It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey yall,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update. Today is 17 days off sub for me! yaaaaa! gotta give myself a pat on the back. lol I was at 8-4mg for 2 years made the jump at 4mg-2mg. I know its a high dose to jump from but I couldnt discipline myself for the long drawn out taper.

Im actually feeling a little bit better everyday now. The w/d symptoms for the most part are gone and now im just fighting the exteme fatigue, must be PAWS? Ive been working out (lifting weights and running) for the past few days and it has helped me a ton. there are times throughout the day when i feel almost 100% "normal" again. Ive been taking vitamins and protein shakes just about everyday too.

If you are trying to come off long term suboxone use I hope this post is someone of an encouragement to you, IT CAN BE DONE AND IT DOES NOT DO PERMANENT DAMAGE TO YOUR BRAIN. You can recover just need to be smart and STAY AWAY FROM OTHER DRUGS ie. percs, vics, tramadol, etc. the reason I say this is because I tried detoxing last time off sub and made it to day 15 before my dr. prescribed me tramadol to help the w/d...took them for a few days and felt sicker when the were gone!

Just gotta push through! Its the only way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, I just wanted to say congrats. That is great that you have gone 17 days without any meds, and you have such a positive attitude. Thanks for posting your success. I'm sure it will be encouraging for others to read, who are trying to stop as well. Keep us updated on your progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hell yeah, It can be done!! Im on day 12 and waiting patiently for day 17...LOL...Kudos!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:13 pm 
Hey bud,

You, you are gonna be one of the lucky ones. I can tell just in your attitude. You got a nice outlook and you said exactly what people that make it say. CONGRATS MY DUDE! I am 3 months off suboxone, however, i used other opiates during the first month or so. I'm very lethargic now, but it will pass. Also, i really appreciate and love how you said, "it will not cause perminant damage to the brain!" - I think it is very very important for people getting off or staying off suboxone to hear that. Very cool man.

Take care.

Love yourself, because you know who you truly are deep inside