It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 4 off suboxone
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, this is my 3rd time comming off suboxone in 5 months. When I say 3rd time I mean going directly back to suboxone not using opiate's. Due to not being able to tolerate the wd from sub. I am not going to tell all of you guys my war stories but I was a fentanyl patches and and oxy IR for breakthrough pain. None the less the last year of taking Opiates I have been abusing off the chart. When I showed up in the E.R in w/d. I got a 10 mg of metha done and told to go see a suboxone dr on monday morning and was told to be in a little withdrawl. I did that and felt like my life was back to normal and that I was going to get to take the subs for 3 months and when that was done with the subs no w/d feelings. The first time I stopped the end of second day was hell. I am not going to say what dose I stopped at cuz I am not a doctor I don't want someone to follow and fail due to my words. I trie3d stopping at too high of a dose. My doctor knew this. I made a post on this site totally bashing the subs and got a how do I say " A firm educated response". From Dr.J. After talking with him I understood and researched for myself and found out that I might not have the right sub doctor for me. My doctor said " I don't prescribe suboxone for more than 6 months. LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! story short. I am on day 6 of no suboxone. I am finally feeling somewhat better and feel some hope. I would have stayed on the subs a little longer if I could afford it but I can not. For me the key is take it SLOW, skiping a day between doses, but most of all support , meaning 12 step programs, good non using friends, and last knowing at the end of suboxone knowing that it took a long time to get here and my body is not going be normal overnight. Yes I felt like hell for 5 days but then started to get a lil bit better each day. I have done my research ever since tried to stop the subs the first time. Not judging anyone but I noticed most people who bashed suboxone either did not know anything about suboxone, sometimes a person that got em off the street, or people who were always back and forth between opiates and and suboxone. Good luck to all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Corman,
I just wanted to pop in and say "Congrats!" on your recovery. You said some really cool things. Personally, I've been on Subox since December and will likely be on it long-term (my own reasons). It sounds like you've got your support system in place and that is SO important.
Take care!
Melissa