It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Guys,

Well is day 14 after jumping off 4mg daily and OMG, what a nightmare, I honestly thought maybe a week of pain and things would get better but 11 - 14 is the worst so far, is now just like the flu but the constant dioreia and hardly the energy to shower, eat or dress, cant sleep, work, just lay around feeling like a corpse, is making this seem like the torment will never end. I used blood presure and Valium for the first week and ran out, so just suffered through the second, today I could stand no more and after returning from docs have just been subscribed xanax. Doc said be careful as is very addictive, not like valium which I can hardley notice when taking up to 20mg at a time.

I guess my question is there any body on here with experience with xanax?

I really dont want to swap 1 addiction for another, just want to get off opioid addiction forever and if xanax helps hopefully it wont be to much of a issue?

Does suboxone and xanax work on the receptors eg am I just swapping out problems s here? eg after 50 xanax will it be like coming of opiods all over again?

By the way just to say I introduced myself on this forum the other day and it was so good to get some kind and supportive people who are selfless enough to take the time to help me through this, some good advice and in a way restores my faith in humanity as basically we are all basically judged by society as " drug addicts" but the commonality of what we are / have been through obviously brings out the best in people.

My major learning experience after using for a few years was dont judge anybody, it only takes a small error of judgement to end up here...

Hope can return the advice if can get through this but 1 thing, DONT JUMP OF 4MG, I had no choice, but Taper people, dont be a hero, this shit is just to nasty to let go without weeks of torment, it will make you suffer :)

Post subject: Xanax
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 pm 

Hi Mike40,

Using Xanax properly may help somewhat. It'll take the edge off and help you sleep. The medication is meant for anxiety and is very strong in small doses. If you think that you can take them w/o abusing them then you shouldn't have a problem. It really depends on how much you are taking per day. The strongest pill is 2mgs and that is a lot. Most Doctors start you on .50 and say take one or two per day. I would suggest only taking it at night and skip the daytime dose so your body doesn't develop a dependency on it.

I've taken it just like I stated above and had no problem stopping after 2-3 weeks. A couple of nights it was hard to get to sleep but it passed w/o any ill effects.

All I can say is be careful. Withdrawing from Xanax is not only one of the worst drugs to stop, but also very dangerous and should be done under a doctors care.

Rule