It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and I was given those directions by my suboxone doctor......I do whatever he says to do, he is very trustworthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just giving an update...

I'm like a poster girl for opiate addiction

Over winter break, when I was supposed to stop sub, I ended up stopping for a few days and then did brown 3 different times and then started taking suboxone again and I'm up to 4 mg a day, the only person who I know to get anything from (because I deleted phone numbers) is in jail, and I have about 3 mg left. And it's subutex. I try to break it into small pieces and it turns into crumbs. So yeah maybe I can turn that 3 mg into like 1 mg a day but even then.. I will be screwed in just a couple days. So yeah. I'm pretty much seriously worried. If ANYONE has some pointers on anxiety... or just wants to tell me a positive withdrawal story, or maybe just wants to remind me why quitting is so great... please post. Honestly, I think I can push through the physical crap. It's the anxiety that makes me almost swing into a panic attack. And the one person I have in the whole world to talk to about this stuff, is locked up. Usually if I feel my throat tightening and the room spinning, if I just talk to someone on the phone it goes away. But I ain't got a soul. It's my own fault, I realize that. I feel bad for not being there for all of you and just coming back when I need help. I don't have a valid excuse for that except I was busy taking too much suboxone every day for the past 3 weeks and lieing to myself about how I will magically not be an addict tomorrow. Please... if anyone is reading this, do not make the mistake that I have made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey IM,

It's good to hear from you again, although I wish the circumstances were different.

Is there any way at all you can get on the phone and start calling around to Suboxone doctors in your area?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 am 

This is going to sound crazy, but I do have one trick for preventing/stopping a panic attack besides medication. I start imagining and even writing down what I would do if I won a Powerball jackpot. Crazy, right? For some reason, the process of thinking of something positive combined with doing math pulls my brain away from a panic attack.

IM, I wish you were posting under better circumstances, and I think Romeo is right. You could use some stability in the form of suboxone and a doctor to care for you. Then do your long and very slow taper. I'm sorry you feel so alone. I know we aren't a great substitute for a friend you can call, but we do care and will continue to respond to you.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. Please don't apologize - I had to come back here and say I relapsed after stopping Sub. A lot of us have. That's why we're here to support each other. I think Romeo and Amy are right, it's been such a short time since you used, staying on Sub for a while might be a good idea. Is your former Sub doc a possibility?
In the meantime stretch out those crumbs as long as you can. You will be OK - you're resourceful. If you don't have anyone to talk to, find a meeting and go and ask for phone numbers. There is help out there. And we will continue to support you! Hang in there.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

*QUESTION*

I am going to my gynecologist on Tuesday. If I am going out of my mind, can I ask her for clonodine? Can they prescribe that? If they don't, can I just go into my family doctor and ask her for it? Will she have to report my addiction to the insurance company? Because I cannot afford that. My parents insurance will go up, not to mention they will find out about my addiction.

Hey guys, thanks for replying. It makes me feel secure and comforted to know that there are people to talk to about this. Seriously, besides my boyfriend, who is in jail so doesn't really count, You Guys are the ONLY ones I have to talk about this stuff.

Update: I took the rest today. I took a crumb when I started feeling symptoms and then after work I already had sick feelings, so I took the rest of my sub to do school work. I know it was stupid. I guess, my whole mode of thinking here was, I know that if I all of a sudden just start taking crumbs, I will feel like crap and completely draw out the withdrawal process. I want to just get it over with. Maybe the thought of defeated an addiction will make me happy or something. I do realize that I will have a very hard time going to work and doing school work, though. I have hope that if I completely put my life in God's hands, he will make sure I get through this OK without ruining my job, school, or reputation. My hope is a little wavering though, I do admit. Maybe this whole thing will make me closer to God. I sure hope so. I know that knowing God feels really good.

I have gone over and over in my head if I should call a suboxone doctor or methadone clinic. I am scared that they all require cash and are not covered by insurance. That is what I hear, anyways. If that is the case, I cannot afford the appointment. And if it's not the case and they bill my insurance, my parents will find out. Also, I worry that their insurance will go up. I mean, insureance goes up if you are a smoker. Why would an opiate addict be any different?

