finding the dose that works for you! you'll get there! Keep up the good work!

Have a great day!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:51 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Omg I didn't mean to sound like I was saying you were old! Hahaha we're the same age anyway, you know how you just picture someone that you talk to but haven't met? Anyway, yea now I'm thinking 12mg was too much, I'm feeling sick! And I've had a horrible headache, but that's been all week with that part. I just feel like going back to bed and coming out tomorrow to try again! Awful heartburn too, do you get that with the subs? I've been eating way more then usual too, I can let it go this week but if I'm not planning to gain weight, I have to get that it check! It was funny yesterday my daughter came home from school and saw the peanut butter cup eggs bag, she was like ohhhhh wow you bought these? I was like yea I did but sorry they're all gone!! Lol I guess it's a better addiction then pills though! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

You didn't say I was old lol. I just feel old! I don't get headaches or heartburn luckily, but I have been eating a lot more off the drugs...before as you mentioned in prior posts I wouldn't eat a lot so I wouldn't ruin the buzz...but now, I can eat what I want and still be ok. I love that part! I don't know if I'm eating more because of the subs or because I have been hitting the gym again lately. lol your poor daughter! you could have saved her at least one! lol. definitely a lot better than the pills! take some excederine or Tylenol for your headache. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:55 pm 

Hey Emmy, sorry your having this up an down start.
So 12mgs has you sickesh, an with more side effects.?.?...as Ballplayer has said, finding the right dose can take time. Its really about tolerance. How many mgs of oxy vs mgs of suboxone. In the begining headaches are fairly common. They will go away, but the more sub the more headache. And im talkn dY or two. This is what happpened to me..

So if your oxy tolerlance is lower that your sub, you will feel a little overdosed in a since. Again im sorry your having it ruff today. Ok..im no dr but, maybe 12 is to much. Maybe, 8 was good but broken into twice a day dosing.. worth a try this weekend...just a suggestion. ? Hope ya feeling better soon..an suboxone is a very potent medicine. ?.razor...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ugh yea razor, I'm feeling like total crap. Kinda like day 1. I certainly haven't taken any extra since this morning but keep feeling worse as the day wears on. It's hard to remember this was instead of just withdrawing! That's starting to seem better and better. I get that this is hopefully only temporary but damn. I've been trying to just sleep it off today but I keep waking up every 10 min or so feeling like I'm falling off something or being chased by something. Really weird. And so much pain, I have three ice packs on me. The only thing I can think of is that I ended up taking that 8mg sub last night see and then took the 12mg this morning so maybe way too much too close together? Ugh I'm an idiot. And yea heartburn and awful headache! I definetly must have taken too much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 pm 

Oooooooh,, you took 8mgs last night. Ok..yup..to much then 12 on top of that..well live an learn. Right? 1 or 2 mgs lastnight could have bn enough. Maybe 4. Emmy, its ride it out time. Sorry to say, but it ll be ok but your going to need time. The half life of these xtra mgs needs time to work its way out.

Cant give you an exact time. But ya sleep cant hurt today an tonight. Just dont dose again till at least tomarrow. Just need to wait to see how you feel then. My two cents...

Oh and I know that falling feeling as I wake up. Its like a jolt..weird...hang in there raz......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Right I'm pretty stupid, you and BP both said a few mgs last night but nope I didn't listen. I must have been feeling a buzz or something from taking too much this morning because I sat outside first thing this morning and chain smoked about 12 cigarettes which is what I used to do all the time on oxys. Then you get gut rot from that ugh I'm just a moron, hopefully I'll learn but who knows! Thanks for the advice, you are very kind!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'll have to figure out how to split the subs though since I have pills not strips. I have a pill cutter so I can cut in half to 4mgs but I don't know if I can do it any smaller without it crumbling apart. Do you have experience doing that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was afraid when you said you took another 8 mg last night it might be too much. Don't feel too bad about it Emmy because it could have actually made you feel better. I think what you might want to consider now is giving your system a little time to get rid of some of the half life build up?

If there is any way you could go without taking any sub at all tomorrow it would be to your advantage in my opinion. Sub is a very strong drug, and that half life being as long as it is would still leave plenty of sub in your system tomorrow even if you don't take another dose. Then the following day (Sunday) maybe try taking just 4 mg first, give it a good couple of hours to see how you feel.

At the very least try not to take any first thing in the morning. Try to wait as long as you possibly can in the day/night. If you absolutely feel like you need to take a dose, try your best to only take 2-4 mg this time as late in the day as possible. But probably better if you can go without taking any.

