It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm glad you made it "to the other side". Should be all downhill from here on. Hopefully not too many bumps as you go. You were at a crossroads in your life 11 or 12 days ago and have chosen this road to follow, from now on.
I'm just curious about your future plans to stay this way.
Do you have a plan?
Do you have some kind of goal to shoot for?
I couldn't do what you have done, I would have broke .
Any tips for us to make it easier when we're ready to stop?
So we should go below .0632 to say .0432 or as low as .0322 or half that?
Your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

happyg1961 wrote:
I'm glad you made it "to the other side". Should be all downhill from here on. Hopefully not too many bumps as you go. You were at a crossroads in your life 11 or 12 days ago and have chosen this road to follow, from now on.
I'm just curious about your future plans to stay this way.
Do you have a plan?
Do you have some kind of goal to shoot for?
I couldn't do what you have done, I would have broke .
Any tips for us to make it easier when we're ready to stop?
So we should go below .0632 to say .0432 or as low as .0322 or half that?
Your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Happy

Honesty Happy,
What I would have done differently was go slower towards the end...one I got to 0.25mg I kind of really rushed cause at that point I just wanted off. So, first I would just make sure I stabilized at each dose for a few weeks before lowering again. Also, I would make sure I was ready to come off (which I was--am working a program, and as my dose decreased I didn't have cravings, so I knew it was ok to continue)...if I had had cravings, I would have stopped and went up to the last dose I wasn't having them at, and give it more time and more work. It's not worth a relapse if this is what is keeping you from dying. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I needed another medication to deal with my other mental issues, which probably sent me drug seeking in the first place--you know, I was self medicating. Once my new meds kicked in, I knew that I would be ok without the sub, as long as I kept working my program, being honest and seeing my doc and therapist. My psych doc also said she is going to drug test me randomly---I totally agreed because it will keep me honest. So, those are safe guards. And wait til you are sure you are ready to do this---if you want off more than anything, you will get through it. I couldn't seem to cut my pieces any smaller than .063mg but if you can, yeah, it wouldn't hurt going a little lower.

Hope that helps! And most importantly, work with your dr. Make sure if you go off, you have the option of going back on if it doesn't work. I always know that option is there, and even though I have no desire to go back on, if it was that or death, obviously I would choose the sub again.

Take care,
Maya