The other part of me says to not go to a doctor because I know that in the long run I am going to end up quitting like this anyways. Maybe I would taper or something, but the thing is... I have stopped at 4 mg before. It was a couple years ago when my (same) boyfriend went to jail. I did not know you got withdrawals from suboxone. I called so many people for drugs, some I barely knew. I made it a week or so, even went to work and everything, but then my doctor prescribed my vicadin for an ear ache and my addiction started up again. I know that the worst will be over in a week. I just have to make it through this week.

Thank you SO MUCH for your tips, Amy! The powerball thing sounds like an awesome idea! You know... in the past, I always used a similar trick. I would tell myself, "It's ok... after you do this, you can have some heroin!" That ALWAYS calmed me down and made me forget about my symptoms. Sometimes it was actually true and I was planning on getting dope afterwards, but sometimes it really wasn't, but I would sort of believe it, or at least imagine it. The bad thing is, the last time I did that... I ended up actually messing up my quitting (as explained earlier in this thread). The powerball thing sounds like a MUCH better thing to do!!

Lilly, thank you for the advice about going to a meeting. I have actually looked up meetings in the past. I never went because I am scared that some people are really negative there, based on stuff I read on the internet. But I think it is worth a try, because not all meetings are the same, and lots of times, the internet is very wrong. It's like, a lot of times, people only post their experiences on the internet if they are bad and they want to warn someone against doing what they did. But we don't always hear about the good stuff! I would really, really like to have a support group. I know that people make me think positive and can really make me forget about my symptoms. That's why I hate having to one to talk to, since this addiction is a secret. I never meant for it to go on this long. I don't know how it did. Drugs are not even my personality. I was a goody-goody, too scared to take half a vicodin if I didn't actually have a headache. So, I just try to tell myself that you just had a short run with drugs, and you are now going back to your old self, who you know very well and will soon be back to. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing, because before I took opiates I was taking depression medication and I really might have had depression. I will DEFINITELY think about going to see my physician or last psychologist if I feel that I cannot handle the depression. I am not actually sure I was depressed before because I was smoking a lot of pot and that might have made me depressed, and although I never lied about my symptoms, I thought that they were not quite as bad that I needed medication, and I was really just trying to score some mega drugs. I honestly think that if I had people to talk to and support me, I would not need depression medication.

Well everyone... here are my only options:

1) Call 1 person that I know used to be prescribed suboxone but recently set up a cocaine deal to help the cops to bust someone. I don't really want to go through that guy. He is a snitch and last I heard his doctor dropped him anyways. Yes it is possible he could get subs from somewhat else, but then there's that whole cop thing. And my boyfriend said not to talk to him if I run out of meds.

2) Call my old friend from high school who recently kicked her cocaine habit. Problem is, she knows no one with subs. And she knows a few people with heroin but it's garbage. I would probably get a little high but would not be able to buy enough to last me.

3) Go to people's houses that I know buy percocet and vicodin. But honestly, I know that those things can only partially take away my withdrawal symptoms, and only for a few hours. There is no way I could buy enough that would help me long enough. I would rather just get the sickness over with rather than living with it half-way for a few weeks.

4) Go to a suboxone doctor or methadone clinic. I would consider this if the visit was only $50 and I just got like 2 weeks worth of subs. I could probably afford that. But... won't they tell the insurance company??? If ANYONE knows that they DO NOT tell your insurance... I probably will end up going if it is affordable. But the other part of me says... what is the point of that? You have jumped from 4 mg before. The physical crap is over in a week. Do you really want to stay on subs and spend soo much money at a doctor to ween down? Is it worth it?

Well... I guess I will have to make the jump. I keep reminding myself that when I jumped from 4 mg before, I made it. I never thew up. I never had any sleep aids or comfort meds. (At least now I have valerian root and somas! Yay soma coma! *I am VERY careful with them*). I never had L-Tyrosine or took vitamins or anything. If I did it then and went to work, I can do it now and go to work. And I got called in to work a full day Monday... which is day 2, always the worst day for me... but I have no choice. I must do it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's a really good question about whether your insurance would go up if you got Suboxone through your insurance. We've been asked that question before on this forum, but I don't remember anyone answering it? You could always call the insurance company and ask them.

As for the Clonidine, I'd go to my primary care physician. I don't know if they're required to report anything about your addiction if you admit to it. You would have to ask them in a surreptitious way.

