It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I went 9 days cold turkey from pretty high dose 4-6mg but last night I had restless arms syndrome Idk why I don't get it in my legs but it was so bad I couldn't take it so I took 2 hydro 10's.. Is this gonna make my withdrawal even worse now? Im gonna try not to do it again. They def made me fall asleep tho but I feel like a gave in.. answers?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just did the same thing, friend. I was feeling crappy, took a Vicodin for some short-term relief. Next day, two Vicodin, then spent $200 in four days on painkillers. Now I'm back on the Suboxone. Thank God I caught it quick. Its playing with fire.....my opinion. Best of luck.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your symptoms will come back and you'll be right back where you started. Faced with the same decision; do I push through this soul sucking withdrawal or choose the easy, tried and true quick fix? Except this time, you've already opened the door the latter, so it will be that much harder to choose to stick it out.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is, taking short acting opiates doesn't get you anywhere and only adds fuel to your addiction fire.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Maybe jumping from that high of a dose was a mistake. Do you have to option of getting back on Subs, then using a better taper program so that you are jumping from .5-1 MG? I think the RLS will be a bit easier (although you will have to go a bit dealing with this, this is just the nature of the beast we all became). I agree with the others, but it's not the end of the world. IT was a small relapse, but it was a relapse.

I, myself, have found it easier to fall back on that crutch and put off "getting clean" until tomorrow, because "I just want some rest, just a little". If you are serious about stopping all opiate use, then the answer is: YES, you are just prolonging the inevitable by taking the Hydros. You are just going to have to push through and try to keep in mind that it WILL start to get better. IT won't be overnight and it won't be in a week, but it will start getting better day by day.

IF you feel that it's too much discomfort, I urge you to get back onto Subs before you end up turning to the other opiates. Get on a taper plan that will get you to a lower dosage before jumping.

Last edited by Reprieve on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

this is why this addiction is so damn tough...we already know(its been burned into our brains) that we can end all the misery of withdrawl by taking some pills. and just like reprieve said, i think a lot of us unintentionally have that mindset hidden in the back of our minds : "if i can just feel better for today and get some good rest, then tomorrow i can start going through it."

but like reprieve also said, its not the end of the world. it could be a lesson that catapults you forward...or maybe going back on suboxone would be fitting...its all up to you...God bless

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:56 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Today is day 8 for me....no subs.....im starting to feel better finally. Ive had more energy today than the past 8 days....im wondering what tomorrow has in store for me...any thoughts.