It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: at day 8 off suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It began 4.5 yrs ago ...was developing weird pains in my low back, legs and feet. My fam doc put me on lortabs and all was well for a month or so then you know how it goes...the dr kept giving me more drugs as the pain grew worse and my tolerance grew...he finally sent me to a pain clinic ...put on dilaudid #4...THEY JUST MADE ME WANT MORE AND MORE AS DID MORPHINE,OXYS, etc the dr tried em all then he put me on 40mgs methadone daily (4 x 10 ) finally something worked and for 3.5 yrs I never had a need to increase dose. One year into this I started researching my pain. On my next dr visit I asked doc if I might be diabetic...he said he didn't think so but had a nurse do a blood glucose test and I knew something was wrong when she ran out of the room and yelled for doc...my blood sugar was so high it would not even register on the test! To get to the point doc had been treating me for a LOOONG time for everything BUT my real condition...diabetes! BAD DIABETES...it had gotten so bad I started laughing when a hosp nurse would come in and do the sugar test...invariably they would turn white and tell me I should be in a coma even tho I never felt bad at all at that point except for the pain. During this time the diabetes had destroyed the nerves in my feet and legs and it was slowly working up.While finally treating me for the diabetes I stayed on methadone and both doc and the pain doc said I would have to be on it for life...that was ok...it was cheap and easy to use and didn't make me want more than my reg dose. Then I was fired from the pain clinic for refusing a spinal block ( had 3 previously and they did not work...I am self pay so at $700 a pop no way!) Went to my fam dr and after begging he put me back on methadone ( after ending up in violent wds and being taken to the er.)So all was ok we....still could not regulate my blood sugar ( to this day it is still crazy high) then a month ago I got a certified letter from my fam dr saying he would no longer provide me with medical services at all and gave NO REASON....he would not answer my calls...his nurse finally told me that he did not want to deal with long term narcotics patients any longer because the DEA was messing with him...A lie...I have other friends and relatives who still get narcs from him regularly\
Well this is a small town and there was not one other dr who would prescribe any methadone...and we checked them ALL!
Tried the new methadone clinic and they said I had to have heroin or oxys in my blood or no acceptance...I was screwed and in a panic. I had just had a close friend who kicked a bad heroin habit with suboxone. He heard about my problem and showed up at my home with 58 subs 8.2s I was almost out of methadone but I really did my research on BUPE! I went into violent wds and gave up...I took the first suboxone...one whole pill...waited and hour w/ no effect so I took one more for a total of 16 mgs of sub...20 minutes later it was as if I had been reborn to a different world My withdrawals were 100% GONE!!!!! I felt like superman...not euphoria...not high...just a return to life! I had been at the point of eating the barrel of my .44mag...suboxone DID save my life!

Now I know I am gonna get beat up for doing the subs without a doctor, but I had no dr! There are only 2 sub drs in my area and they are both booked for 6 months plus! My doc refused to even give me a referral to them so what choice did I have ...It has been 5 days now and I have already started a taper ( due to one kind doc out of state who actually talked to me on the phone for over an HOUR!!! too bad he is 2,000 miles away!) He strongly suggested that I start tapering almost immediately after I start the subs and that is what I did...started at 2 8mgs a day in the am and one in the evening...2 days later I started 1.5 pills in the am and 1/2 pill in the early evening ( take it too late and I can't sleep ) in 2 days it will be one pill in the am...1/4 at night. I seem to be doing fine. I still have severe pin but its real pain not withdrawal pain...I have not had one second of wds and the kind doc said that with the amount of pills I posess I probably will have little or no sub wds but his concern is that this amonut of sub will not completely get me off the methadone. CAN I get some opinions> I feel good but I am terrified!
Thanks to Brian for suggesting this site...he found me on another (sub hater) site and that site SUCKED. Thanks in advance for all your help...Painted Angel
NOTE:

This post was copied from the INDUCTION section of this forum. since I am now days into my taper I thought it best to transfer to this section ...is that cool? Original post is in the "introduction section under NEWBIE if ya wanna check my previous posts and daily progress..Thanks all!

Post subject: Nobody?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ahh well I guess everyone is busy tonight so I guess I will hit the hay...All is still well on day 8 ...I'm looking forward to day 9 off of methadone and down to 1/4 of a suboxone! Peace and comfort to all!

Post subject: wrong?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Am I doing something wrong here ...no replies in over 24 hours...WOW!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Weird, I could swear that I posted a reply in this thread....and I think there were a couple of others too, maybe I'm mixing this thread up with another one.....

Has this thread been edited? Anyone?