Splitting the pills can be tricky because they want to crumble when trying to get smaller doses. I didn't use a pill cutter myself. I used a straight-edge razor blade and that worked better. At least for me it did. I could cut a 8 mg pill in half very easily. Then it was pretty easy to cut those 2 halves in half. That means you should have 4 pieces of 2 mg each. It gets a little more difficult from there, but not impossible. Take your time and cut those 2 mg pieces in half. Then you have 1 mg doses of course.

I never tried it myself, but I read where others crushed the 1 or 2 mg pieces into a very fine powder. Then the powder was separated into even piles. For example you would crush a 2 mg piece into fine powder. Then separate the powder into 4 piles and that would be .50 mg each. Hope this makes sense to you? Like I said, I never tried doing it this way, but others have and said it works great. Then you just pour the powder under your tongue. Guess it dissolves very quickly and that makes sense to me that it would.

Actually your doing very, very well Emmy. Try to relax and give yourself some credit. Don;t be so hard on yourself. It's a learning experience that's for sure, and if you stick around here you will be able to hel others with the solid experience you have gained. So keep that head up and smile girl. I have faith in you. Maybe ask your mom if she would consider giving you a better interest rate too! :lol:

-BP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I also forgot to mention when you go to your doctor appt I think on Monday, maybe you could ask the doctor for the sub film? I liked the film much better than the pills because they are so much easier to cut into small doses. It was a breeze for me anyway.

I can't remember if you have insurance or not, because the film is name brand and can be very costly verses the pills usually. Thought you said your mom paid for them? (thus the interest charge). I sure got a laugh out of that, but I know it's not funny to you. Your mom sounds wonderful!

But if there is any way you could get the film I'm nearly positive it would really help you as far as cutting the doses up. Just another thought.

-BP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Haha I laughed out loud at the interest rate part! She's pretty hardcore with her interest!! lol I'll try what you suggested with waiting to take anymore subs until later tomorrow. I was thinking of trying to split it up anyway until I got the dose figured out right! I've been keeping detailed notes so maybe my doc will be of help on Monday when I see him! I'm feeling blah right now like when I was using and would take too much and feel really shitty after. It's not a good memory but hopefully it will keep me from messing it up again! Plus like you said I can hopefully really help someone else one day with my million "don't do this" scenarios! It's still sort of overwhelming to say the least. I was explaining it all to my mom earlier and she had a headache by the end! Haha. Thanks for your advice! I will most definetly try to use it this time! Day 2 and 3 were so good I really want to get back there! I should have pushed through last night or just taken a small amt. but now I KNOW how I messed it up! Thanks again!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The doc had said the pills were cheaper, that's why I chose them. I can check with the pharmacist though. They had to "get me in" with a pharmacist and explain my situation because the nurse said I would have A LOT of trouble at any pharmacy otherwise because of paying cash, that many would turn me down without insurance thinking it was a scam like I was hitting up multiple docs and pharmacys. Not sure if they are right about that though?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Emmy wrote:
The doc had said the pills were cheaper, that's why I chose them. I can check with the pharmacist though. They had to "get me in" with a pharmacist and explain my situation because the nurse said I would have A LOT of trouble at any pharmacy otherwise because of paying cash, that many would turn me down without insurance thinking it was a scam like I was hitting up multiple docs and pharmacys. Not sure if they are right about that though?

That's complete bullshit Emmy!!! :shock: I mean the part about having pharmacy trouble. Can't believe the nurse told you that. Grrrrr. The pills are almost always cheaper because they have them in generic where the film is only name brand as I said.

Many, many people have to pay cash for their subs. Even if a person has insurance it sometimes won't cover them. As long as you have a valid script it should be no problem at ANY pharmacy. All the pharmicist has to do if they question it to be any kind of scam is to phone the doctor while you're there waiting. That's ridiculous her saying that!!! Most every pharmacy knows insurance doesn't always pay for suboxone.

I'm not convinced your doctor really knows that much about subs. You said he only had one other sub patient which speaks volumes in my opinion. There are people posting here all the time looking for sub doctors because they can't find one that has openings. Pretty certain you can learn all you need to know about subs right on this forum alone!!! These guys here know the drill much better than most doctors. Not all, but most IMO.

