It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys,
I'm new to this site & don't really have a lot of addict friends to turn to for the information that I need. Any advice would be really appreciated, cuz I'm starting to worry myself a bit.

Anyways,
I'm on day 3 without suboxone, & I feel surprisingly well. I know that it's going to get worse, but I'm just hoping for the best but expecting for the worst.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience on any vitamins, supplements or OTC meds that I could go out & grab before I start to feel too shitty. I want to be as prepared as possible.

Here's what I have in my withdrawal arsenal:
Prescriptions:
1. Klonipin 0.5's, about 20 left
2. #8 Valium 5mgs
3. Dicyclomine 10mg (Bentyl, for stomach cramps)
4. #5 Triazolam 0.25mg for sleep

Vitamins/Supplements:
1. Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement
2. B complex
3. Magnesium oxide (this was actually prescribed, but figured I'd put it here)
4. Magnesium (regular - ?)
5. Milk thistle
6. Melatonin
7. Zinc
8. Vitamin C
9. Kratom - I do have some kratom, but don't want to take them unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

I also have Imodium & some weed, which helps a lot (even though WD symptoms are currently tolerable).

Quick background: started on Roxys in 2008, did those til about 2010. Got on methadone, was on that for about a year. Then decided that methadone was not working for me, & switched to Suboxone. I've been on sub for about a year and a half now. I started at 12mgs on sub, tapered all the way down to 0.75 mg (a quarter of a 2mg strip).

I took vacation from work in order to detox off the sub & am REALLY HOPING that the WD symptoms will be gone by the time I come back on Dec. 30th.

I was just wondering if anyone can offer any advice for something that might alleviate the symptoms, cuz I know it'll only get worse. Honestly, ANY advice would be great & def appreciated.

My morale is really high right now, feeling pretty confident in myself at this point. I never want to rely on a chemical to get me thru the day EVER again. I'm truly ready to quit once & for all, & I just want to do it as painlessly as possible (if that's possible).

Thanks in advance for your help & understanding!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey! Congrats on 3 days!! It sounds to me like you have a pretty great understanding of what you're going to need. All of those supplements are going to help you. I would stick with what you listed off. I'm not sure if you meant that you actually have them all, but all of them will help you tremendously in different ways. The Klonopin, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Valium, Melatonin, and Magnesium will be the most help to you. Vitamin C, B & Magnesium will all help you have energy during the day. The Klonopin, Valium & Melatonin will help you sleep at night. The two biggest symptoms are RLS(therefore no sleep), and having no energy during the day. If you can find things to help with those two, the other ones are more of an annoyance. Immodium will help you not rush to the bathroom every 20 minutes. Then you're just left with the watery eyes, sneezing & chills. If you can sleep, and have energy the next day, you can get out of the house. Then those little symptoms will seem like nothing, and you may not even notice, or have them, if you actually get up and going!

Hot baths at night will help you to fall asleep initially, and then the medications will help with RLS, which will help you STAY asleep.

Getting exercise is seriously one of the biggest things. Keeping your endorphins flowing is what's going to help you to get back to "normal" the quickest! You want to FEEL. Listening to music, watching a funny movie, hanging out with people who love you and make you laugh. Those will ALL help so much, more than you really think. Weed is also going to be your best friend. I'm lucky to live where it's legal! So, I can go buy THC suckers and candies, lol. It really really helps you to feel like a normal person. Especially if you smoke normally.

Coming off of .75 is going to be fairly easy! It's a very small amount. Those who come off of 1mg seem to not feel too much in the way of WD's. I came off of .25 and my WD's were slim to none. Being 3 days in, coming off of that small of an amount, and feeling wonderfully is a GREAT sign that you won't feel much worse! Days 3-4 are usually the peak when you come off that little. You should be fine to be back at work on the 30th.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your response! You def took a little weight off of my shoulders.

Today is now day 4, & I still feel pretty good, considering. Just the annoying little symptoms.

I do have all of those OTC meds/supplements I listed off. I went to the store last night & got some NyQuil/DayQuil for the annoying symptoms (I've heard they help) & some Dramamine also for if I get nauseous.

You're right, exercise DEF helps! I just got done rollerblading for a good 30 minutes & I feel great! Music helps me a lot, so does Netflix! Parks & Rec is keeping me laughing. I def feel like getting out of the house today, to keep my mind at ease.

You said that you stopped sub at .25 so does that mean that you experienced the symptoms like running to the bathroom every 20 mins? How long would you say your WDs lasted until you felt better? Sorry for the all the questions, I just wanna know what's possibly in store.

Do you think that day 4 WDs is going to be as bad as they're going to get? I mean, they aren't EVEN bad at ALL. Completely tolerable. I'm just worried for the next few days, it being Christmas & all - I'm supposed to drive two hours away to see extended family. So, I'm hoping that the worst of the WDs will be gone by then. If worse comes to worse, I could take a few Kratoms, but I'd really rather not do that unless I'm really feelin the pain.

You're so lucky you live where weed is legal! Must be super convenient haha. Smoking has helped a LOT, keeps me in a good mood, gets rid of or masks the annoying little symptoms.

