It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok...so I did everything right I thought. I was only on 4mg tops doseage. Was on for only 6 months. Tapered off and jumped when I was stable at 0.063mg. Haven't taken any in 7 days. In those 7 days I have been to the ER twice thinking I was having a heart attack....bad chest and arm and back pain. They said I'm not. Bad anxiety. And I feel like my body weighs 10,000 lbs. I have to force myself to get stuff done....not so easy when you are a single mom to a young kid and have a dog and a house. OMG. When will I get some energy back? When will my temperature regulate? When will I not feel so heavy and lazy? I'm exhausted all the time!!!! Please, help!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Maya,

Sorry to hear ur having a difficult time.. I am about 6 months and about 2 weeks off of subs. I was on subs for almost 3 years..honestly I still have times where I feel lazy and tired. It's Def a process but I was also on for a lot longer then you..u were on it for 6 months so it shouldn't be too bad. I started a journal for the first two weeks. If you click on my name you probably will find it. You just have to understand what ur feeling is part of the process and it will get better. You just have to keep fighting because in the end it will totally be worth it.it was the best decision I ever made..try not to think too much on how ur feeling. Do something. I know it's easier said then done but go for a walk..I also went to the gym everyday and that helped so much..exercise is key..I took imodium on and off during the first two weeks. It seemed to help. But I didn't take too much. I would take like 8 one day..the 6 another day. The temp regulated for me at about the 3-4 week mark. But again I was on it for much longer then you..u already made it 7 days!!!!! Each day will get better from here on out. It can't get worse I promise. You have ur kid and ur self to fight for. I think its worth the fight. Welcome the fight!!! Bc u are kicking it's butt so far. Just try to get by each hour and know that it will continue to get better. I would say for me a little past week 2 I started seeing a lot of improvement. I had really bad restless legs. I wore ted hose, everyday all day for about 4 weeks..lol make sure u take vitamins they help and eat bananas..I took vitamin b6,b12, potassium. L tyrosine and l theanine. Just know you are not alone..any questions or concerns you have I and others will help u through. Not a lot of people right now can say they have made it 7 days without a drug..congrats!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Maya,
I'm on day 33 and feeling almost back to normal. This is definitely a process. Just know that you're body is fighting every day to get back to normal. It will get better soon. I think around day 11 or 12 I was feeling a lot better. Unfortunately the fatigue has lingered longer than I would like but gets a little better everyday. I actually am able to get through half the day now without even thinking about how I'm feeling now. Where as before those thoughts consumed me. Hang in there!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks guys. I am on day 8 I guess now. Still, energy is zero. I forced myself to walk today for 40 mins outside in the sun. doing anything requires extreme effort. It's insane. Other symptoms that I have are no appetite still, nausea (lots)--can't really even smell food it makes me sick, feeling like my legs weigh 10,000 lbs, just zero motivation. Pain I haven't felt in a long time too has come back. Surprisingly, and thank God, probably in big part to working a program, no cravings!!! I just want my energy back! And to be able to eat again. All in time I guess!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

U are def close to where things are gonna get a lot better..at home do some push-ups sit ups jump in jacks, lift a chair a couple times. Do that and ur body will want fuel (food)..drink lots of water..watch funny movies, listen to music that all helps..a famous quote if you laugh, think, and cry then you have had a great day..ur emotions are coming back so understand that and enjoy it...stay strong!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well day 9. Still takes all the effort I have to move around. I have never felt so out of energy in my life. I swear if I didn't know what to expect from this by reading everyone's posts I would be sure I was dying of cancer. Have lost 25 lbs. still cannot eat, although this am I forced myself to eat a granola bar---and had to gag it down. But I don't want my body to be damaged because I haven't eaten in so long. Been taking immodium as needed. Skipped a few days but needed it yesterday. Also been taking hydroxyzine as prescribed by my psych doc---says it helps the anxiety and "bugs crawling under your skin" feeling. The first sign of opiate w/d for me was always insomnia and that bugs crawling in my legs feeling. Shockingly, I haven't had much of that yet---but im scared that's still to come. I don't know? I also take clonazepam for anxiety regularly so I think that is also helping me at night. The worst is by far the lack of motivation, lack of energy, and the nausea and inability to eat. I knew I had to come off this during the summer if I was going to because work starts back up in Sept and I need to be able to function. It's shocking that I am able to still do everything my young daughter needs. Last night as I was cooking her dinner I was gagging the whole time. I don't know how I didn't vomit. I am never like that---smells never bother me, especially food! It's insane. I also noticed food, when I can choke it down, tastes gross. Did that happen to anyone? And how long did it last? My clothes are now all too big on me and I've gotta start getting some nutrition in. Thanks for letting me vent. Good thing I tapered to 0.063mg instead of jumping at 0.25 like my doc told me to. She said I wouldn't feel a thing at 0.25!!!! And here I am 9 days out still feeling sick from 0.063!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:57 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I can't imagine having such symptoms from dropping at such a low amount. Suboxone is definitely stronger than people think. Right?

