It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, im going through day 3 off of subs, i jumped from 1.5 mg. I know its high but I just wanted to get it done. Im going on 60 hrs without anything right now and the physical withdraw isnt that bad besides the lethargy. the worst of it is the depression and my mind rationalizing getting back on them. is there anyone who jumped from a higher dose like me who can give me some encouragement, or anyone who can give me encouragement at all? i just want to make it past the worst of this so I can get better. also if you jumped from a higher dose what day did you start to feel a little better? god bless you all and thanks for the help.

btw im 23 yrs old

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Maryland- At day three the work is just getting started. It can get tough but with determination and a strong will to quit you can ride it out. Just remember that eventually it gets better and than you can look back and say I made it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Maryland!!

Well, I jumped from 5mg and it was pretty nasty. By day 3 I was sucking pavement hard!! My acute wd peaked on day 10. It was mostly the lack of sleep that broke me. The first week, I was only getting about 20 minutes of sleep per night.

Are you sleeping at all?? Do you have any comfort meds?? I would HIGHLY recommend you ask your doctor for some Clonidine. It's a blood pressure medication that calms the sympathetic nervous system. During wd, your nervous system is going absoletely banana's and the Clonidine helps a LOT with calming it down. Please, try and get some Clonidine if you can. I took .1mg twice daily. Yeah, .1mg is right.

Listen, Suboxone wd is NOT as intense as regular opiate wd, it does last longer though. 1.5mg is not too bad a dose to jump from, it's a little on the high side, but not terribly high.

Keep posting, stay as active as you can. If you can keep your mind busy, it helps a lot. If you can get out and walk, that would be fantastic too!!

Hang in there, it will get better, it just takes some time.

Again, post away!! Ask any questions you want. Scream and shout if you want. You do whatever makes this easier on you, OK?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Day 2 for me
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrads brotha, you are a day ahead of me. This forum helps a ton. I found that poppin 3 advil in the morning took away some of the mild dicomfort that I was experiencing. I jumped from 1.0 mg a day. I'm on my 2nd day and it isnt really that bad yet, I was expecting a lot worse. Can you give me any tips of the days ahead? It will help me a lot. Thanks again. Lets beat this.

Signed,

Just a guy that wants his life back

Post subject: hang in there
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Romeo im on day 17 now and i feel great, i sleep 8 hours a night already and im getting more energy every day, i dont even really take my clonidine anymore, it blows my mind that i feel this great this fast...i was on subs for 3 years!

Wankster- i will tell you one thing that helped me through it but its not for everyone so dont judge me, wait till about day 11 or day 12 and start smoking high grade marijuana, especially if you have access to medicinal quality, specifically an indica dominant strain, it helps your stomach and sleep and gets rid of the anxiety and depression, but like i said not the first week or it will just make wd worse, hang in there you'll be feelin great soon!!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks. Maybe I'll do that. Good job, I envy you so much you have now idea. Keep up the good work. I'm just tryin to get through the day! I'm hopin not to feel as bad tomorrow cause I want to spend sum quality time with my little girls for father's day. I got my fingers crossed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Maryland,

CONGRATULATIONS on 17 days!!!!! You Rock!!

You're on day 17 and you feel great AND you're sleeping 8 hours per night.......lucky dog!! :D Dang, I was still trying to scrape myself off the pavement at 17 days, I can't tell you how happy I am for you and that your wd is minimal!!

A big part of why I joined this forum was to warn people that jumping off high doses of Suboxone could be a brutal assault on the sense's, another reason I joined was that if I did run across anyone who jumped from a high dose (or any dose and they were experiencing wd), I could do my part to help walk them through their wd. You seem to be doing wonderful though and for that I am truly happy!!

I'm curious, are you going to start doing any recovery work?? Attending NA/AA/Smart Recovery? I made it 10 months on will power alone, then the bottom kind of fell out. I realized that I needed to pay more attention to my recovery and I started attending NA here a few weeks ago. I really enjoy it!! I'm making new friends, friends who understand me and my addiction.

Anyway, good to hear from you again!!

Post subject: day 19
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

romeo-thanks! yea im psyched about tomorrow being 20 days! im going to the beach on the 23rd and am really excited about it..and yes i attended 14 na meetings in the first 12 days but now i go as needed. It's nice to know meetings are there if you ever have a bad day. i get more energy every day and it feels like i was on subs a long time ago...thanks for checking in and encouraging me throughout my whole experience

Post subject: Re: day 19
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maryland410 wrote:
romeo-thanks! yea im psyched about tomorrow being 20 days! im going to the beach on the 23rd and am really excited about it..and yes i attended 14 na meetings in the first 12 days but now i go as needed. It's nice to know meetings are there if you ever have a bad day. i get more energy every day and it feels like i was on subs a long time ago...thanks for checking in and encouraging me throughout my whole experience

I'm thrilled for you that you already feel better!! WOW! I has taken me so long to go from 1.5 to .5, and here you are only 20 days after jumping and feeling pretty good. Once again, I'm questioning the intelligence of tapering.... :?

It's funny that you stressed the weed so much. My friend jumped from 1 mg a few months back and that's how she got through it. She stayed stoned, although it seemed like the w/d kinda absorbed some of the effects, to where she wasn't all that stoned, even if she smoked or ate a lot. She has her medical marijuana card, and she was all about the Indica specifically. I guess my opinion on that, after experiencing myself how tough it is to get off of Suboxone, is if it works, then it's worth it. 100% worth it. I wish my Sub doc didn't UA me!!! Bastard.....

laddertipper