It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 2 of Suboxone
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. I posted my intro yesterday and wanted to stop by on my second day of using Suboxone. First off, I couldn't believe how well I felt when I woke up this morning. Usually when I wake up and know I have no pills, I get this petrified helpless feeling and dread the thought of getting out of bed. Today I felt okay, and was pleased to not be experiencing chronic withdrawal symptoms and immediately texting my dealer. Today I took my suggested dose of 1.5 strips. A half at 10am, another at 4pm and the last half at 9pm. I am SO EXCITED to say that I have felt withdrawal symptom FREE and besides some cravings during times where I would use (during breaks at work, right when I got home from work) I didn't experience cravings either. I am so pleased with how my second day went. I couldn't believe that I was able to perform at my job at the same level that I would if I were on my oxy.

I'm thinking every day will not be this easy, but I'm in shock at how well my body and mind are reacting to the Suboxone.

Can anyone give me any insight on some common side effects that happen at the very beginning when your body begins to adjust to having the suboxone in it's system for 48, 72, 96 etc hours?

I wonder what my dealer thinks, surprised he hasn't texted me wondering where I am and what the hell i'm doing without my pills. Hehe!

Thanks for reading.

Ryan

Last edited by rybawhhhl on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 of Suboxone
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ryan,

Welcome here. Glad you are here and I know you are too. Lots to be learned here!! A great site and one that can give you a good start w bup... Read read read... Seriously -- READ the stories here. Very impactful and helpful. Congrats on your new life on bup, a miracle medicine for most...

Hopefully w bup, soon you will stop the active addict thinking w what's is it like in 48, 96 hrs etc. Bup is so long acting that that need for a 'fix' is gone. The cravings and obsession to use -- leaves-- and the chance to get your life back on track - exists--if you are also willing to work for it -- more later on that. Glad you are here and glad you found bup. Welcome!!

Keep posting. Cannot tell you enough how helpful that will be for you. Wishing you my best, Pelican

PS you GOTTA delete your dealers #. Period.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 of Suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ryan, congrats on getting started. Buprenorphine meds are very powerful in reducing withdrawal and cravings for opioids at the neurochemical level. Many people who've been using opioids for years will notice 'higher order' cravings-- cravings that aren't caused by withdrawal, but rather are caused by going years without hobbies, taking blows to one's self esteem, or having few tools to deal with emotions. Those cravings can come out of nowhere-- for example you may be home alone, a little bored, resenting something that happened at work, then realizing you have an old vial of Xanax or percocet in the back of a closet. Buprenorphine meds will block most of the effects of an opioid, but people on bupe sometimes start looking at other things that numb those emotions, usually alcohol.

To answer your question about effects after a few days, I'd just say that initially there is a honeymoon phase caused by the relief from obsession to use opioids. There's nothing wrong with enjoying those days, because it is truly imazing to have those obsessions lifted. But be patient in the weeks that follow, as family members question your sobriety, question buprenorphine, etc. I notice that people are nice to their spouses when they fear those people will overdose and die... but once it becomes clear that the spouse is going to survive, all that anger comes out for the lies that were told over all those years!

Stay clean, and all will work out over time. Good luck!!