It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 5 off Subs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello! I'm new here. I was addicted to OxyContin & Percoset for 3 years and on suboxone and then subutex for 20 months. We were always on a very low dosage. Started at probably 2mg and tapered to .25-.5mg for a while. Probably a year. It's been hell getting off of it, but I'm on Day 5. I feel MUCH better than I did on Day 3. I don't really have the option of hanging around since I have a very active 17 month old. I took some Hydrocodone for the first 3.5 days, only 1 every 6 hours. 2 nights I took 2 at night, which I'm thankful for. Last night I only had a Tylenol 3 to help me out and it was HELL. Pure torture feeling like my bones wanted to crawl out of my body.
I'm here today for 2 purposes. Reading this forum and many others through Google helped me so much with this struggle. Yes, I think taking hydrocodone does prolong the withdrawal process. My husband has been off of them for 9 & a half days and feels just as badly as I do because he took Hydro for 6 days. MIND YOU, we got clean off of all pills and suboxone about 2 and a half years ago and this was a MUCH better experience. So while it may have prolonged it, it also helped take the edge off and helped us sleep so we at least weren't dead with work and our son. Though Day 3 for me I pretty much was in a coma all day, lol. So that's just going to have to be your decision. And everyone is different. For me, I'm on Day 5 and feel GREAT. I just had a horrible night and anyone, an addict or not, withdrawing or not, will be tired when they don't sleep all night.
Suboxone/Subutex allowed me to have my son and be free of pills and needing to smoke one every single morning. Okay, more like 4-6 every morning but c'mon, we all know what I mean. I'm glad for it and happy I had it. But this ladies & gents, is the downfall to all good things. Even caffeine is a bitch to kick. You need to suck it up.

As much as you want to kill me for saying so, GET OFF YOUR ASS. It helps so much! Yes you feel like jello and your body is a thousand pounds. But when I'm up and out of the house, I don't feel like I'm withdrawing. The process of getting there is difficult, but so worth it. Take a bath. Get out in the fresh air.
If you don't need to be anywhere or up at 8am, take NyQuil or ZzzQuil at night. It helped us just made us groggy for a couple of hours in the morning. Hylands Restful legs helps a little. B12 Vitamin & a multi vitamin as little as you believe me does work. 5mg and honestly no more Hydro or 50mg Tramadol works a little. In very small amounts if it will not hinder your addiction problem. Lots and lots of water. Tell your family an friends you have the flu and do anything possible to not think about it. Go for a drive, listen to your music, anything that gets you out of bed not watching that television.

Hope I helped. Ill let you all know how Night 5, Day & Night 6 and etc go. I'm hoping the restless legs are almost over but I doubt it.

Oh, that was my next thing. Those of you past my Day 5, can you shed some light on when the nights get easier?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:34 pm 

Thanks for sharing your experience, Musiclover! Your advice sounds spot on. I'm sure it's really difficult to get up out of bed when you're not feeling so good, but I'm sure that being busy is a great way to forget about withdrawal symptoms for a while. It's awesome that you and your husband have each other for support!

Enjoy that baby boy!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I recommend you ask your doc from some clonidine to help with RLS, it's great for WD. Also, I would say an anxiety med would help but you seem to be doing pretty well without. I agree getting out and doing things is always a huge help, but of course easier said than done. I haven't had to kick subs yet but I hope I do as well as you are doing. I've always thought taking a short-acting opiate like hydro or something would help with bupe w/d so it's not so long and drawn out, but I probably wouldn't be able to control myself. And I hear all kinds of talk about it, but have yet to see someone successfully quit doing that. Hopefully you will, good luck.