edit)
I did want you to know, you are doing great!!!
Everything JennJenn is going to say! Well, almost... lol
I don't have kids

Last edited by happyg1961 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:57 pm 

Hey Maya :)

I don't know exactly what ur going through right now cause I'm still on sub. But I wanted to just give ya some encouragement because I know it has to be rough doing this with a child ur having to take care of. I have children and it's awful when u feel bad. U have to still keep moving no matter how u feel to take care of them. I remember withdrawal from my DOC and not feeling like holding my head up, but still having to keep it moving and it's tough. It's definitely inspiring to read about ur journey and I hope u know that. It's extremely brave and I give you major props. Ur getting closer every day to feeling better, just remember that. And u only have to do this once, never again hopefully. Keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks everyone. It helps to know there's people out there who are like me. I can't wait to get to the point where I no longer think about my symptoms, but day 9 they are still there full force. I noticed today im antsy and agitated. That is new too. Im just pissed off and I don't know why. Im sure part of it is because I haven't been able to eat a real meal in a few weeks, and also being a single mom and having to do everything for my child and dog with no help is hard anyway---throw sub w/d in and damn! But, I've made it through 9 days and I refuse to quit now. I know it may take a few more weeks (or months) but im not going back (God willing---I've learned in the program it's one day at a time and never say never or you are too comfortable and then you relapse.) thanks for all your support and I will keep posting until I feel good again. Take care. Maya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Pets are like people, they are with you till they die.
I have been living right next to my brothers 5 pitbulls. I have helped raise them since they were pups. 2 have recently died from natural causes. One was shot in the leg a few years back and I think he will outlive them all. lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Maya,

Ur doing awesome...just take it an hour at a time..tell ur self I'll push through tonight and Tomm will be better then today..and take a pic of yourself now because when u start eating ur not gonna be able to stop. Lol..the thing I've noticed with subs is its a lot mental. It messes with ur head..as far as insomnia I didn't get that either from sub withdrawal..I never missed a day of work..and to be honest I felt better when I was at work then I did at home..that goes to show when u have nothing to do and ur thinking about it it's worse. Motivational videos helped me a lot and music..just try and stay busy. Have you tried doing some push-ups sit ups jumping jacks? Get ur body working don't just sit around. Trust me. It helps..Come Sept you will feel so much better and won't need a drug to function !! Congrats on another day..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Still going strong. The last 2 days haven't been as bad as the others. I'm not as tired...still exhausted but don't feel that body weighing 10,000 lbs thing. Back hurts bad today. I forced myself to walk again today for an hour. Other than that not much new.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Maya,
Way to hang in there!
This is like 9 or 11 days now, right?
Maybe you are over the hump now.
Good luck,
Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:41 am 

Maya, you are having the worst time of anyone I have ever known that tapered down that far before stopping. I honestly can't tell if you're just super sensitive to withdrawal symptoms, you didn't taper down as far as you thought, or if you have some sort of negativity that's translating into longer withdrawal. 2% of me wonders if you are just yanking our chain! But it's only 2%, so don't pay attention to that part of me. I'm definitely as surprised as everyone else about how long this is taking you. I hope it lets up soon!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:43 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Dear Maya....just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping up with your jump and wishing you the very best. Since I'm still tapering, I don't know anything about how you feel after a jump but I do know that it helps to have support and you have mine! You are doing a great job and make me think that I can do this someday, too. Hang in there! You will turn the corner eventually!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

happyg1961 wrote:
I can't imagine having such symptoms from dropping at such a low amount. Suboxone is definitely stronger than people think. Right?

edit)
I did want you to know, you are doing great!!!
Everything JennJenn is going to say! Well, almost... lol
I don't have kids

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Amy, I think looking back it's because I didn't stabilize long enough from .25mg and down before I lowered. It's day 11 or something now and things are so much better today. I am still nauseous, but I do have other health issues going on so not sure if that's w/d or other issues or both. But, I feel much more awake and much more motivated. Got a ton done today, and my mood is good. I am def more sensitive to meds--always have been....so that could be part of why I had 10 bad days. But I don't feel 10 bad days after jumping, even from 0.063mg is THAT unheard of? Anyway, today is much better and I feel like I'm "over the hump". Things should get much better I hope from here on out!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:07 pm 

I'm so glad that you feel like you've turned a corner!

I'm sure there will be more and more good days, and fewer bad dad ones as time marches on.

Keep up the good work!!

Amy