It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Everyone,

Today is day 12 of being off SUBOXONE. Sleep keeps getting better and better, I feel my energy levels going up, If I even think about opiates or see a pharmacy that I have filled at before I get a sick feeling in my stomatch, and I couldn't be happier !!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that it does get better and don't give in ! I did my withdrawal with only tylenol and nyquil liquid gels ( and a few of those clonidine .1 's ).

Now, its not all sunshine and lollipops on DAY 12 but it is not bad ! I feel like I have my life back ! I can think straight, my energy is good, no more depression/crying, I have most of my motovation back and my kids couldn't be happier !!!

The only thing is that I have some lingering pain in my back and left knee cap ( thats why I was put on opiates in the first place due to sporting injurys and steriod use in my late teens early 20's ) This pain is tolerable but still is very annoying !

I also have been having fits of anger ! Not just fliping out on random people, but being so anrgy at myself for all of this ! Once all the hell was over, I couldn't believe that I let myself be beat by a pill ! This is not a bad thing ! This "ANGER" has given me back my competitive nature ! I wanna be the best again ! I wanna WIN ! I wanna do right by everyone ! I never cared when I ws HIGH. I was always like " Ehh, who cares " " Whatever, I will do it later " " I don't feel like it " !

My advise to everyone that is going through this or any type of withdrawal/recovery is to FLIP THE SCRIPT on this BS ! Turn every symptom into a positive ! If you have no energy - Its just the toxic drugs leaving your system/ If you can't sleep - no matter what, your body will function on the bare minimum for awhile until it will finally shut down and give you that 8-12 hours/ If you are depressed - Think of what you are doing ! You are strong enough to realize that this is no good and just imagine how proud everyone is going to be when you complete this journey ! Do you know that most people aren't even strong enough to try/want to stop ! So if you relapse, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and TRY AGAIN ! It took me close to 10x to finally get it done ! Trust me, no one will be more dissapointed in you relapsing than yourself ! We all fall, no matter who you are or what you do ! Its how you get back up and keep pushing forward that sets us apart !

So next time you think " WAAAAH, I CAN'T DO THIS " Think of all your loved ones, picture tears of dissapointment streaming down their faces ! Think of how much better your life will be tomorrow ! FIND THAT INNER STRENGHT AND PULL IT OUT OF YOU AND KEEP GOING ! When you do this, you will find peace. You will find happiness. You will find your old self that you have been chasing all these year.

One day it will hit you. Life is the best pill I have ever taken and I just got a lifetime script !

Keep Pushing Foward My Friends !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is nice to hear you are doing so well and are so positive. Sounds like you are kicking that pills ass for a change. Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy Smokes, you're on fire dude!! Keep it up!!