It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

like hatmaker said and a short time on subs go's to show that depression is in with or with out subs. i was very depressed be for i was on subs but got better on or off subs. so it just go's to show that subs can not all ways be the one. i took other meds
and my depression from W/D was lifted at the time. i'm not saying you will not become depressed going off but it should not last if it is just the suboxone causing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Another thing...Depression, or maybe I should say depressive states, are typical of opiate withdrawals for some people. There are people who actually plan ahead and get on an antidepressant before they start doing their taper.

You always have the option of speaking to one of your doctors about antidepressants. You don't have to do that today or even tomorrow or next week. But if the depression doesn't lift shortly, you might want to leave that option open in the future.

Feel better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
I just wanted to mention that a huge part of the discomfort from withdrawals is anxiety related and because of that, you might want to give up the caffeinated products. I know you're probably trying to get your energy up, but caffeine is a crappy way to do it. It can make you jittery and irritable and frankly could make you feel worse. Maybe try some L-Carnitine for energy. I have chronic fatigue and that's what my rheumatologist gives me as a supplement for my fatigue. It really helps and you can get it over the counter. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Good info., I will take your advice. Day 10 and feel good. Slept better, still night sweats but got more rest. Energy is good today and no caffeine! I failed to mention I also take lexapro for depressin/anxiety, so I know that gives me a helpful edge when making this transition. I think eating healthier also helps quite a bit, no fast food...no bricks in the stomach, weighing good intentions down. BTW, my habit of roxys was 150mg a day for 1 1/2 years. That little blue pill took my best friend in his sleep, thus making me the lucky one who got to quit.