Post subject: post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes Junkie you posted when this was in the introduction sectio...I was told I should move it to the quitting sub section...oh well does not effect me ...day 9 and I am still dandy on 2mgs sub...see ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Right. I think it would be nice if, when posts are deleted the mods could perhaps just shoot us a quick PM to let us know why the posts were deleted?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but if a post is deleted and I have no idea why it was deleted, then it is very possible that I will write the exact same thing AGAIN.

I dunno, I moderate a bunch of message boards myself, and it's a thankless task, but I've always made it a priority to provide a brief description of why edits were made or posts were deleted. To me, it's just common courtesy, but it also serves the function of reducing the likelihood of similar posts coming up in the future.

Anyway, glad you're doing good!

Post subject: HEY junkie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Whats up?...Yeah day 12 and doin fine ...I quit subs altogether yesterday....Thanks for replying, but it seems there just isn't enough interest in my posts here so I am not gonna waste my time or anyone elses...thanks to those who posted.I am sooo outta here...T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think there actually is interest in your posts. I fear that when you reposted the exact same thing again about four days after the original, people got all confused and were not sure what is going on. Junkie thinks that what he wrote is deleted and that is not the case - it's just a duplicate thread. It really gets confusing when duplicates get going. I think that you know that now. Also, you are really not asking any questions or anything so there really is not a lot to respond to or engaging in any sort of a discussion.

All of that said, I find reports like yours very interesting and I am sure others do as well since the whole issue of stopping Suboxone is not well documented or known. I hope that you will continue to provide us with updates and if you have any questions, etc., please ask them and I think you'll get responses. By the way, it's not like thousands of people stop by here so you will have to give it more than a few hours to get responses - more like a few days.

Since you again have a thread going, please DON'T START ANOTHER ONE. Stick with this one here and it will build if you give it enough time.

Post subject: Don H
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I fail to see how there could be any confusion...I CLEARLY stated that I was moving my posts to the STOPPING SUBOXONE section since I was no longer introducing myself that seemed loke the correct thing to do.And I only reposted the very initial post ( clearly identified as such ) to have a bit of continuity when switching to Stopping from Intros. Not to mention that I moved to the Stopping section at the advice of a long time poster here so...there ya have it...oh by the way DEon, did I mention that I completely quit Suboxone and am now 100% pill free?

Post subject: day 2 off subs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is @5 in the morning (yep I am an early riser) and if ya go by hours I am 3 days off of suboxone all together! I am feeling no wds from either the methadone, that I was on for almost 4 yrs, or the suboxone I took for 10 days to get off the methadone.

I cannot say absolutely for certain that I will not have paws we can only wait. IS THIS IT? Will this be all the discomfort I am going to experience coming off long term use of a badass narcotic that causes severe withdrawals just by using a few (actually used less than a dozen suboxones!) I am skeptical, but hopeful Since day one I have felt great with no wd symptoms whatsoever. Is this the secret to successful use of BUPES to get free of narcotics without having to suffer the horrors of withdrawals? I cannot say for sure but I truly believe that SHORT TERM USE (10 days or less) is the ONLY way FOR ME! Anyone else out there used this method? Please let me know.I went onto this blindly and alone but I think it worked as it is supposed to.Even tho I get few replies on this forum I will continue to post my progress and hope someone benefits by MY experience.Please feel free to contact me (email or PM) See ya!

Last edited by paintedangel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Painted - Good to hear you're doing well. I sincerely hope the short-term bupe works for you. There are many people - myself included - who would disagree that "short term use is the only way to go". I'm hoping you simply mean that FOR YOU short term use is the only way to go. There are scores of people whose lives have been saved and continue to be saved because they are on long-term bupe. I only address this because I wouldn't want guests/newcomers/lurkers that are on long-term maintenance to feel bad about their usage.

As for others who have done it the way you have, yes, there have been others on this forum. Unfortunately, many or most of them posted and simply never returned, so we don't know how it worked out for them. I truly hope you are the exception - that you do well and will stick around and keep us all posted on your recovery.

Since bupe has such a long half-life, I think the next few days for you will indicate whether you will experience withdrawals or not. For many, withdrawals don't show up until around the 4th day or so.

