It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day one...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Today was the day. I decided to stop the viscous cycle of popping pain pills, finding more, getting sick.....my dr was really nice and informative. I was in withdrawals when I got to the clinic and desperate for change. I took my first dose today 8/2. I feel so much better but it's the constant feeling of "I need to take a pill" that I have to now focus on. Any ideas or thoughts on first days would be great.

Post subject: Re: Day one...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Catz
I have written, rewritten,pressed send about 11 times? Only to be met with a repeated "general error" msg.
I'm so sorry, I have spent almost an hour doing the above with no success. I am frustrated and disappointed because I wanted to respond to your concerns in a meaningful and prompt way.
Others may be experiencing the same difficulties, don't be disheartened,I will try again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks anyway lol I'm doing good except so sleepy. Also why do they say not to smoke a cig for about 15 mins after the sun dissolves?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:19 pm 

Hey Catz44, I just wanted to welcome you here to this great forum. Personallty, there are many miths when it comes to suboxone. To many to list here right now but one is the smoking story. While smoking is a bad habit at best, and i still partake, imo there is not an issue with smoking and the effect on sub dosing. It never has been to me anyway. One thing to never do is to eat or drink after you ve dosed for 20 mins to 30 mins. Some people go even louger. Also, start out with the driest mouth you can and right after the film has begun to melt begin useing your tounge to paint in inside of your intire mourh. This way you will have more of the med making contact to a larger area, there for increasing absorbtion.. just a couple of tips for you. I do hope you ll also take a look at Dr. Junigs Talkzone. Ypu will find it on the site page here. Such great true info there to read and learn. .welcome again Catz......Razor57

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi Catz

Welcome.

I would suggest just dosing once per day . This will help break the cycle of wanting to pop "something" every few hours.

And after you dose, i would try to stay active and occupied the rest of the day. Whether it is at work or working out or getting a hobby. As time goes on, you will get use to just taking one dose once per day.

But in the mean time, it not a bad idea to keep yourself busy.

Good luck !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey catz!
You may feel sleepy as you adjust to your dose. From day one I felt amazing on subs and its 4 yrs + and still the best decision I ever made. For the first week or two it can feel a bit weird adjusting to life without using. I felt a huge void, an uncertainty of how to fill my time but this passed quickly.
I made an effort to go to NA and counselling. I liked feeling a part of something, it was therapeutic to share my story and to receive encouragement from others. NA didn't suit me long term but it gave me what I needed to get past the most delicate stage in my transition.
Good on you for joining here, it is a great community!
This is my tip on dosing as suggested by DR J? Place the strip on your tongue and then press it on the inside of your cheek, proceed to paint the film around the area until dissolved. I actually do this and take a nap so no saliva builds up while on that angle and I often keep my mouth open.
Otherwise if it gets lost in saliva, your absorption rate is lower and possibly not consistent.
Keep posting catz!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:14 pm 

Hey Cats :)

When I first started sub I was ok as long as I was moving around, but if I sit still for a minute I was asleep lol. It's something that got better with time and now I'm good. Ur body just needs a little bit of time to adjust to the sub.

As far as smoking after u dose, I do and always have. They say to wait up to thirty minutes before smoking, eating or drinking, but I smoke afterwards and I can't tell anything. I definitely don't eat or drink directly after.

It's awesome that u decided to take sub, I can honestly say that it's saved my life and my life is 100% better because of it. U just need to give urself a little bit of time and you'll see for urself what a blessing this is. Good luck!!