It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:06 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] This is day 4 off of suboxone. I'm a little sleepy and depressed but i have been taking seroquel so that could be the contributer. I do have really bad cotton mouth lol! I don't feel all that bad. In fact i feel pretty damn good. My back pain is bad, but that's normal! Has anyone gotten off subs and had very little withdrawl symptoms. Mine are mostly emotional issues. Id rather have the emotional part that I can control ya know....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good to hear. I think your post illustrates just how much of an impact a very positive frame of mind can be. If we think we are going to get bad withdrawals then we will get them. I guess at the end of it, my WDs were not nearly as bad as I expected them to be, but I also knew that the "horror stories" (not negating that some people have had very tough experiences) were not going to apply to me. Not suggesting that I am not having some lingering effects because I am.

However, stay vigilant. The larger the dose, the longer the half life. 4 milligrams is enough to really sit in your system for a few days.

Do you have any plans to help you stay away from the dope?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Me and Stephent quit at the same time and I had no major wd either, I guess some of us our lucky to avoid the acute wd. Paws def do affect me mood wise, that can take a couple months. Also it would be good to hear your history and what you jumped from. I jumped from .25mgs. Keep us updated, ome days will be bettwr than others.

Stephent, hows it going bro? Its almost 30 days for us. Hell yea

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HEY THERE,

just wanted to check and see how your doin after day 4?,,just wonderin cause if you are like i was my first year i was on a high dose of 16mgs,,and went on vacation and ran out,,i didnt know sub was addicting/dependant,,and didnt feel anything on day 4 either,,but on the 6th day it hit me,,it was then i got a computer and found out about sub,,but like i said i found out by acxcident ,,i wasnt tryin to get off and hopefully you have done a taper and got low enough and i wish you the best in getting off,,everyone is different ,,some make it,,and some dont.,,Id like to see those that do .
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Grind,

I had a very easy jump from subs.. I started subs in January after trying to go cold turkey (for the millionth time) of a MAJOR roxy habit when my dealer got thrown in jail.. After about a week of feeling worse and worse every day I drug myself to the sub dr.. I was on subs for almost exactly 4 months.. Started out at 3 per day for a few weeks, then 2 for about a month.. After the second month I was down to 4MGs per day.. The next 2 months I dropped as my body allowed and eventually jumped at about .5 MG..

I found it pretty easy actually.. Maybe because I was only on them 4 months and I remember what withdrawling from 800-1000MG's of Roxy/Oxy felt like? I'm not sure, but I do know that FOR ME jumping from subs was NOTHING compared to the withdrawals of my DOC.. I have no idea if I'll stay off them or not, but honestly that's not important to me.. If something comes up that makes me want to use I'd go back on subs in a heartbeat- for life if need be.. I still have enough to cover me if that situation arises.. Subs saved my life and I'll turn to them BEFORE I decide to use next time..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My experience with pain meds started after a car accident in Aug 04. Towards the end of last year I was taking 100mg methadone and 100mg of perc 10's a day. It was my descision to switch off the meds and to suboxone I was tired of the trap!! I was no longer in pain and I hr the only reason I was taking them was so I could feel normal and get through my day. I started my suboxone treatment end of September 2011. Started with 2 8 mg strips one I'm am and one in pm. My Dr. Instructed me to taper, but only taper what I felt comfortable with. It's 8months later, and I took my last dose of suboxone 4 days ago, I jumped off at .05mg. I am surprised I don't feel all that bad, a little anxiety and rls but nothing like with my doc. I don't even have the runs yet. Just before I jumped off I started taking a multi vitamin, and a protein shake everyday. I do feel a lil depressed, but I have been researching this all over the net and people say they are dying from withdrawls and that they last forever:.....am I going to ne ok, or is the worst yet to come??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hang in there Subgirl. Day 4 for me was the turning point and I jumped at 2mg. A qtr strip a day at 1/2 of the qtr strip in the AM and 1/2 in the PM(right after eating lunch)12:30 or so. Im on day 11 now and actually feel a lil better everyday since day 4. Dont get mr wrong, I have to force myself to go do laundry or wash dishes and REALLY had to force myself to hit the weights and bicycle. The main thing now is attitude. keep trying to force the excersise (this includes sm chores such as dishes & laundry) and vitamins as well as Food. You gotta eat good foods not junk with sugar. WATER & lots of it. I hate water!! Ive always had soda or sweet tea cuz I hate water. But for some odd reason I have been drinking water only and cannot acquire a taste for my beloved sweet tea anymore! HA, better for me anyway,huh? This forum has helped me the whole 11 days but ive only just recently (2-3days) been posting. For some reason, it gives me hope that there are others going thru this with me and I hope I return the Positive attitude to others.
Hang in there...WE WILL WIN!!!

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey SuboxoneGirl,

Welcome to the forum!!

I highly, highly doubt you will get slammed with any kind of serious wd. You jumped from a low dose and it's already been 4 days and you're doing really well.....I think it'll continue like this for the most part. We've had plenty of people here who have jumped from a dose of around .5mg, like you did, and they did fine!!

95shakin gave you some great advice too, it is so important to force yourself to get up and get moving, it'll make ya feel better.

