It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's been a long ten years but here I am. Day 6 clean and still going strong. It all started with a back injury years ago. I started on pain meds and so began the roller coaster. I'm not going to go into great details. I started subs about 2 years ago and took the jump after tapering down to 1 milligram. All I know is that for me it has not been all that bad . Suboxone saved my life.
Day 1
The chills are almost unbearable. I have to rock myself to sleep. I find that my brain is not thinking a lot about the drug because I have removed myself from being able to get it. So that is not an option. All I can focus on is the physical WD. sleep was ok.

Day 2
Went to work as I did on day one . People are bothering me and I'm angry at the world. By noon I was exhausted and slept on my lunch. Finished the day and by then my legs hurt really bad. Came home and took a hot bath slet from 6-8. Back to
sleep at 3 am to 5 am.

Day 3
Woke up went to work and made it the whole day but was tired . If I could sleep I feel I would be ok. I got home and ate a great dinner. I have a strong appetite. Slept about 3 hours.

Days 4 & 5. Made it to work on day 4 for a half day AMD took a vacation day on Friday so I could rest. I forced myself to walk and it worked my legs feel great and WD is minimal .

Day 6
It is now 7:10 am. Went to sleep at 8 and slept till 3 am. That's 7 hours and I will take that. I feel slow and lazy but I am going to force myself to take a walk and a hot bath to help with the RLS. By now I am smelling things I have not for years. Flowers , rain , trees, freash air. It's amazing . No turning back now. Everyday is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tjs79,

Welcome to the forum!!

Congratulations on 6 days off Suboxone!!

The lack of motivation that comes with getting off Suboxone is a real pain in the ass, but it looks like you already know what to do.....force yourself to get up and do stuff. A good friend of mine used to tell me to "fake it until I make it" and that's just what I did.

I hope you get some sleep tonight and I hope you feel at least a little bit better tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 6 day and eveing
With the suppot of my wife she made me go to the grocery. I could not go outside and walk due to the rain. So I went . We walk a few times around the grocery . It helped my legs a lot I was glad I went in the end. Got home and sat on the couch for about an hour and then the rain had stop, ped. So I got my a@# off the couch and walked a good two miles with my daughter and the skipped rocks at the creek. I could now smell the rushing water. The light from the sun is so intense and I am beginning to hear sounds of nature that I must never had paid any attention to before. I watched my daughter at the creek, as she laughed and jumped around it made me realize the real reason I took the jump. Not only for myself but for the most important, my family.
I did the dishes tonight due to the fact I have not helped around the house at all for a week. I am now comming to terms with this on going roller coaster ride. I feel ok and my thoughts are together. The physical withdrawals are subsiding. It has became easier to be around my children and wife as they are bringing a sense of security to me. This has been a good day. Anyone willing to take the jump I say do it. It was not easy at first but if you can push you will be successful at this just as you would with anything in your life.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo
Thanks so much. I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to post. My feeling of anger has ended today but may return tomorrow. Thing are becoming a lot clearer now. I ignore the horror posts and stick to the more positive posts on this forum. I am forcing myself not to sleep until eleven . Maybe then I will be able to sleep tonight. Any suggestions? I also want to say thank you for the encouragement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can absolutely relate to smelling nature again and it feeling like so many things are brand new again.....I remember all of those experiences very clearly.....it's kind of amazing, isn't it? Oh yeah, have you been listening to music lately? Put on some music and see if it doesn't just floor you!!

Watch out for the anger. For a period of weeks during my wd, my anger would instantly go to RAGE and it scared the hell out of my daughter, my wife and me. Simple being aware that I didn't have as tight a grip on my horses as I wanted helped me to push through my rage periods. Your brain is going through a tremendous state of upheaval right now. It's trying its hardest to balance itself, but it goes a bit whacko at times.....be patient with it and yourself, it does get better, I promise!!!

As for sleep, I found Unisom (the one with Doxylamine Succinate) to be very effective. Apparently Doxylamine Succinate has the sedative strength of prescription meds, but without the prescription and without the addictive potential of most prescription sleep aids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey TJS,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner...I would have commented. It sounds like you are doing great! I love reading this kind of post because I am so close to taking the jump myself. It helps so much to see people who are succeeding!

So you think the worst of your physical WD is over? I am tapering now, I plan on going as low as my Doctor will let me. I'm currently at 1mg, been here for about a month. I think I'm going to stay here a little bit longer because I'm still kind of adjusting to this dose. I just recently switched from once daily dosing to split dosing and it seems to be better. I guess either way has it's drawbacks so I'm going to keep on with split doses until I see that it's not helping to hold me over.

It's an exciting and worrisome time, I'm sure you know what I mean. Thank you for posting your experience, it really is helpful to some of us out here... :D I hope you keep posting your progress!

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 7 am before work
I slept from 9-2 just to be woke up by my damn dog barking. Went out and had a smoke . They now taste like total shit but it keeps me occupied. I then laid in bed and my mind raced about having to get up for work and not having enough sleep. So I started to count from one and by the time I hit one hundred I was out. I then woke up at 6 am. That's a total of eight hours. I have a slight headache but no leg cramps this morning . I'm hungry . I will let you know this eveing how my day went.