I understand that your addiction is a secret and that you don't want anyone to know, but maybe keeping your addiction a secret is part of the problem here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:53 am 

I don't know anything about your parents, but if you were my daughter, I would want to help you in whatever way I could. I know it's scary to admit things to parents because you don't want to disappoint them, or you don't want them so involved in your life, etc. But any good parent only wants what is best for their child. They are probably very interested in making sure that you finish your education, and that would mean helping with your addiction. They may not be perfect, but they probably have very good intentions.

And I don't know that health insurance works like that, higher premiums because of addiction. It may affect premiums if your parents are the only ones on that policy, but if they share insurance with the rest of their co-workers, I don't think they would raise rates on an individual person (plus family). For example, my husband works for a moderately large company. To pay for health insurance for him and his family is a flat rate that everyone else in the company is charged too, because it is a group policy. His company did not start charging him more for our health insurance when I went on suboxone. Just like they didn't start charging his co-worker more who started smoking and had to have a lung screen. I do know that LIFE insurance policy premiums increase if you smoke, or when you get older, but I don't think health insurance works that way in a group policy.

Do you mind me asking why you don't want to tell your parents about your addiction? Also, I think you should consider telling your pastor or another religious counselor. They should keep that information completely confidential. At least you would have another level of support!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Invisible Movement, I'm going to write a huge piece for you when I've got more time - how have you been doing?

Any luck with Clonidine?

-Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So, by the grace of God, I was able to get ahold of 4 mg. I am going to try my best to have it last at least 10 days. Seriously, the way I got it... it was a miracle. An honest miracle. I was thinking about miracles all day. I didn't expect one. I certainly didn't expect it in this form. I think God is giving me a second chance. It is nuts, it was only 24 hours after my previous dose and, like it ALWAYS happens, only in 24 hours, the shit has gotten bad enough that I have a very hard time working or doing school work or anything even making dinner. But this time, my legs were INSANE! Usually I have pain in my legs, but this was the worst of my life. And this is only 24 hours!! Not to mention the stuffy nose and the.. like... full-body clammy? feeling, plus the not being able to think or sit still. And I had goosebumps for the entire day, even with flannel pajamas, a blanket, and sitting in front of a space heater. It's crazy. I seriously did not think that I would already be feeling it. Well, I did do a little less than I normally do yesterday, so maybe that's part of it. I took .4, waited 45 minutes, and my legs were still unbearable. So I took another .4, and now OMG I feel like I can do all of my homework! I am SO happy! Why the hell didn't I cut my dose 2 weeks ago??

I HONESTLY think God is giving me a second chance. I am going to start tapering IMMEDIATELY. If I can get ahold of more subs, I am going to start my taper at whatever dose I make it at for the next weeks. My body will be adjusted by that time. Seriously the anxiety is probably the worst part. I don't feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack. Instead, I feel like I am in a very scary, unfamiliar weird place. A creepy place that is depressing and the most negative place in the world. Nothing looks the same, not even my room. The only thing that usually helps is if I watch a certain tv show. But even that tv show wasn't helping today. I pray to God that everything goes as planned and hopefully I can get more. I am serious. It is so weird, I have talked to a few people today that I have not talked to in FOREVER, just about addiction, about doctors and med school students addicted to suboxone that are treating patients for their addictions but have addictions themselves. Honestly, if this miracle didn't happen, I could risk repeating this semester. Shit's tough this round. If I don't get good grades, they make you re-do the classes! I can't afford that. They say if you get behind more than 1 week, you are probably going to fail the class. I'm already 1 week behind. With withdrawals, that could turn into 2 or 3. If this miracle didn't happen today... it could have been a disaster. I was reminded today of what my life used to be like before suboxone. I was sick like this almost every single day of my life, until I hopefully got a dope fix at the end of the day. I am happy I started suboxone. And after going through just 1 day of this, I realize that I can't keeping doing dope here and there. It just messes me up too much. I don't want that to be my lifestyle. I would, as it is a glamourous lifestyle of being high all the time, but really, shit is really scarce right now. A LOT of people are suffering. I don't mean my little circle of 5 people. I mean 50 people, that I know. Yeah, there's dope, but it comes in waves. People are constantly having to go weeks without. Pills are expensive, prices are through the roof, for what I would require to be high anyways. Toleerances go up very quickly. I keep thinking I can live like this, and be high forever, but it's days like this that I realize, this is a very slippery slope, and the rug can be pulled out from under me at any moment. It's not worth it if I have to risk everything I have worked years for. It's tempting, but I am just so amazed by the grace of God that I am honestly going to taper down to less than 1 mg. I can deal with jumping and going through to physical crap even at 1 mg. It's the mental thing. I'm no where near mentally ready because of that "weird anxiety feeling". I am at least going to try the taper. At least down to .3 mg, which is the lowest I've ever gone.

