It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what to advise about the issues you are having. It's possible I guess that you would still be having GI issues, but I think there could be something else going on. What is your diet like? Do you always have GI issues regardless of what you eat? I had some lingering GI issues and finally figured out that I had some food intolerances (dairy, wheat) and once I took those foods out of my diet everything was fine. I think being on opiates and Sub all those years just masked the problem and once I was off everything I noticed that all was not well with my digestive system.

As far as waking up to urinate, that could just be getting older, or maybe you're drinking a lot of fluids?

If I were you I would talk to a doctor and just make sure that you're healthy. And maybe some other members will chime in with advice or experience. Good luck!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's my understanding that our stomachs or intestines have "opiate receptors" too. So, it stands to reason that when we get off opiates, our guts are gonna go nuts.

I had stomach issues the minute I got off Suboxone and they lasted a LONG time. I tried Lactaid (for lactose intolerance) and it seemed to help a bit, but it didn't eliminate my issues. I tried a gluten free diet for a while, things seemed to get better, but never really went away. So, I (my wife...LOL) finally made me an appointment with a gastroenterologist and of course, the first thing he wanted to do was stick a video camera up my ass. *sigh*, I was so desperate for relief, I let him do it. He said everything looked fine up there in the nether regions, which was actually a relief.

He ended up telling me I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome and that I was to eat more fiber. He also said that they don't know why, but anxiety will trigger IBS. So, I've been taking a Metamucil capsule before each meal and trying to do better with my anxiety. Since increasing my fiber (almost 3 weeks ago), I've only had one episode and I'm pretty sure it was what I ate that night that did it.

As for the urination, I can't help you there?

Good luck and I hope you get things figured out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jumping off at 16-24 mg you probably had a lot of Sub stacked up in your system. It probably took 30 days just to get it all out of your body. So really your digestive tract has only had about 30 days to get back to normal. Dr. J just posted about Sub WD on his blog. He said that it takes 8-12 weeks for your opiate receptors to regenerate after WD. Since you have opiate receptors in your gut, too, you might have another month to go before you feel totally normal. I would say, just give it more time.
Good luck,
Lilly