It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone! My name is Jennifer. I am 28 years old and have struggling with opiate addiction for 10 years. The other day I had a breakdown. This has happened before but I feel like this one was a little different. I feel ready. Ready to free myself of this burden of constantly needing needing needing pills in my life. I Dont have insurance but I do have access to Suboxone. I decided I would get some strips and administer them myself to try and stay clean. Today is day one. The last time I took a percocet was about 10 last night. This morning I took 4mg of suboxone but didnt feel any better...jsut mild withdrawals. I have done some research and I heard that you should start low and then increase 2mg each hour till your free of your withdrawal sysmptoms and cravings. But now I am just really really tired and fee like I am going to go to sleep right here at work! I have taken suboxone in the past. I took 2mg a few months ago and it gave me a little buzz...not like one I have had before. And thats not why I am taking suboxone now, but i just want to know if I have done something wrong or anything like that. Can anyone give me any advice or ideas with administering this myself? I also plan on writing on here everyday. I need some type of support while I go through this and I am hoping to find some friends on here that can help me. I look forward to meeting new people, hearing success stories, and sharing mine. :) Thanks for Reading this post guys.

XoXoXo Jennifer :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I could be wrong, and other will post more accurate information if I am, but here is what I feel may be going on.

You're tolerance is higher now than the last time you took subs... And high enough, that 4MG of Sub is not a match for the amount of Percs you've been taking. The reason you are still feeling mild WDs is because even with the Subs "tickling" your receptors, it's still not as much stimulation that you're used to. IF you can, slowly take 1-2MG per hour, until you feel "normal". If you don't ahve much sub or you're trying to conserve, then just stay steady and you'll have to deal with the mild WDs until your tolerance falls, usually around 3 days. Just know that the mild WDs you are feeling now are NOTHING to full blown WDs.... Maybe that will help a bit.. You wouldn't be at work with full blown WDs. I know that's not much, but it may be enough to get you stabilized.

Let us know how you're doing. I promise you, you came to the right place for some support.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Jennifer and welcome to the forum!

Reprieve said it perfectly! Depending on how high your dosage of Percs has been, you most likely need more Suboxone to stop the withdrawals. Can you share how much of the Percs you have been taking so we can better help figure this out?

If your Perc dose was high enough, then you might want to take the advice Reprieve gave you and try taking smaller doses of sub until you become stable. It probably won't take much, but again it depends on your use of the Percs. You mentioned using for 10 years, That's quite some time, so your tolerance would be quite high as Reprieve said. It will probably take more sub to overcome it.

Let us know your dose, and what you think about taking more. Do you have more sub available if needed?

Karen