Thanks for all of your comments, everyone. They really mean a lot to me. Also, it's really great to find things out from you all about back-up plans, like if I ever need to go to the doctor, or if I find that even jumping from less than 1 mg is mentally unbearable. At this point, I'm going to have to only do .4 mg a day. It's NOT going to be easy. But seriously, I am just hoping that in a few days my body can adjust to the dose and it will work enough for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Also, Amy, I hear from everyone that parents should be understanding and everything, and I try so hard to believe it, but based on prior expreiences in my life, my parents just are not like that. They are crazy. Like when I sufferred from depression and anxiety and actually got treated for it (on MY terms, MY money), for example, my parents did not care one bit nor did they ever talk about it. When they found out I was taking benzos every day, they didn't offer to take me to the doctor. They were just pissed that I had been hiding this "secret" from them, and yelled at me for a long time and then stopped talking to me or looking at me for a very long time until I just moved out. It's crazy. Before I started depression medication and would have bad anxiety "experiences", when I was younger my mom would hold me but then I would get in trouble and my mom told me if I got out of bed I would be in big trouble. This just got worse when I got older, and when I would get out of bed, she no longer would hold me. 5 years later she offered to take me to a psychologist. I was pissed. I was like, omg, if you would just talk to me when shit like this happens, I would be fine, I don't want to talk to some stupid guy. I don't think they would help pay for me to go to a suboxone doctor. Whenevre I have anything wrong with me and say please Mom PLEASE let me call the doctor, she would be mean to me and say I don't need a doctor, even for example like when I couldn't hear out of one ear, and the doctor told me it's good I came in because if I waited longer I had the chance of going deaf for life. I remember the last time I had the flu, it was probably the worst flu of my life, and I asked my Mom to please get me some water, JUST some water, and she made this huge deal about it and took her sweet old time and the next time I asked for something she ignored me. Seriously, when for example my boyfriend has been sick, I constantly ask HIM if he needs anything, because I care. She's just really cold and my Dad doesn't care about anyone but himself and his reputation. I have tried to imagine ways that telling my parents would work, and I have a fantasy in which they help me kick my habit, but unfortunately I don't think that will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 am 

I can't tell you how sorry I am that your parents aren't great at their job. Some people are too self-centered to become parents in the first place, and I'm afraid your parents might be in that category. It's pretty sad when you have to fantasize about your parents being nice to when you're sick.

You deserve better than that. My son is 14 and I can't imagine ever treating him that way. I can be a little hard on him because I don't want him to grow up as an entitled brat, but he knows I'm always here for him in anyway I can be. (In fact, I just dragged him into my room to reiterate that I want him to come to me with any kind of problem, especially the major ones.)

I don't know if this helps at all, but please know that someone out there is caring about you and sending "mom" vibes your way.

I sincerely hope that the taper goes better this time!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't have time to write a full reply right now, but I did want to say that I've been on Sub twice now and my insurance did NOT go up in any way, shape or form.

Oh, and BTW I choose option 4) go to a Sub doc. If you are over 18 your parents aren't entitled to see your medical records, and if they see Suboxone on a pharmacy receipt, do you think they will even know what it is?

And yes you may have been a goody-two-shoes at one time (me too) but you did get to heroin, you are an addict, and this is life and death. It does SUCK, and we all wish we could go back, but we can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just read my reply & it sounded very abrupt. I was not trying to be rude, I was just in a hurry. I do care about you, and I'm just hoping you will find a way to do what is best for your recovery long-term

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

God gave you a second chance? or the Devil did? If it were God, you wouldn't have taken anything.

Strength, my friend. Stop being weak and quit.

