It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Today has been ok. I have had an awful headache and feel tired. I think it could be a combo of the weather, and my clonodine. I am taking .1 each night before bed. I am going to cut it in half tonight. I believe it is making me tired and causing my headaches. My bp is good, 113/82. Better than it used to be. Much better. It was always so freaking high. Took an excedrin and hope I don't bounce off the walls.

What was good today?? Well, I sat down and wrote a list of great foods to eat and started the create a health log. Since I have stopped subs, I am so much more conscious of being healthier!! But the kicker is this-my kids decided to have a cool whip fight (quietly) as I was folding their laundry. So the cool whip got all over my notepad of "good foods to eat".

Son of a bucket!! Its ok, It was funny, but i did not laugh, seeing as I really didn't want to clean cool whip off the walls, floors, and bodies again. I wanted to laugh, but I was so irrittated.

Hope this wasn't too boring today. Have a great night!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HA HA, a cool whip fight!! That's too funny!! Hmmm, cool whip got all over your notebook of "good things to eat", sounds like a sign from above that you need more cool whip in your diet!!! :lol:

You sound like you're doing really well Shergonna, good for you!!!

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Romeo. You have been a great support and I apprecxiae it. I definitely do not need to eat cool whip!! LOL
Have a great weekend, Happy Easter!!

sheer...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy Easter to you too!!

I hope the Easter Bunny leaves you a big tub of Cool Whip!!! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:11 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good for you Sher...................gotta love kids though :)

I am on day 10 feeling better every day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

day 11 is great!!!!!!!!!!!!! im on day 22 and i know how hard those first 10 or so days were at times. YOU ARE GETTING THERE. At times things may seem to be very irritating , but just let em slide and be happy about the fact that you are actually having FEELINGS again, rather than just numbing it all with drugs. I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! KEEP IT UP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you both for that. I felt a little better today. Not as tired. Tomorrow is 14 days. I will post tomorrow for an update. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Btw-awesome to hear you have too been off for some time now! Great job. One day at a time....

Post subject: HOW ARE YOU?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

just wanted to check on you today and see how you are feeling...how bout an update?? hope all is well!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sher, NewLife, and Mg113 ... just wanted to say congrats on your weeks off suboxone; I know it can be a bit tough so you should be really proud of yourselves!

I've been off sub for over 2 months now and can tell you I'm feeling pretty darn good (although the first month and a half were a challenge) so keep up the good work!

I'll just reiterate what some great ppl on this site told me when I was in the process... It WILL get better nomatter how icky you might feel some days - exercise, exercise, exercise (even though this might be the last thing you want to do, it helps so much) - talk to people who are where you are or have been where you are (support and encouragement were the best medicine for me) - and be kind to yourself (your body is adjusting and so is your brain - they are working hard to get back to normal so it's not uncommon to feel tired and blah while the mind/body works toward equalibrium).

Best thoughts your way. Keep us posted. I look forward to reading your happy endings :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to congratulate you, because it is a huge deal to get off of Suboxone, especially these early days. Good for you!!!!!!!! Are you finding it tough to take care of the kids and stuff while not feeling so well? I wonder a lot about how people manage that. It's one thing if you can lay around for two weeks, but when you're a mom, there's no laying around.

I hope you are giving yourself the credit you deserve. Everyday you complete off the Sub is a big victory. Give yourself a huge pat on the back for it, and think of it as a count down, because even though it may last a while, it IS going to go away.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks aqua...... I workout 6 days a week 2 hrs a day and have for years and that has been what pulled me thru the bad days.........they seem to be over now cept my immune system is going crazy and I had a couple health issues but hey after all that withdrawal I can handle this.

Now looking back ( sat will be two weeks for me) it seems like I was in miserable withdrawal for months between the taper and the jump, in all reality the jump was easier then all that tapering...................but hey I made it thus far :):)
Now I have to get used to actually "feeling" life again but hey I am like bring it on baby...........

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

mg, its hard for me to find a post by you that i dont agree with. i also thought the jump was easier than the taper.

Post subject: Great attitude Lisa/Mg
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yours is a great attitude Lisa! Keep it up :) Also, I agree that at the end of my taper it got a bit icky which is why I made the jump when I did ... I had the feeling that I was just prolonging the misery so why not just get it done before summer... I'm so happy for you that things are going relatively well. Yae Lisa!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey girls and guys!!

Just read your posts. Thank you for the inspirations and stories.