Qhorse.
I believe you are ready but only you know for sure. Be strong and push and you will do just fine . Remember it takes time to heal. They physical side has become better only after 7 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 7 afternoon
I have worked from eight to noon and am now on my lunch. Legs are sore as hell due to the fact I walk about 5 miles aday at work. I guess that a good thing . My mental status is ok at this time and being social helps. I really don't think anyone knows at work because everyone has been sick around work with the flu. I hope no one knows. I was able to get a few things done this morning had to push push and push more. The exhaustion is hard to hide but I'm hanging in there . I will update more on my day this eveing .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo
I am listening to music and what a release from my racing emotions and my crawling skin. What have I been hiding in my shadow all these years? The sounds I hear from every slide of the guitar to the drums is amazing. All my senses are on extream overload and it is WONDERFUL. its all been taken from me for so many years that I can't think of turning back now. I am finding myself saying everyday will be one step closer to a better life . Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 7 eveing
I got home at 5:16 today after a long day at work . I praise myself for working all day even iif I worked slow . My job is very physical and demands a lot of energy and even though my legs hurt earlier there is no longer anY RLS. something great did happen today. I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED for about five minutes at work today. So anyways I'm at home and feel ok. This has to be one of the easiest eveing yet. I am social with my children and wife more then I have been in years. Tomorrow will be super .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:58 pm 

Great job! Every day you push through is an accomplishment! It must be wonderful to notice your senses coming alive. Keep up the good work!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, the music.....I couldn't believe how riduculously wonderful it sounded again.

Has the ol' sex drive fired back up again, yet? Get ready, it will!!!

I have to say, you're doing sensational for a week off Suboxone. You're pushing yourself to go to work, you're working your legs to get rid of the RLS and you LAUGHED yesterday!!! Fuckin' right!!! You are a warrior, Bud!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 8
I had a great day. Worked all day . Morning was tough but I have came to realize my sleep will not be normal fo awhile. But before I started pain killers I only slept about six hours a night. By midmorning I was going strong till 3 then I got tired. Came home to a good home cooked meal and now relaxing . I don't know if my legs hurt from walking so much or if its the WD.

Romeo,
I thank you for all the suppot my life is beginning to feel normal again and my sex drive has returned. I started seeing a counselor to help me get a handle on any possible depression or sociological problems that may persist even though I feel happy. I will not fall victim to this addiction rollercoaster again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 9
Today has been rough. Only due to the lack of sleep. Fuck it who needs sleep anyway waaay over rated lol. So I arrive at work take a deep breath from my shaking. I calm my nerves by beating my head on my steering wheel. I enter the building to my asshole boss riding everyone's ass and not only mine . He is on everyone's nerves with his fucking military mentality. As of today he can suck my Dick. Everyone on edge here and it does not make things any easier when we are all pissed.
Well on the lighter note I no longer have those endless chills from that little orange pill I use to call my master. I was a puppet on a string. I cut those strings 9 days ago and I'm proud. If I sound like I'm bragging I have to to keep from revisiting my master. FUCK HIM.
I feel better now that I have vented from this 10 year addiction.
I will not be defeated today, tomorrow or anyday from now on. I will hold my head high .
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ahhhh, it looks like the short temper has set in. LOL...I am not completely off yet and it has been giving me a time too. I was telling my husband the other day that I was feeling a little emotional. He looked at me and smiled and said "I can think of another word to describe it!" LOL...you have to laugh about it or else you won't make it huh? So the next morning I had changed our background on the computer to a picture I found that reads like this:

I am a lady, but when I'm mad I am an evil, devil spawnded b**ch from hell that'll make you wish you were never born...and when I'm happy I bake muffins and shit. :P

A little levity works wonders! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 10,
I feel great just a little tired due to the lack of sleep. My mind is free other then the normal everyday worries mainly my bills bit I can handle it. I really have no other worries.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Day 10 and you feel great? You lucky SOB!! :D

Keep rockin' it, tjs79!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:cry: hi its my first time here im ten days into subutex wd been on them a year was on methadone for five and before that h and crack and pills anything i could get really all in all sixteen years of this living he'll, I got through the pain now I just can't seem to get any energy at all feel like im 150 stone or something I just wish I had energy and ide be ok was even thinking a bit of wizz or something but im not that brave and anything that makes me rush is not good atall so do anyone no when you get energy back cause if anything would make me fail its this energy thing and just generally unwell feeling ... many thanks peeps

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When does it get easier
Will I ever get well
Is there such a thing as a fully recovered addict
Im yet to find one thats why I doubt my own recovery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys I'm a 28year old male and was on suboxon for 5 years! Tonight is the end of day 10 for me and WD are completely gone. I'm so happy to hear people are taking the steps to change their lives forever! The first week is the worst but at this point all I feel is some fatigue and RLS like everyone. I run around my apartment complex before bed and most the time that's not helping. Was just curious if anyone new any other remedies? I also get pretty light headed at times which I believe is normal. Is anyone else sneezing a lot because I'm not a sneezer and ill sneeze like 8 times in a row lol. I also cant get my body temperature normal, I'm always cold or sweating. Last but not least thanks to anyone who comments! Good luck everyone keep on keeping on we can all do this!