It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 8 sub free!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:48 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Today is day 8, gettin better each day. Woke up before my alarm n actually got outta bed. Didn't try to go back to sleep for 10 more min (lol don't know if anyone else does that) but it feels so much better to just get up the first time u wake. Crazy question though... Has anyone else who has recently quit had uncontrollable sneezing attacks? I don't know if its just cuz my nostrils have been plugged with drugs for the last 5 yrs n they're actually starting to work again or what? Just curious if this is an issue with anyone else? Other than that I'm feelin great n every day clean under my belt is building TONS of momentum!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

AWESOME, how far did you wean down to?? Im just so damn scared of this weaning, at first I thought people were crazy weaning down to .2 but the more I see people posting that is what they did and that I would be crazy to jump at 1 or 2 it has been scaring the hell out of me. Almost to the point that I have thought about checking myself into IOP so they can do a morphine & clonidine wean and get it over with. My doc said he would prescrib me clonidine and trazadone but Im so flipping scared of wd's, hell that is what kept me using for about 2 years, I wasnt getting high anymore it was all about not getting sick. So I find myself in the same dilemma with sub. Subs has really saved my life it has given me time to work on the underline problems in my life, character, friends and give me a lil taste of what life could be like without opiates in my life. i know I just need to slow down and take one day at a time and not worry about 3 months from now but WD'S scare the shit out of me. I'm down to 6 from 16 and plan to get down to 4 next week, I was going to jump at 1 but Im not so sure now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey newlife,

The sneezing attacks are completely normal, a pain in the ass, but normal nonetheless. Mine lasted for a good while, you might try and get used to them. :)

Have you smelled the funny smells yet? There are a few of us who have reported having a smell, usually on the unpleasant side, that seems to get stuck in our nose for a few days? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?

Whoops, I almost forgot to tell you this....CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 8!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Romeo-no funny smells yet, but again i think my sense of smell is still a little outta wack you know!!! doenst sound too pleasant though!!! lol, thanks abunch on the congrats it means alot.

Breakingchains- Dont be scared!!! you honestly wanna know my weaning schedule....is as follows. i was prescribed 16 mg a day, but i was a fool and only used it as a back up plan for when i couldnt get opiates. i was still doin 400-600 mg of oxy a day ( yes i could still get the real oc's where i am from) after a $400 nite i woke up the next morning fed up with wasting the last 5 yrs of my life so i made a decision n stuck with it. Went 24 hrs with no sub to wait til i felt like absolute shit then took 4 mg the following day, did this for 7 days and on the 8th morning i woke up and said hell with it and didnt take my sub. first three days were kinda rough, i didnt sleep at all, but the way i look at it now i am so glad i sacrificed 72 hrs to feel the way i do now. Most symptoms you just have to tell your mind that you have a severe cold or something. body aches n chills are not as bad as what some people describe so dont be intimidated!!!!! It is so possible you just have to get past the scared feeling!!! Talking on this forum has been an absolute blessing to me, it is amazing how much it helps just to talk and receive the overwhelming support everyone offers!!! People kept suggesting exercise when you feel like crap and i just didnt have the motivation to do so but i forced myself into it and it absolutely helps!! Best advice i can give is to stay positive even when you feel at your lowest, and just the simple feeling of not using makes you feel better every day!!! Best of luck to you know matter what you decide, i just wanted to share my story in hopes that it helps in some way!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

holy shit I cant believe you were able to stop at 4mg. makes me feel like a huge wuss. I am currently down to .028mg and still afraid to stop. Today i realized that i forgot to dose and went 36 hours without any and felt no w/d. once remembeed I didnt dose I started having slight watery eyes. just shows how much of this really is in your head. Anyway nice job man. How great is that first good day after coming off. Even though I didnt stop completely I am so low that I have had that feeling for the last 2 weeks. its so good right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:11 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Dude you ARE NOT a wuss!!! everyone is different. But no absolutely do NOT feel like a wuss! i was in a very bad spot and i was ready. You just have to want it down deep! But yes it is a great feeling to stop the opiates, and an even greater feeling to stop the subs!! Some suggest going a day or two between your weaning dose if you can, and try to taper down to an every other day or even every three. Just dont let your self take one just cuz you start to feel the slightest w/d, do some research on natural opiate detox and you can find some legal herbs from a health food store that will help. St. Johns Wort for mood, and Valerian Root if your havin the restless legs and cant sleep. I actually just found this out yesterday or i woulndt have waited til day 8 to buy them!!! Post anytime you need to talk, and i will try my best to keep encouraging thoughts and prayers coming your way. Keep you head up!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

newlife,

I think you hit the nail on the head with the comment about just having to be ready to quit. I took sub for 3 years and jumped off at 5mg and KNEW I would be successful because I KNEW I was ready to be done with it all. So, l i v i n, when you're ready.....you'll make the jump. Don't be afraid of the wd, it is what it is.

l i v i n, you asked about that first good day after coming off, I think you actually asked newlife, but what the hell, I'll respond too. My first good day was a while coming, but it was GREAT! One of my favorite parts of being off opiates is waking up in the morning and NOT having to reach for a pill. It feels so good to not be so heavily dependent on anything like that again. You are SO close, just keep moving forward, it'll all happen for you soon enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Newlife - Thanks for the advice dont know if Im going to do your tapering process :) but I have decided to jump at 1 mg. Yeah its going to suck but so did waking up everyday and the first thing that popped n my mind was how many I got left or who had because I was almost out (20 left ). It consumed my every thought and action. There is no other choice for me I will win this battle, and its a battle that will never end..... so I guess I will never completley win but, I will always be kicking its ass. I'm grateful for another day of recovery and very very grateful for this site.