It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok so today is day 20 no subs. Wanted to know if anyone ever gets " out of no where" RLS? I was sitting in class tonight and my right leg started doing a number. Also- sneezing off and on? Is that allergies or wd?

Any replies would be great. This is not a big deal, and not impacting my life, but was curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

no more restless leg for me but I do still sneeze like crazy, my dr gave me flonaze last week and its helped the swelling in my nose and sneezing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am close to day 20 and also get RLS sometimes in class or in the evenings. I also sneeze a lot and yawn all the time. I am sure its just PAWS.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sneezing is not all the time, but more than I used to. No major yawning unless I am tired. But the RLS thing comes if I am sitting too long or lay down to sleep, even a nap. I take requip at night so I can sleep. How long wi ll this last?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I dont know but it is definitely the only noticable symptom that I get still. Today I had it in class too. I totally relate with the fact that it happens when I am relaxing, sitting, or watching tv. I think its just our over-stimulated nerves still needing time to balance out. But yea I have no clue as to how long it will take. It doesnt really bother me though and I exercise if it gets annoying, which completely helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

it has been tougher for me to sit still and study for my final exams next week, which has been a bit inconvenient...but I will take being off subs with RLS over being on subs any day. I am very grateful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im on day 25 today and still have bouts of sneezing. But no RLS. What I really am left with more than anything is extreme lethargy. I mean EXTREME lethargy to the point and cannot walk up the stairs without stopping. I am a pretty fit guy under normal circumastances so this feeling of being glued to the couch unable to play with my kids is torture. I have been going to the gym religously 5 days a week which my have alleviated the RLS. I have only been able to muster the energy for the gym by drinking mesomorph, which is a preworkout drink for energy. It is a god send for energy, as I feel better then I have for years while in the middle of my workout after drinkning one scoop with water.

By far my worst symptoms are insomnia and lethargy. Once they are gone I cany imagine how good I am going to feel. Better then I have since 2006!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What about chills? You guys are all off and I'm still on 1 mg, but my worst and most annoying symptom is the chills/crawling skin thing. Do you guys still have this and if not, how long after you jumped did it take to go away?

Thnx,
laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ladder, I only had the chills and crawling skin when I was tapering from higher doses and even then the clonodine helped with that. I never had any when I stopped the subs. Of course I stopped really low and chills are definitely a symptom of withdrawal if you jump on a higher dose. If its chills you want to aviod taper really low. I know that was a symptom I was trying really hard to aviod. I find it to be the hardest to deal with by far because it interfers with sleep, concentration, mood, and all around makes you just feel sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

l i v i n wrote:
ladder, I only had the chills and crawling skin when I was tapering from higher doses and even then the clonodine helped with that. I never had any when I stopped the subs. Of course I stopped really low and chills are definitely a symptom of withdrawal if you jump on a higher dose. If its chills you want to aviod taper really low. I know that was a symptom I was trying really hard to aviod. I find it to be the hardest to deal with by far because it interfers with sleep, concentration, mood, and all around makes you just feel sick.

l i v i n, this is exactly why I'm getting so frustrated, because I've had the chills now for getting close to 50 days. I'm serious. Sometimes, they let up, but for the most part, I always have them in waves. I didn't have these sorts of chills during my higher dose taper at all. How weird is that? I would get cold a lot and rarely some chills, but not anything like since dropping to 1 mg. They are the worse in the early morning hours, probably because that's when I have not dosed in a while. If the chills would go away, the rest would be very doable. Nothing else is driving me nearly as crazy. I wonder why I keep having them. Maybe, it's just the length of time I've been on the Subs. For the past three days, it's been like my Sub is a placebo or something, as the symptoms are a whole lot worse. By bedtime the night before last, my night dose had seemingly worn off and the sneezing and chills were already starting, so the hot/cold crawling skin went on all night. I felt like I had not even taken my evening dose. Then, I took my night dose very late last night, but the chills and skin were already back by 2 a.m. when I was up with my barfing kid. Before these bad days, I had a couple relatively good days. Go figure!! I cannot figure it out.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ladder I truly feel like the worst of the wd's was from when I tapered............by the time I jumped I was sick and tired of feeling sick!!! I totally get what your saying 50 days is a long time. I probably had one day of crawling skin after I jumped.... I saw my dr yesterday and we discussed the sleep issue which he said can go on for months after stopping subs but most of the withdrawal symptoms I felt were during my tapering.

I am feeling more tired lately but the gym helps that..

hang in there girl.......................I think of you alot .............

