It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: one week pt 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah I've been listening to good tunes in the car and it really helps to lift my mood. Also, I thought it would be the otherway around but working has really helped me too. I work in a restaurant and on sunday did 10 1/2 hrs on my feet with no break. Before work I'm always dragging really bad, almost to the point of thinking I won't be able to do it. But once I get there it really takes my mind off everything. It was really weird though when I got off work I felt manic or something. I've never been prone to anything like that. My gf who I was with noticed it too. Not sure what it was about, just felt like talking a lot, and was really up. Way different than anything I've felt in the last week that's for sure.

The kratom thing I brought up out of curiosity. I'm sure it's my addict mind that is always looking for an easier softer way. From what I've read it seems like it can be really addicting, but I wasn't sure if on sub-euphoric levels if it could help with WDs or PAWS.

Sleep has been an issue for the last two nights but I ran out of tylenol PM so maybe that's it. What are peoples experiences with the 2nd week? I thought 2mg was going to be a high jump after what I'd read, but so far it has been liveable. I'm hoping that I won't experience any prolonged WDs and the worst is probably over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I waited on tables and had a really busy day/night, I was always "UP" like you described. Personally I think that's just normal. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Feel better soon!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I remember early on in wd feeling like I was coming very close to having panic attacks, never ever had one before so I was pretty confused as to what was happening. I actually thought about going to my GP to get some benzo's, but I knew better. It lasted for maybe a few days, possibly 4 to 5 days. It wasn't constant by any means, once or twice a day? For me it was manageable because I attributed it to wd and told myself that it will pass.

As far as sleep issues go, that seems to be common to most everyone in recovery, especially opiate wd. It is not pleasant, actually it sucks hard. I tried sleepy time tea, valerian root(wicked bad smell), melatonin...none of that really worked well for me. Truthfully, I found that sex or a hot shower or any combination thereof worked sometimes, besides it's fun! Most everything I have read says that normal sleep is usually one of the last things to return to normal for a person in recovery. It gets better, just never as fast as we want!

You mention work, once you're there it helps. You said it seems to keep your mind off of it...BINGO, you hit the nail on the head. Keeping your mind busy is probably the best thing you can do, in my opinion.

As far as the 2nd week goes, expect more of the same, it should be 'weaker', 'diminishing' (I can't think of the right word). It should get noticeably better, how about that.

Keep up the great work! You rock!!

Recovery has it's ups and downs, don't get bummed out if you feel a little worse than the day before. It happened to me a few times and bothered me greatly. I just wanted you to be aware it might happen.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Someone with a screen name of "Romeo" says he uses sex as a diversion for opiate withdrawal. There's a surprise. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's awesome dohn, it actually took me a minute to get it! Thanks for the laugh man. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

donh wrote:
Someone with a screen name of "Romeo" says he uses sex as a diversion for opiate withdrawal. There's a surprise. :)

Lol - well the body does starts to wake up:) Numerous are the times where i just had to "give up" while on methadone - im surprised how i managed to get two kids.

azuretiger wrote:
What are peoples experiences with the 2nd week?

Im on day 10 and feeling extremely exhausted - the last two days have been pretty meh as well, but today i had improvement i feel. It actually feels abit like it is going in waves: quit - then 3-4 days at 0%, then one day at 25%, then 3-4 days at 15-20% and then up to maybe 40-50%. So a 3-4 days cycle maybe?
There are for me still the doubt about 0.10 mg i took for headache early sunday morning, which might have prolonged the detox abit.
Hope you are feeling good:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

^^ lol

Azur, truly great work thus far. I don't know you, but I can say that I'm proud of you. What you've accomplished is very difficult and worthwhile. I envy your progress. I wish I could say I was a week off of suboxone. I can not wait till that day comes. I'm amazed at how manageable your withdrawals have been. That isn't to say that it has been easy for you, because I know that's is not the case. I think it's mostly due to the fact that you are a very strong and determined individual.

Please continue to keep us posted, as much as you can. Every detail helps others like me get prepared for coming off of suboxone. How long did you use suboxone, if you don't mind me asking? You're doing awesome so far. The one time I had to come off suboxone I used around 2mg/daily for a month, and your symptoms sound very similar to that drop.

The Kratom thing can help. I used subs for a 2 week period to get off of methadone, then I used kratom to get off the subs. It actually worked pretty well, but as others have said: Be warned! It is addictive, and it can get your high, which is NOT what you want. I ended up relapsing after only 3 days clean and began using kratom because it was easy to get and my tolerance was low, so it was having a decent effect. Well, long story short... I used for another year and then got on subs, which I've been on for a year now. I wouldn't risk it.

Again, continue to keep us posted, and please come for support. People here are awesome, as you've seen.