All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GREAT POST :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, thankyou

glad to hear you are doing well, and feeling better.
For some people, treatment just isnt an option, I know for me it wouldnt be. No insurance and all that. No way Id be able to pay my bills while I was gone for a couple weeks. BUT, I think for some people it IS a great option.

I sort of agree with you on the tapering thing, especially the people that taper right away. I think now, that its been over a year, I would have a much better chance, but there is NO WAY I would have been able to do it like the first six months or something. thinking of that, just makes me laugh.

Anyways, It's nice for people to come back and post after they have 'made it' a couple weeks.

Wish you the best of luck in your future. I think your choice to attend AA is great. Being able to relate to people one on one, is
irreplaceable.

[marq=right]BEST OF LUCK[/marq]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations! You have a positive attitude and that's very important. It shouldn't be too long before you're feeling 100% physically. One thing I did want to point out. You said: "If you can control and taper off your dose of Suboxone, you're probably not an addict to begin with." Right before I started my sub treatment I was taking over 800mgs of Morphine/Oxycontin per day... believe me, I was an addict. Sub for me was different than Morphine because I was dependent on it, but not addicted. I didn't feel sick, but I didn't feel high either. Nor did I have the desire to abuse it... and so it gave me a year to take care of business (sever unhealthy contacts, continue to exercise and eat right, cultivate new intertests, etc.) so that I was ready for the taper... or at least much more prepared than I would have been a year prior to treatment. We all have to make choices about treatment based on our own particular circumstances, and in this instance I think you made the right decision.

Best of luck and keep us updated with your progress!