@ Laddertipper- not sure if you were asking me or someone else on the posts regarding the kids? But yes, I have 3 and it was not easy in the first week or so of jumping. Plus I am recovering from major surgery, so that is a whole other situation. I have had help from my husband, god love him, and that makes it easier. I have small children and a teenager, so believe me, my life is very stressful, and no the teenager does not help unless I beg!! LOL... I remember reading that you were trying to taper down and off. How is that going for you? I don't know if you read my other posts, but I will say that the anxiety of stopping is really worse than the actual being off... I know that sounds crazy, but our minds are so powerful and can make you believe that you cannot do something that you really can. If you think about it this way, when you were a kid, did you think "Hey someday I will be addicted to opiates!"? Probably not, you would have never even imagined or wished that for you or anyone else. I know I sound like I am rambling, but it is that rational mind that I think we can lose sight of whether on opiates or subs. I am not knocking subs by any means, but if you are looking for support to stop, that is where I stand.

Tapering down is a good idea, and I think you have to get yourself to a place where you can really jump and be done. When I did it, I had a plan in place for when I was going to to it, and how I was going to deal with the wd that I was going to have. If you need any advice or "tips", you can message me anytime.

Take care-and I wish you all well in your choices!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Your are really lucky to have 11 days off sub. I am so jealous but in a good way. I am 6 days off sub and its almost 3 am and no sleep. I ran out of sleeping pills and and my husband threw out my valium into the rain on the grass. So sad about cuz I would be sleeping now if I had it.

So I am right there with on being clean off sub. which days were the worst for you. I heard day 7,8 is the worst and the it gets better.

Luckily my mom and husband take care of my little 11 month of girl because I am so weak and can't do anything.

And also I bought a bunch of healthy eating books at the thrst store. Like Mayo clinic cook book and a journal for keeping healthy. But right now I am craving sweets and I am letting myself do whatever the keep me happy through the w/dm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Zyggy,

You might want to start your own thread, it's easy to do. You'll probably get more replies and they'll be specific to your questions.

So, today is day 6/7 off of Suboxone for you. Good for you. I would write a longer reply, but I'm hoping you start your own thread and then I'll write more there.

Post subject: THANK YOU
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mg113 wrote:
thanks aqua...... I workout 6 days a week 2 hrs a day and have for years and that has been what pulled me thru the bad days.........they seem to be over now cept my immune system is going crazy and I had a couple health issues but hey after all that withdrawal I can handle this.

Now looking back ( sat will be two weeks for me) it seems like I was in miserable withdrawal for months between the taper and the jump, in all reality the jump was easier then all that tapering...................but hey I made it thus far :):)
Now I have to get used to actually "feeling" life again but hey I am like bring it on baby...........

Lisa

okay i am a huge bikram/hot yoga addict and workout a lot. i am down to 2-3 mg subs per day. i HATE the tapering and feel that id rather just jump now and get it over with. thanks for your input here-i cannot see myself tapering to something like .0002 mg or whatever!! i mean, that is just me. thanks:)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 21 for me. Never thought I'd make it so far.

(unrelated to suboxone, don't need to read the below text)
No depression or anxiety, but I am so scared of spiders now. I live in the woods and I can not go 30 minutes w/o seeing one. today we went shopping and in the car, one spider, looked like a tarantula ok :wink: , went on my arm while my SO was driving and I jumped up and sat on my husbands lap, I was hysterical. Then after that a smaller one was on my leg. OMG. A family friend was bitten on the face by, what I think is a spider, the pimple is like his whole cheek, and he has had it for 2 weeks almost. It's not a bee (that's another story, my SO almost died from a yellow jacket bite few weeks ago, all day in the ER, we didn't tell his mom, she would have had a heart attack). There are these spiders hanging around my front door. I can't leave my house to go for a smoke at all. Which is a good thing. Unless I get bitten by a black widow. :shock:

Things are so much better for me overall than they were during my time on opiates/opioids.

Today I woke up feeling so good. I laugh all the time and before I used to smile, now I have these BIG ass smiles on my face. Don't know why, but before I didn't have em. I had then before I touched opiates.

Gotta go, my baby is signing in her crib. She just turned one.

Happy sobriety everyone! Life can be so good. I never though so. I have been scared to stop for the last 4 years and for what? Life is good. Lets unpack the groceries :shock: I need a cook and daily room service, lol. Maybe in my next life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to tell you that I am so happy for you! You sound like you are doing great! You did it and you never have to worry about wirhdrawl again. Go have fun and enjoy life, oh and call an exterminator and tell him to kick those spiders asses. I would be freaking too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Great job! I know it is rough in the beginning, but then it gets much better pretty soon after:) take it day by day, you are doing fabulous.