BTW, I'm gonna guess that a lot of the people who are crying, bitchin' and moaning about their wd jumped from a high dose. I jumped from a high dose and I got my ass handed to me, it was a mucho crappy wd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo and 95shakin.....thanks for the support!! I'm just glad to have found a sight with positive results with suboxone treatment!! I am a water drinker so that's not a problem!! I just think I really want it this time too!! For me I think without it I never would have quit...I could totally go seek put my doc rt now but have ZERO DESIRE!! Romeo I applaud you on your sobriety!! 95shakin u as well!! Both of u what day would you say was your worst?? I'm just concerned about the PAWS I have read about all over the net....I guess time will tell!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You jumped from a super low dose so im sure youre going to be a ok. I doubt u will even suffer from paws, just dont obsess over it. You got it in the bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Honestly Subgirl, day 2 & 3 were my worst. Ea day after was just the mind game of no sleep mixed with the up & down of tired & exhausted but cant sleep feeling. For Me it seems IF I can fall asleep for a few hrs, I feel the "ups" last longer and the "downs" are shorter! I finally fell asleep last night between 11pm-12am and slept till 5am. I woke in the best shape since quitting!! I feel rested, no aches & pains, ready to go back to work in 2 hrs. I know ill prolly crash at work & be wore out and struggling but I CAN and WILL WIN!

Honestly at your low dose at jump time, I think you had the worst w/d already. Now you have to get your mind right to fight the lack of sleep and exhaustion. The anxiety and depression will be easier to deal with by keeping your mind and body busy. Of course its easier said than done, right?

Keep up the good fight! WE WILL WIN!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey suboxonegirl, I am also on day 5 now after jumping from 1.5 and WD symptoms are not getting worse; they are staying steady or subsidizing. As others have said, I think you've got this in the bag.

Just listen to my buddy 95, he is a brave bad ass and has an insanely positive attitude.. I think we will get through this just fine! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

MW.Stoner, This site is awesome!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one. So ur on day five as well...have to say last night I got 6 hrs sleep, although o woke every 2hours...but I really feel pretty good today...aside for the fact the runs started ....thank god for immodium.....I think I'm going to pull out my yoga tape and do a little yoga!! Thanks to all of u for the support....I am going to get through this and be free!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY for getting 6 hours of sleep....BOO about the runs, but YAY for Imodium!! :D

Like some of the others have said, don't worry too much about PAWS. I know a couple of folks, from this forum, who quit at the exact same dose you did and they didn't get any PAWS at all. Even if you do get some PAWS, it would most likely be pretty mild.

Y'all keep on kicking ass and taking names!!

Post subject: day 7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I've hit the one week mark, rls has disappeared and sleep is improving!! I'm just really depressed...it was like those pills made me a social butterfly....but no way going back!! So I am forcing myself to get up and do chores, exercise. For the most part I feel pretty Damn good compared to my detox tries with methadone!! Also would u say the subs are out of my system after 7 days where I dosed down to .05mg?? Was just wondering??
I'm hoping and praying no paws!! ME Stoner how has you 7th day been?? Just remember we are not alone...we can win this fight!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey suboxonegirl, day 6 and 7 were kinda rough for me. No energy, RLS at night, and just kinda crappy. I'm doing a bit better today, though (day 8). My mornings have been better than my nights. Keep up fighting that good fight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too jumped from tapering to a very low dose. Doc over prescribed me 2x8mg films a day unitl I realized I didn't need that much. Been tapering for year and down to .10mg when I jumped. I'm on day 9 of no subox, the sneezing fits are maybe 1x or 2x a day, still yawning more than I want but not like energy zapping yawns! The lethargy and lack of motivation are tough, but I really believe it is mental at this point....gotta push through it. No way I'm going back! I really had no stomach issues, only slight cold like symptoms the first 3 days. Trying to exercise, drinking alot of caffeine and listening to positive books on tape. I'm convinced there are people with the same symptoms that have never had an addiction problem. Alot of it is mental. Hang in there everyone, it can only get easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to mention that a huge part of the discomfort from withdrawals is anxiety related and because of that, you might want to give up the caffeinated products. I know you're probably trying to get your energy up, but caffeine is a crappy way to do it. It can make you jittery and irritable and frankly could make you feel worse. Maybe try some L-Carnitine for energy. I have chronic fatigue and that's what my rheumatologist gives me as a supplement for my fatigue. It really helps and you can get it over the counter. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was taking 8mg of subs got down to 4mg
Only been taking subs for 5-6 weeks
i jumped off and so far i have sleeping issues and major depression
My last sub was four days ago..
When i was on subs i still was very depressed
If this depression went away i would be fine..
I also notice my body aches came back..
How long does anyone think that subs be out of my body?
Its so sad,because i am not having major wds like some people have.I should be happy that so far i am lucky..
I read so much bad stories about people jumping off lower then me and there in hell..
My hell is depression ....
I wish too snap out of this..
Its cool tho to see your not alone and every one here on this site,wants every to be well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

antfebs - I don't know anything about your addiction history, but you need to also consider not only your short time on sub, but also the whole time you were taking "regular" opiates. You were using sub to taper off of those other opiates and that is also what your body is going through. You stopping opiates after a long history of extended use (again, I don't know your history). You have to take the entire addiction time into consideration when you're looking at your withdrawals (and PAWS).

I know that doesn't make you feel any better, but hopefully if you can get a different perspective you will be able to understand it a bit more.

I do hope you feel better soon. Remember to try to stay active and try to exercise - it releases natural endorphins and that is EXACTLY what your body/brain needs.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.