It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

The anxiety is killing me at this point and I am on day six :( I want to take a crumb but afarid that it will just set me back, should I just push though this and go into day seven or what. I am also 34weeks perggo so what if the baby is feeling this anxiety. It has come and gone all day long and I am not sure I can hold out, I need some peace but don't want to go backwards. I don't want to take it but what else am I to do, I don't want my baby to go through withdrawel and I don't want to be in pain during my c-section. I am so tired and weak also, pleas words of wisdom some one who has been there help me please :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:23 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

my two year old is getting on my nervos, how am I going to do this, I am so fucking sad and lonely and this is killing me and I got my baby inside, how am I am going to deal with taking care of the baby, will this anxiety last thirty days?? I don't want to be on subutex, I don't want to, I don't want to be on any of the stuff, so I am suffering on this day six at this four o clock hour, please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not being able to share the experience of carrying a baby and going through this I dont know if you will take my advice but I think it will help. You need to get out of your house and do something that wears you out, some sort of exercise just anything to get your mind off things and to help you relax. I know this sounds dumb and is out of context but while my friend went to jail he had to go through wd's cold turkey and for the fact that he knew he could not do anything about them he said that made it a lot easier for him. He said if he would have gone through the same thing will he was on the outside he would have gone nuts but just for the simple fact he could not do anything made it 100Times easier. I hope you can find something that helps get you through these hard times the only thing that I can suggest is just do anything you can to get your mind free and clear! Best of luck to you!!!

~Joseph

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:40 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

now it is six thirty, i am doing much better. The night will be ok because I take seroquel for my bipolar so I can sleep!! So nite time is ok and the RLS has gone, which only lastest a short while thank god. I think I will try to wake at 6am and walk for 20 min before I got to work. That is going to be hard though, usually i wake up in the morning with so much anxiety that I don't know what to do :( that is like the only thing I am dealing with. For some odd reason my engery came back this evening, I don't feel as weighted down. So one good thing, my body doesn't feel so weighted down. I did manage to get a walk in. I guess I am just asking when does the anxiety leave? There is not much that I can take while preggo!! I am 34 weeks and will be 35 on Tuesday. I have my C-Section on May 11th, so by then I will be 30days clean.

I just want to know how long does the anxiety leave. I got 45 suboxone pills, 9 subutex pills, and a scrpit for 63 subutex pills that I can fill. I have super good insurance and I pay only thirty dollars for my script no matter how many pills are in there and only pay 33 dallors for my office visit. So most don't have this right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad to see you are seemingly doing a little bit better. I left a pretty long reply on one of your other posts. It looks like you've got multiple threads running here which makes it difficult to keep everything together. But if you check your "Day 5" thread there may be some additional information for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:37 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

sorry, i will stick with this post :( I didn't mean to confuse everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:54 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Today is day seven, wow - I still have anxiety and it really sucks - that is like the only thing I got and some tiredness. If I took a crumb would that set me back ??? I don't want to do it be the stress is killing me. I am so worried about the baby to but I don't want to take anything. I have come this far why trun back now. Some one please tell me when the anxiety leaves after you stop subutex??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble. Unfortunately, no one can tell you definitively when the anxiety will pass. Everyone is different and has a different drug history. There's just no way to know. You might want to try some meditation. I know it sounds cliche' and in the beginning I thought it was a bunch of hooey myself, but it really does work. I've actually lowered my blood pressure doing meditation. I posted a step-by-step how-to under "Chronic pain", perhaps if you give it a try you might be able to get some relief. Hang in there and take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:27 am 
Hi Kris, I haven't been through this myself, but I just wanted to let you know that there are people here and we care about what you're going through. Is your doctor's office of any help? It sounds like they are taking you off Subutex but keeping you on Seroquil. I know that some folks coming off of opiates have gotten a lot of relief from clonidine, but I dont know if you can take that when you are pregnant. Don't hesitate to call and tell them you awful you are feeling.
It sounds like you are alone. Can you get to a meeting, a counselor or supportive friend? I know when I'm alone I just focus on how badly, I'm feeling - It helps to be with someone else. I will pray for you and your baby, You will get through this.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I didn't even tell my sub dr that I was going off of it. I am going to call him today and make an appt. Yes I can take the BP med because it is a Class C. Maybe he can give me something to help with the anxiety. The only dr that knows I stopped is my shirnk. But lately he hasn't been much help because I keep calling him and he never calls me back :( I called a new one today to see if I could see someone else. The anxiety is intense at times and then not. It is hard to work, take care of my two year, and be preggo at the same time. I just thought by day seven the anxiety would have left :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 pm 
Hopefully your Sub doctor will be of help and support you. As far as the day 7 thing goes, a lot of websites say Sub has a 36 hour half life, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Junig said it has a 72 hour half life. It takes a long, long time to totally leave your system. So I don't think it's unusual to not feel good at this point. I know the pros & cons of staying on Sub while pregnant were discussed in another thread, and I don't know the answer to that. But maybe your Sub doctor will recommend you staying on a really low dose, like 1mg/day to keep you stable. I know you don't want to be on anything while pregnant, but you have to be OK to take care of the newborn as well as your other little one. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted.
Lilly