Love to you dear. Good luck. I'm (been) here if you need me, you know where to find me. :)

CHARLIE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm 

I completely disagree that the devil made her do anything, and that taking suboxone should be seen as something evil!

You are without opiate cravings, Charlie. Well, good for you! Not everyone is going to have your experience though.

Why don't you save the tough love for the people who ask for the tough love. People who are already down on themselves don't need to be told they are weak.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow. What a totally terrible thing to say to an addict Charlie!! Just stop being weak and quit? Obviously you haven't been there or anywhere close. Just saying. That was really bad.

Don't listen to that crap girl. Do whatever it takes to keep yourself clean and happy/healthy. Suboxone is a godsend in my eyes. It saved me from certain death. But. I just came back from a 12 step clinic sponsored meeting for bupe patients only and talked to some folks struggling a bit like yourself. Just keep praying and that faith that everything will work out for you. That's the best attitude to have in that position or any position as an addict. I use to think recovery was for the birds. (NA, prayer, higher powers, giving up every toxic thing and person in my life, ect) but once I gave some of these things and honest chance, a lot of these crappy aspects of my life started to get better and I started to see those little miracles all the time. Idk. I guess what I'm saying is give yourself a break. This stuff is really hard. But if suboxone is what works for you then by all means do what you can to take it. Don't listen to people like Charlie that have no idea what they are talking about. Do this because you want to be clean and happy again. That's all. Idk if I made any sense here but I tried. It gets better as long as you are trying. Don't let a slip up ruin everything for you.

I am also on my parents insurance until I'm 26 and I'm now 23. But I do know that it didn't change a single thing when I have gotten on suboxone at any time throughout the last 6 years. Just look at your insurance company's formulary and see if suboxone is on it. That's my little piece lol.

Keep on trying your best because that's all you can do. You know if you are trying hard enough or if there is more you could be doing. I know it's hard to do much of anything in withdrawal, but like I said keep on praying and keeping faith and it will all work out if you allow it to. Keep your head up. It gets better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Charlie stop being an obnoxious tool, its not about being weak. Did the devil put suboxone inside you when you were knee deep in percocets?

You're at a different point in recovery. I'm sure you would have enjoyed being called weak when you couldn't cold turkey off percocets. This has nothing to do strength, or ability. If you're not 200% ready to stop, where do you think an addict goes after running out?

IM

You're indentical in age to me, you've learned exactly how my personal experience went and the methods I used to stop. You're incredibly smart and that's evident just by you reaching out to get help. I know the feelings about parents and them not understanding. I never ended up telling mine, using lies about a stomach flu and random insomnia making me a reclusive alien for about 10 days. Keep it on a need to know basis, and worst comes to worst and you run out without any ability to re-up, pretend you've got the worst stomach flu of your life. No one is happy with a stomach flu :).

If you can make 4mg last 10 days without a ton of discomfort I'd say from my awesome estimation completely unscientific findings you would probably have a similar experience to my own. You absolutely can make it through it. Something I've not wanted to admit but is probably very true is age makes this easier. We heal faster. I think, anyhow. ( Lilly is sighing ).

Hold dear whatever you can. A close friend, a guy you're interested in, your dog. Stuffed animal. Anything. Lean on it. Talk to them. Talk to us. If you're sure you're not able to get anymore after this that is. I would also suggest if you're seriously considering stopping and being clean as it sounded you were when we talked, try not to run and grab more from the streets. If you get to day 4-5 with nothing and you absolutely WANT to stop, try to resist finding more. The reason you got here sounds so similar to my own. The way its happened to you breaks my heart.

I believe you should do whatever makes you comfortable. Don't let your parents scare you, or the thought of upsetting them. In the grand scheme a heroin addiction seems about 300x as bad in any parents eyes. You're getting healthy, clean and safe. If she doesn't want to bring you a glass of water, well shame on her.

I felt the anxiety you talk about. It was my worst symptom. I never felt safe, I felt the world was against me. I felt afraid. I felt the feeling of a horrible break up and getting caught doing something very bad as a child. Only it never ended. Constant. That shit sucks. However, that does go away. It doesn't take long either for the most intense parts about it to alleviate.

The number one thing that has helped my recovery and my withdrawal period was that I cut out everyone that could possibly get me anything. I deleted my contacts and got a new phone #. If you have the ability, or associate with other users it'll be that much harder. Try to eliminate the people that help continue your addiction.

