It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: day 2 w/o sub
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey hopefully everybody will get this post...I started out on painkillers , from loratabs to oxycontins.then got on methadone like a dummy !! I was on and off that for about 41/2 yrs. the past yr. then I started using heroin for about a 1yr. this past yr. I got off 120 mg of methadone and got on the sub. it was the end of march this yr. now its been too days without it..I tappered pretty slowly (I guess ) but these last 3 wks. since tappering has been somewhat a challenge. All though I can say it is not the end of the world just yet. hope it doesn't get any worse than what I am experencing right now..just curious of how much longer this is gonna last...my doctor said 3 more weeks without taking any...please give me some feedback..positive b/c i have read alot of horror stories !!!!!1

P.S. the past 3wks of tapering and 2days w/o I have been taking a multivitamin every morning along with a vitiamin c, calcicum pill and 1 b12..drinking alot of caffeine during the day and at night I was taking melatonin to help with sleep , but now the doc a has called me in some ambien..still wake up between 2-4 in the AM wide awake..don't know why.if anybody has any more sugg. please let me know !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tallwater. I know we talked in the chat room today, but I wanted to officially welcome you and say "thanks" for sharing your story with us. I hope you find as much support for your recovery here as I have.

No one can say for sure how long you'll feel the symptoms of acute withdrawal...it just depends on the individual. Many people swear by exercise in helping to feel better as well as using the medication clonodine. Perhaps you have a doctor that can prescribe that for you? Just a thought. Hang in there, we're glad you're here, and please keep us posted on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: almost over with day 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

had to buy some immodium today...the hot flashes are coming on alot more and alot hotter !! really agitated . well I have been told that it takes 3-5 days for the real WD to hit...hope it don't get any worse than this !!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Please don't shoot the messenger, but tomorrow might be a little worse than today. The immodium will help, keep hydrated and try to do something physical. You know the routine, if your like me you've been through this before. Nothing you can't handle. This too shall pass. If you don't mind me asking, why the quick taper? If I read your story right you were taking 120mg of methadone 4 months ago. I tried coming off of 60 years ago and it was a nightmare. In any event I'd rather be coming off of subs than methadone. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey thanks for the advice...well I was on 120mg than went down to 60mg within a 8 month period..than I went from 60mg to 30mg I think in like a month or two..memory is pretty bad..lol once I got to 30 I went w/o for 2 days then started on sub. I was on 8mg for about a week that all started the end of march this yr. then I stayed on 2mg. and about a month and a half I started weaning from there. last week I was taking crumbs. I think I did pretty good as far as weaning slow enough ??? but I have been going through very mild wd. going on four wks now...it's just very draining !! but this is day 4 w/o anything so hopefully it is gonna start getting better soon !!! and ur right nothing is like wd off of methadone that is death its self !!

Post subject: Re: day 2 w/o sub
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tallwater wrote:
Hey hopefully everybody will get this post...I started out on painkillers , from loratabs to oxycontins.then got on methadone like a dummy !! I was on and off that for about 41/2 yrs. the past yr. then I started using heroin for about a 1yr. this past yr. I got off 120 mg of methadone and got on the sub. it was the end of march this yr. now its been too days without it..I tappered pretty slowly (I guess ) but these last 3 wks. since tappering has been somewhat a challenge. All though I can say it is not the end of the world just yet. hope it doesn't get any worse than what I am experencing right now..just curious of how much longer this is gonna last...my doctor said 3 more weeks without taking any...please give me some feedback..positive b/c i have read alot of horror stories !!!!!1

P.S. the past 3wks of tapering and 2days w/o I have been taking a multivitamin every morning along with a vitiamin c, calcicum pill and 1 b12..drinking alot of caffeine during the day and at night I was taking melatonin to help with sleep , but now the doc a has called me in some ambien..still wake up between 2-4 in the AM wide awake..don't know why.if anybody has any more sugg. please let me know !!!

NO CAFFINE!!!!! makes it twice as bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

really ??? why ??? man I drink coke's all the time which is another battle I have to face as well as smoking..one hurdle at a time..lol this morning I sleep until almost 7 ...wow so far I feel fine I started taking Tyrosine yesterday..hoping today is the start of an old me !!!! what do ya'll think ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

oh yeah and today is day 5 !!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well i guess everyone is diffrent caffine makes it horrible for me and some people i know. it makes the restlessnes worse for me and i just feel more uncomfortable. although coffee is alot worse than soda. any stemulants makes it worse for me cause it makes my blood pressure go sky high when im withdrawling and get very bad restless legs. but thats just me good luck i hope you are still clean? hows it goin? i get to do most of my withdrawling throw basic training i just found out a couple days ago i leave on tuesday i wasent suspose to for 5 months! then its 5 days!! but luckfully i was weaned to 1mg or less for a month or so and was fine on that. and the last couple days i have took very tiny peices like probaly .25mg maybe .5mg and havent felt real bad at all i sleep the last two nights fine. the only w/d feeling i have got was acky legs but nothing that cant be delt with. but hopfully i hear how your doin 5 or 6 days off. before i leave on tuesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey, yea it's probaly not helping me any..but today is day 8..just got back from the beach..which was really needed !! lol It sounds like we weaned just about the same way. I haven't had RLS at all ,last night I fell asleep w/o the ambien.and didn't wake up at 4am either.each day gets better and better. the only thing driving me nuts is the lack of motivation and just how easy things make me really ill !! other than that I am doing great this is the longest I have been w/o any type of opiate in my system in prob. 4-5 yrs. I think u will be just fine.I'm still trying to get used to not taking anything when I wake up just to get out of bed !! worrying will just make u go nuts. plus won't u be out there exercising ? that's really gonna help u too. can u take any vitimans there ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yep thats all ill be doing lol. the other thing im a lil worried about is a drug test if they will test for it or not cause i herd it can be in your body for up to 10days i know meps didnt test for were you get your physical before you enlist so i dought they will but that would suck. but no i cant take nothing at all with me. but ya yesterday i only took very little a crumb like litterly couldent feel it on my tung. so today i felt pretty bad and had to clean before i leave and just had to take a lil peice so i can work. but while in bootcamp i hope my mind will be off of it so i can get throw it easyer i hope!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

lol...today was alot better..I keep yawning and still sneeezing throughout the day which drives me nuts !!as far as the drug test u should be fine..good luck to u !!!! just keep your mind busy and I think that u being out of the house will help I find myself being really unmotivated and more depressed when I'm at home but when I go to work or just get away from the house I feel so much better. so this might be a blessing in disguise ( probally spelled it wrong LOL ) well again good luck and u can get through this !!!! take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good luck on quitting. I'm right behind you.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u so much !!! that really means alot !! today is day 11 and I feel about 85% . I just hope each day keeps getting better !

Post subject: PAWS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow well it's been a month now ...the physical wd's weren't hardly any thing..but the paws is driving me nuts..my sleep schedule is still wierd . I feel like I can't learn new stuff like I used to be able to and my memory is gone. my motivation is still low but not as bad as it was at first !! but on the bright side Mentally I feel more like my old self...as far as wanting to talk more and being my funny goofy self again...sooo I guess just keep taking one day at a time and hopefully this PAWS does not last 2 yrs. !!!!