It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So it's day 16 off the Subs. Oh Sub, you seriously rocked my world for a good 2 1/2 years. You were there when I needed you. I do feel an emptiness, I'm not going to lie. Today was the first day I was like, "What are you thinking getting off this?" But then I realized that I kick ass and can do this. This is nothing like stopping Methadone (At least so far).

Bottom line is I want more for myself and my family. I want to break the cycle of addiction and I don't want my kids to ever go through what I have had to go through.

The big unpleasant sideeffect of all of this is that I think my insulin pump is going to blow up because my sugars want to stay in the high 300's and my continous glucose monitor keeps reminding me every 5 minutes how high I am. So yes, I am high. Just not in the way you would think. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello okbyme,

how did u get off of it? Did u reduce? And if so, then how long were the steps?
I am on suboxone for 2 days again, after being 4 days with nothing and before that 1 week suboxone (12 to 4 mg). I was in a detox from oxycondone (70 mg).
What do u advise me to do? I want to get children, so I need the quickest way out of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Greetings won,

I was on sub for 2.5 years. I went from 16mgs to less than .1. I was probably taking around .025 at the end. For me, it was all about tapering down to the lowest amount possible over an extended period of time and making sure you stabilize at every level of your taper. It for sure can be done but jumping off at 4 mgs seems really high. Granted, everyone is different. It was also super important for me to build skills to handle life over those 2.5 years while on sub.

You can do this but it is different for every person.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the quick reply.
I really dont have any problems without taking anything, it is just the withdrawal that makes my scared. How many days should I stay on a level. Can I make it in a few weeks? Like reducing 0,1 mgevery 4 or 5 days?
Tomorrow I have a meeting with the docs, but I dont trust them after this expereince anymore ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It took me 6 months to get from 4 mgs a day and then to 2 mgs. After that, I made the doc perscribe me one less strip every 30 days until I had a 2 mg strip last me about 15-20 days. I was not bound and determined to get off of these things until about a month ago. I believe it has a big deal to do with determination and it seems you are determined. You probably can do the taper faster than I did if you are in the right mindset

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi okbyme,
I thought I would post on your thread. I am glad to here about how well you are doing. It made me smile when you talked about wanting more for yourself and your family. I understand that one completely. I do know, at least for myself, that I first needed to do this for me, hence, Justdoit4u. It seems if I take care of me, everything else falls in place or at least I can figure it out. Anyway congrats on 16 days man!!! You are doing great!