I went through about two weeks of being unable to find enough Suboxone to continue my addiction. I blew up my dealers, fellow user friends, everyone to find more suboxone. It was the only thing on my mind. I stayed strong in the mindset I only wanted suboxone, which was good. However I felt like a complete junkie. I called each of them atleast 40 times. I'd always manage to find ( and overpay like fucking crazy ), for small amounts. That's no way to live. That alone caused me a lot of anxiety.

I know you've got school. I was managing work albeit ( barely ) through my withdrawals. I managed though. I know in school barely managing isn't always enough. If you can manage .4 and not feel like death I'd expect you to go through a few days of that nasty anxiety and than some insomnia. It's horrible but using the tips we talked about definitely help.

You can do whatever you put your mind too. The number one thing that scared me from stopping was my fear of the withdrawals. Fear of what that time period of feeling like shit would do to my life. Getting clean and away from those people has done nothing but benefit me. My life feels about 300x better than it did 20 days ago. Not worrying about not feeling sick. Not worrying about the possibility of running out. Not feeling controlled.

If you can get in with a doctor that's great. If you need to continue going through street dealers I suggest you do what you IM'd me. You can do it. You absolutely can. I believe you can.

Lots of love IM. I'll be around if you need to talk. Let me know your plans, I'd be happy to boost your mood and help you fight that fuckin anxiety.

-Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Whooa buddies I step out for 2 days and it's like "wa-wa-wa-WAA???" Lol.. yeah but really, Charlie's a cool dude, he means well. I appreciate you all sticking up for me, that makes me real happy, knowing that you guys understand that I was not in a good position to jump. And I also respect Charlie's opinions on how it could have been better to be sick and learn my lesson and be scared straight. We've got an understanding. But you guys didn't know that, so I understand how you all got a lil defensive and that's cool too. Charlie knows I been tryin to quit suboxone for-EVERRR!!!! And I think I'm weak every day!! It was a nice message, actually, a lil peace note, and I like that, that means a lot to me, the Charlie you're still hear lookin after all of us. That's real cool. And you're an inspiration to this whole forum!

And thanks you guys for being there for me! I sooo learned my lesson. Being on that .4 for a few days, wow, seriously I did not have ANY side effects for those few days. For real! Just that first 24 hours with nothing. So you know what? That shows that it is totally possible to jump from 4 to .4 and (well maybe with like a 24-hour cleaning-out-period), be fine!! Mentally, yeah my endorphins aren't going wacko (like they are now--- yeah I found a way), but they aren't dipped. They felt level. Actually, it made the side effects from the sub go away. Like the inability to focus, the mind racing, the itching ,the bathroom issues, and the tiredness and needing a pot of coffee. It was great!! Buuuuut yeah now the devil sure is at work, now I'm back on track and wanting to power my way through my schoolwork that I got almos ta WEEK behind on because of this stuff! And you know I'm OK with that, and I know that God has a plan for me, and his plan is for me to do good in school and learn my lesson about my addiction, and ALWAYS be prepared, and get back down to the .5 I once knew! And I am no longer afraid of the .5! I am so excited right now! .5 here I come! Like in Home Alone when kevin mccalister walks out of the mansion at night and says "Ya hear that? I'm not afraid anymore!" (before the man with the shovel comes along and kevin screams his way into the house..) Lol! Yeah, but without that whole screaming part. :D

Seriously without this I would have been out of work and risked failing my classes, because I was already behind, and would have missed due dates, and in this program you CANNOT miss due dates! I thank God every minute of my life that this worked out. And I know he's with me, and I know that jumping down to under 1 mg is not hard at ALLLL!!! And I know that jumping from as high as 1 mg is totally doable, and I'm back on my taper!

Thanks you all for being there for me when I needed you most! It was one of the scariest times of my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 pm 

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I completely disagree that the devil made her do anything, and that taking suboxone should be seen as something evil!

You are without opiate cravings, Charlie. Well, good for you! Not everyone is going to have your experience though.

Why don't you save the tough love for the people who ask for the tough love. People who are already down on themselves don't need to be told they are weak.

Amy

Well, apparently she did ask for the tough love! My bad so sorry Charlie!

Amy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next