Keep up the good work, good luck, and keep us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: of course
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Of course I can only speak for myself...I hope I never implied otherwise. In the research I have done I have found no instances of anyone suffering wds from using suboxone SHORT TERM and since that method is my only experience with subs That is all I can reference. I will NOT extemporize on long term use of BUPE as I have no direct experience with it. I have not and will never state that long term BUPE use is bad wrong or whatever...I can only give a true accounting of MY experience. I must say that I have noticed that those who use SUBS long term DO seem to be a bit touchy when anyone talks about SHORT TERM use. Wonder why that is? Well thanks for the post and have a great day

Post subject: Hatmaker
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I see where I screwed up! I somehow failed to add "for me" to the sentence 'the ONLY WAY" My mistake and purely accidental

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

donh wrote:
I think there actually is interest in your posts. I fear that when you reposted the exact same thing again about four days after the original, people got all confused and were not sure what is going on. Junkie thinks that what he wrote is deleted and that is not the case - it's just a duplicate thread. It really gets confusing when duplicates get going. I think that you know that now. Also, you are really not asking any questions or anything so there really is not a lot to respond to or engaging in any sort of a discussion.

All of that said, I find reports like yours very interesting and I am sure others do as well since the whole issue of stopping Suboxone is not well documented or known. I hope that you will continue to provide us with updates and if you have any questions, etc., please ask them and I think you'll get responses. By the way, it's not like thousands of people stop by here so you will have to give it more than a few hours to get responses - more like a few days.

Since you again have a thread going, please DON'T START ANOTHER ONE. Stick with this one here and it will build if you give it enough time.

Ahhh....that explains it. Thanks, Donh......I'm such a dork 8)

By the way, I agree with Donh on both counts, it's easier to follow along if you stick everything in one thread and I am also very interested in your experience with stopping, so please continue sharing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:33 pm 
I guess I was confused, too, becuase when I read the post at the top of this thread I thought it was a post I had already relpled to so I didn't respond.

Anyway, I've been told that as a general rule it takes 6 half life's (lives?) for a drug to be completely out of your system. So for example, oxy has a half life of four hours, which is why you feel the worst after 24 hours off of it. Bupe has a half life of about 36 hours, so it should be totally out of your body in 36x6 hours (about 9 days). I've gone 5 days without sub with no ill effects. Most of the posters I've seen on here have gone through a long, slow taper. Others, who have quit cold turkey haven't reported back after 9 days that I know of (except for Shel, who I think decided to go back on).

So, paintedangel, I hope you will stay with us and let us know how it goes long term.
Thanks,
Lilly

Post subject: OK?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok ...I still don't get why anyone should be confused...I made it clear that I was moving this post to the "stopping sub" section...I felt it no longer belonged in the "introduction " section. May I suggest being a bit more attentive to what you read? Yeah Its what day 15? I think...still no withdrawals. Both my Dr and everyone else I talk to ( except for those on THIS forum curiously)say that if I were going to have wds from the subs that would already have happened. Well it didn't and I do not believe it will. I notice a distinct negative attitude on this blog against those who don't follow the "suboxone for life" plan. Well that ain't gonna be me folks! Suboxone did what it was designed for...got me through detox with absolutely NO withdrawals. Suboxone is a tool, not a lifestyle. I don't think I like the direction this forum is taking so I guess I will just say bye bye I wish you all luck in your recovery even if your version of recovery is staying on a potent and addictive drug longterm...see ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That was mean-spirited, rude, and just uncalled for. Then again, it does appear that the real you is coming out. You were treated with kindness and respect here and there was no reason for you to make the comments that you did. At least you have shown your true self prior to leaving our "blog".

By the way, you made so many incorrect statements that I won't even bother to correct all of them. I will tell you, however, that the doctor that created this site, the administrator, and one or more of the moderators no longer take Suboxone. The doc that started it all never did. So your whole "Suboxone for Life" comment, like many other assumptions you made, is not correct.

Getting off of Suboxone (or Methadone) is only the first step. I wish you luck with the real difficult part, which is yet to come - that is staying off of all opiates, and not becoming addicted to or abusing any other substances, narcotic or otherwise.

Post subject: OH YEAH?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

DON H I stand by all my comments and have seen no proof otherwise not even from a know it all egotistiscal bombast such as yourself. I have repeatedlly stated that my method probably is not for everyone but I do believe that many people are encouraged to continue suboxone use far past the need for it. Its a shame you are so proud of your own opinions that you feel the need to attack others beliefs with your holier than thou attitude. Having said that I still wish all here the best and hope you really examine how long you truly NEED suboxone.Chill out there Donny boy... believe it or not your opinions are just that and, as such, no more valuable or true than anyone elses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What the hell is it with you and the personal attacks? Neither don nor anyone here deserves that. It seems to me that you are projecting a bit.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 am 
As I recall a lot of people responded with horror at the way you were treated by the medical establishment and felt a lot of compassion for your situation. But now seeing how you lash out at people with no provocation makes me wonder if there isn't another side to that story.