Post subject: Lilly
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:16 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I ended up taking a crumb because of the intense anxiety, my belly was very tight and getting tighter, so I maybe took .5 or it may have even been .25 - which ever it work and the anxiety left. So I will talk with him and he may say 1mg like you said, i feel like I have failed after coming seven days but i was getting scared so I had to take it, I mean I was very scared, I had to calm down and now I am and I feel normal just off that little tiny bit. Now I feel like I set myself back and failed every one here, i feel like I failed my baby :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:32 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi kris1234,
I am no Dr. and certainly can't comment on pregnancy (49 Y.O. male) lol, But I think you did the right thing for your Baby.... I would definitely check with your Dr. but the stress that was being put on you and your Baby was to much if you ask me... Please don't get down on yourself and think you let your Baby down be proud of the extra measures you have to take to make sure everything is OK!!! I'm sure what you are going through is NOT easy But, Hang in there and you and your Baby will be fine!! Best of Luck for you & your Family. Keep up the good work.,....

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm 
Kris,
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am going to tell you again basically the same thing I've told you on your other threads. You really, really, really should not be doing any of this without your doctors knowing what you're up to. You are third trimester pregnant and you just have no business playing around with your meds unsupervised. I'm not going to repeat the exact same cautions I've already given you, but you might want to go back and reread them.
In addition to those cautions, I need to add another one: You mentioned that you could take the B/P med safely because of it's status of being safe in pregnancy. The fact that it's 'safe' doesn't mean that it's okay for just anyone to take it. It's safe if it's taken by women with high blood pressure. But in a woman with normal or possibly a little lower than normal blood pressure, taking this med could cause problems. Without going into a bunch of the physiology of pregnancy, suffice it to say that Mom's B/P is a critical issue when it comes to the pregnancy. Your B/P, in large part, is responsible for blood flow through the placenta and to your baby. If your blood pressure is too low, you can get into trouble with your oxygen levels dropping, causing you to feel poorly or to actually pass out. Obviously that would not be good for the baby. It's critical that baby gets all the blood flow and oxygen he/she needs right now. There are just a number of things that could be potentially dangerous for you at this time.
I truly think you did the right thing to take a little bit of Suboxone. I believe the risk of doing that is way less than some of the other risks you're running by stopping it cold-turkey. If you're only taking around 0.5 to 1 mg every day or two, I just cannot think your baby will have NAS or that you'll be in big trouble with pain control for your C/S and afterwards. I really think your dose will have been low enough for long enough to avoid problems.
HOWEVER....I am not a doctor or an expert and I have not (thank God) gone through exactly what you're going through. I feel terrible for you....you're in a tough spot and struggling to do what's best. Just please talk this over with your OB and your Subox doc before proceeding further or taking any other meds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:34 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks you guys, this is hard for me. I just don't have a long history of pain pill abuse or subutex use. I guess I though I could just jump right off and if it wasn't for the baby I wouldn't have took that .5mg, I was just getting really bad with the anxiety and I just didn't think that was healthy for her