It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: day 5 off suboxone-less
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just went off suboxone sun may 24th. I suprisingly had hardly any withdrawal symptoms. Last time i tried to get off suboxone it was pretty rough but i wasn't really doing things the right way. This time i tapered down to .5 mgs and stopped. Mentally i feel really good but i have had 2 major problems.

For the past 4-5 days i have had really bad back pain. first it was lower back pain now i got pain in my lower back and in the middle of my back, i have tried all types of over the counter pain relief, asprin, tylenol, ibuprofen etc..(none work)I never had any back problems before i started using opiates. also i have had this problem with having 2 urinate every 20 mins. it drives me crazy. some times even after i piss i still feel like i gotta piss but i can't go. even if don't drink any thing it doesn't seem to help at all. if i don't drink any thing it just makes me have to piss but hardly any thing comes out.

I am posting this because one it kinda helps me to feel a little better talking about it with other people going thru similar problems. Also i was posting because i am curious if any one else has had these same problems when they went off suboxone. The urination thing has plagued me ever since i got down 2 about 1 mg. Any feed back would be really appriciated. I am starting to get worried i really have something wrong with my back and i am also starting to get worried that i have something wrong with my bladder like cancer or something crazy. I talked about the urination with my doctor but she didn't seem 2 know very much about it. She said she had never heard of it but i have seen some talk about it on this forum.

I feel so lucky, the first time i tried to stop suboxone i have physical withdrawal for about 3-4 days and then a really bad mental withdrawal anxiety and depression, but this time i didn't have any of that. Last time i never made it through the withdrawal. This time i feel confident i can do it but i just can't stand these 2 problems i can' sleep cause my back hurt sooooooo bad i have to roll around all night and then once i get comfortable i have to get up 2 take a piss.