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ladder I cant explain why you are still feeling this way. If you have been taking the same dose(1mg) everyday for 50 days and are still having these symptoms maybe you should talk to your sub doctor because you should be more than adjusted by now. I am really sorry to hear you are having a hard time at 1 mg. I know I said this before but if you can find a way to get yourself to dose only once at night you will find yourself having less withdrawal symptoms. This is because instead of your body begining to go into withdrawal every 6 hours(if you dose twice a day) you will find the withdrawal to not begin to show itself until the end of the day. I found myself to be almost constantly in and out of withdrawal when I dosed a few times a day. It was hard but when I got my body to adjust to one nightly dose I found it much easier to lower by dose and had less withdrawal. I hope you feel better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks you guys.

I'm really hoping that having such a bad time right now does not in any way mean it will be like this when I jump. Maybe, this is because my body is still getting some of what it wants. Once it's not getting any, it will probably scream really loudly and then quit asking, right?

l i v i n, you've been pretty right on with your advice, so I'm thinking you probably are right on with the once daily dosing. I guess right now, while I'm waiting for this end-of-month trip I have to go on and I cannot yet jump, I should focus all my energies on combining my doses into one. Now, my doctor says it makes no difference how many times one doses per day, but he's been wrong about other stuff, so....

I'm going to have to work my way to that. I'm honestly limping through the day still, which is not good. I wait until I feel crappy and then take a little, repeat. So, starting tomorrow, when I wake up, I'm going to wait as long as I possibly can to take any Sub. If I do that, I should be able to quickly push it down to twice daily dosing. Soon after that I'll do the same thing and push it to once daily dosing. If I'm going to dose only once, I'll need to dose in the evening, maybe around 5 or so. That way, I won't be sick during the night, and I'll maybe get a few hours of feeling zero w/d, which never seems to be happening anymore. Now that I think about it, it seems like many successful taper-ers only dose once. Hmmm.....

I've been feeling like my Sub is a placebo or something. There was a period a few weeks back where a half mg actually gave me a little bump, but now it doesn't even make the weird smell thing go away. This makes no sense. My Subs are no supposed to be expired, and I always take the full film within two days of opening it.

The length of time this has been going on scares me, frankly. My doctor just denies it is possible and gives me the phone number to the same therapist. This thing did not happen until 1 mg. Soooo weird!!! And I am losing my resolve, honestly. I'm kinda fed up, so I have to change something. It's a significant feat to pull together resolve after this long, but I think I can do it and push my dosing down to once. I try to explain these symptoms away, like maybe my sneezing is from allergies, and maybe the weird smell is too. Maybe my legs are from potassium deficiency, even though I'm taking lots of potassium, or maybe I just got RLS all of a sudden. However, put together, it doesn't really make sense that I would get allergies and RLS and all at the exact same time. And plus, if those things were to blame, then why do these symptoms lessen in intensity when I take a decent amount of Sub?

Thanks again, everyone!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey ladder. Since I am not able to actually feel what you are feeling right now I might be wrong when I say this, but, if you are having all these symptoms and they have continued for 50 days maybe you would be better off just jumping as soon as you have time off from work or whatever your commitments are. If you are having chills, RLS, and other symptoms along those lines anyway, jumping might not change much of what you are already dealing with. I know taking any amount of subs over not taking any makes a big difference on how bad the withdrawal is but if you are dealing with all this already maybe you can deal with a bit more for like 2 weeks. It might be easier to just stop, suffer for a week or two, and than at the very least feel like you do now for a bit until your brain heals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

l i v i n, that is pretty much what I'm going to do. I have to go away in a couple weeks and I need to be 'normal' if I can, so I'm going to wait until after that and then jump. It's not worth it at this point and it's not getting better, for whatever reason. So, I may as well jump, as you said. Before then, I'm going to try to get to dosing less, because I hope it will make the jump easier. I need to get it over with. It will be such a gigantic relief when I finally get it behind me. Really, I cannot even imagine how nice it will be to not have this hanging over me anymore!!! I'm going to be one happy camper when this is in the past!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am really excited for you ladder. I cant wait to hear how you feel after you get off. From all that I have read from you in the last couple of months you are a very positive and friendly person and I am really rooting for you. I want you to join the club very badly! its amazing that we dont even know eachothers real names and yet we really care for eachothers success in all this. If there is anything I can do to help encourage you when the time comes for your jump feel free to PM me. I know hope and encouragment goes a long way when you are in that first few days of withdrawal.