Glad I got you to laugh. :D

-BP

P.S. When you get the time read every post you can by Dr. Junig here. Go to the Talkzone and read all you can. He also has many videos that explain subs and situation extremely well. He's not only a well-educated doctor, he's an addict. I have learned more from him than I could any personal physician!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yea I wasn't so sure the nurse was right about that, but it was just an overload of info that day, I just took whatever she said as fact. Plus I've been getting oxys for years and actually some pharmacists in my area have turned me down paying cash. It's different I know, but I think subs are a street drug as well so maybe they clump them together? I'm not sure exactly but it's all a problem around here. (I live right outside Philly) I was surprised to actually get in with the doc so quickly, I called and got in that day. I had another doc I was supposed to start seeing that had me jumping through hoops for two months with stuff I had to get done first and then I called and said I did everything and they said oh we're not taking new patients! I'm like nooooo I'm not new at all I've been getting the stuff done first. And they said nope you're still considered new so we can't take you! Ugh I was just shocked, thinking how can they do that to someone desperately trying to get help! Anyway not sure where I was going with that lol but yea the doc I got in with was just really writing a script, a few words of advice, thanks for the $150 bucks and sent me on my way! The nurse was a little more help though. So yea I've read some of this forum's drs articles. Really helpful in trying to understand the ceiling of the meds, I need to re-read though obviously haha thanks BP!!! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Emmy. I've only got a few minutes here, but wanted to see how you were feeling today? Any better, or maybe not so good? Have you taken any sub yet, or have you been able to hold off until maybe later, or perhaps not take any at all today as we discussed? Use your own judgement and do what you feel is best. But if you do decide to take some sub today, it might be best if you try maybe 2-4 mg first and see how that goes. Hope your doing ok and I'll check back later to see what's up with you.

-BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:48 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey BP! Thanks for checking in with me!! I'm doing pretty well today. I actually just took the sub for today, I figured since I was 28 hrs since my last dose, I was probably ok to take it. I would have liked to wait a little more but was feeling like I needed it. I just took the 8mg. Hopefully that will be enough today! It's so beautiful outside, I'm going to try getting moving and staying busy today, I haven't done much of anything the last two days! Plus my poor baby boy (my puggle lol) had surgery today to have a tooth extracted! So his vet just called and said I can pick him up soon, and she's sending him home with pain meds!! Hopefully they are not the same as people pain meds haha ;) Anyway, hope you are doing good today too!! I have been reading your posts a little so hopefully you are getting closer to a decision for yourself!! You've been amazing support to me, you seem like a really strong person, I'm sure you will make the right choice for you!!! Have a great day and thanks again for checking in with me!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sounds great Emmy! Hope you were able to get outside today and enjoy yourself a bit. You certainly deserve to have some fun, or do what you want without having to worry about drugs. Also hope the doggie is doing ok. Poor little thing had to go to the "dentist" huh? Please make sure someone holds his pain meds so he doesn't get addicted to them!!! :lol:

I spent the day outside enjoying myself. Cleaned and scrubbed my garage floor and did a little touch-up painting. So nice to finally have some great weather to be able to get out and enjoy ourselves.

Hopefully you only had to take the 8 mg of sub today. If you felt you needed more and took it don't worry. What you really need to do is get on the same dose each day for a while to make it routine, and keep the same amount of sub in your system at all times. If you take different doses each day it's extremely difficult to get a handle on it. Know what I mean? Try to take the same dose near the same time daily. That will make a huge difference in how you feel, and give you a much better idea how to adjust the dose if you need to.

You're very welcome for any help I can provide. No thanks is ever required, but definitely appreciated of course. Glad you're reading some of my thread. You can sure learn plenty from reading the different threads here. So much info to process that will help you tons.

Let me know how much sub you have had to take today if you don't mind. I'm still thinking you may want to take a bit less to see if that makes you feel even better? If not you can always take a little more if needed. Talk to you later Emmy.

-BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hahaha yep I gave him his little pain med mixed in with his dinner, but told him I better not see any money missing from my purse! Lol I told that to my hubby, he didn't laugh, I was like what, too soon for jokes?? lol we did laugh at the idea of if it had been a doggy oxy, I would have had to say sorry, he can't have those around me! lol anyway, poor puppy has been whining all day, wish I could make it better for him :( Yea, we got out a little today, my daughter and her friends set up a lemonade stand so we went by to check it out. I was feeling kinda sluggish so I kept saying to myself "I have to keep moving!" Laying down actually makes me hurt way more so I really tried not to do that. I just stuck with the 8mg so far, I've been feeling like I want to take something more but trying to push through it. I'm not sure if its that I actually need it or its just in my head still that I need something at night. I'm used to taking muscle relaxers at night so maybe that's why? I'm wondering if I should still do maybe one muscle relaxer, what do you think? Man it's not easy changing so much, that's for sure! I was trying to explain that to my husband today, it's not just the addiction but also breaking years of habits if that makes any sense. So it's hard to sort out which it is. Even with the subs, and aleve and the gabapentin my shoulder still has crazy muscle spasms by the end of the day. So I don't know about that part. Today was better though then the last two, just not like day 2 or 3, maybe I won't get back to how good those days were? Or I still need to add a few more mgs of subs?