Thanks for responding, your reply made me feel a lot better about what's to come :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

fireinhereyes wrote:
Thank you for your response! You def took a little weight off of my shoulders.

Today is now day 4, & I still feel pretty good, considering. Just the annoying little symptoms.

I do have all of those OTC meds/supplements I listed off. I went to the store last night & got some NyQuil/DayQuil for the annoying symptoms (I've heard they help) & some Dramamine also for if I get nauseous.

You're right, exercise DEF helps! I just got done rollerblading for a good 30 minutes & I feel great! Music helps me a lot, so does Netflix! Parks & Rec is keeping me laughing. I def feel like getting out of the house today, to keep my mind at ease.

You said that you stopped sub at .25 so does that mean that you experienced the symptoms like running to the bathroom every 20 mins? How long would you say your WDs lasted until you felt better? Sorry for the all the questions, I just wanna know what's possibly in store.

Do you think that day 4 WDs is going to be as bad as they're going to get? I mean, they aren't EVEN bad at ALL. Completely tolerable. I'm just worried for the next few days, it being Christmas & all - I'm supposed to drive two hours away to see extended family. So, I'm hoping that the worst of the WDs will be gone by then. If worse comes to worse, I could take a few Kratoms, but I'd really rather not do that unless I'm really feelin the pain.

You're so lucky you live where weed is legal! Must be super convenient haha. Smoking has helped a LOT, keeps me in a good mood, gets rid of or masks the annoying little symptoms.

Thanks for responding, your reply made me feel a lot better about what's to come :)

I don't think your symptoms are going to get worse. The people who say their wd symptoms don't show up for five days or whatever have typically come off of higher doses, like 2-4mg (or way higher) and the half life is slowly dissipating. I, too, came off .25mg almost 2 months ago. The worst of my physical wd symptoms were days 2-4 I think. After that I started feeling physically better but then I got hit with the dreaded PAWS - depression, severe fatigue, just blaaaaaah. But I started up the exercise and it helped so much. By 12-14 days I was fine. Still had minor annoyances like goosebump legs and feeling cold for a while but nothing bad. And now I'm allllll goooood. Super stoked to be 100% clean for the holidays.

You're gonna be fine. But post your progress, and I'm here if you need to chat!

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Uwillbloved wrote:

I don't think your symptoms are going to get worse. The people who say their wd symptoms don't show up for five days or whatever have typically come off of higher doses, like 2-4mg (or way higher) and the half life is slowly dissipating. I, too, came off .25mg almost 2 months ago. The worst of my physical wd symptoms were days 2-4 I think. After that I started feeling physically better but then I got hit with the dreaded PAWS - depression, severe fatigue, just blaaaaaah. But I started up the exercise and it helped so much. By 12-14 days I was fine. Still had minor annoyances like goosebump legs and feeling cold for a while but nothing bad. And now I'm allllll goooood. Super stoked to be 100% clean for the holidays.

You're gonna be fine. But post your progress, and I'm here if you need to chat!

Congrats on getting clean! Especially over the holidays, I bet it feels great! I really wanted to be done with sub so I can start 2014 off FRESH!

I'm soooo relieved to hear that you don't think my symptoms will get any worse ("fingers crossed").
I am pretty worried about the PAWS, everyone seems to say that they are the worst. I feel like the physical symptoms I could handle, but the mental/psychological symptoms sound like HELL.

Here's how I'm feeling on day 4:
- little bit of hot/cold flashes (they kinda come in waves, if that makes sense)
- goosebumps
- been sneezing a lot; however no watery eyes
- slight stomach discomfort, but I took a Bentyl & that seemed to help
- I'm actually STARVING right now, so I think I'll go get something to eat (glad I have an appetite)
- dull headache - nothing major, just annoying
- my legs feel fine for the most part, no RLS
- it's also been super easy getting to sleep with the help of melatonin & marijuana :)

That about sums up how I'm feeling today. I actually got out yesterday & hung out with a friend. Today I think I'm gonna do some last minute xmas shopping to keep me busy.

Thanks for your kind words & assurance!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey! Merry Christmas!

It sounds like you're on Day 7 now? How are you feeling?!

Actually, coming off of .25mg, I didn't have too terrible of bathroom breaks. I mean yes, I had some. Your system has to clean itself out. But I think it was more like 2-3 times a day, as opposed to constantly! You're SO LUCKY to not have RLS! I had RLS from days 2-9! Other than RLS, though, I really didn't experience bad WDs. I had some stomach issues, RLS only at night, and some general tiredness. But that was it. I'm sure I yawned more than normal & sneezed a little & also I got the dreaded hot/cold rollercoaster, but it was a BREEZE compared to opiate WDs, or other posts I read about higher doses.

I agree that your WD symptoms shouldn't last too much longer! I can almost guarantee you're about done. PAWS MAY hit, they also may not. The important thing is to not think too much about it. If you convince yourself you're going to experience PAWS, you will. The mind is very powerful. You can convince yourself into being sick, depressed, etc.

Staying busy is key! Keep yourself laughing and happy. I'm glad you have some pot! I can't stress enough that it really does help! I obviously don't want to condone illegal activity, but I'm not gonna lie! Lol.

Let us know how you're doing. (: