It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: day 4 off suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Its day 4 for me off suboxone after a year of taking it. Its 5 in the morning. The only time i feel comfortable at night is in the tub. I havent slept in 3 nights and have tried going for walks during the day. Nothing seems to help. Ive been having the worse rls tonight than any other night and its driving me nuts. I feel so tired but the rls is keeping me up and wanting to go crazy!! I just wish these days will pass and for the rls to go away. In about an hour the sun will be up and ill be going for another walk to try to get my mind off how i feel. I just want to be able to sleep again!!

Post subject: Re: day 4 off suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi sunbreeze,

Welcome to the forum!!

What dose did you jump from?

If you jumped from a decently high dose, you're more than likely looking at several more nights of shit sleep. If you jumped from a low dose, your sleep should improve fairly shortly.

Hang tough, it does get better, it just takes time.

Post subject: Re: day 4 off suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome!! This is my second time doing this & after all of the hours of reading, Romeo is right. Last time I had been on suboxone for 20 months & it was hell to come off of. BUT I did take Vicodin every 6 hours for the first 4 days, which is very possibly a factor in that hell. What I'm getting at is it seems to me the worst of the RLS lasts only a few days. You may have restless sleep for a week to 10 days, but not the achy absolutely can't sleep wanting to scream feeling.

With that said, Romeo is right about what you came off of. If it was 1mg or lower, you're looking at it being over very shortly. If it was 2mg or more, you may be looking at 14-21 days. Not with RLS, just WD in general. Though everyone is different!!

The best thing to do is stay busy. Go hang out with friends or family. Even if you're just hanging out at their house laughing. The funniest friends are the best remedy for WD. Also music and sunshine. Anything that makes you happy, laugh, even cry. Emotions are great right now.

Have you tried anything for sleep? Magnesium at night is proven to help with RLS in general, not completely but quite a bit. Melatonin, sleepy time tea, or if you can get prescribed something like a muscle relaxant.

Hang in there! It will get better. Keep us updated!