It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Well this is my :shock: first post....but I wanted to say that I was on the oxy's for 10 years from a doctor prescribed situation ...I've been wanting to quit for months but couldn't figure out how to so on the 22nd of february ...I win in and told my d octor I've flushed all my pills....needless to say he was ...not happy about it ..at all...my pain management doctor felt forced but he put me on subs anyway....cuz he saw that I just wanted to quit....the first day I took two milligrams strips for every 2 hours for the first 8 hours ...I think he gave me 12 strips total for 24 hours which I only took 7....that left me 5 ...out of the original box...so for the next 7 days I only took 10 milligrams but each day after day 2 I would just do a 24 dose and never over 1 milligrams...days 4,5,6,7 were each day cut in half..til on the 8th day I jumped at .25 milligrams which is 1/32 of the daily month dose that my doctor wanted me on...I'm at day six without subs,...my question..obviously the doctor wanted me on sub so that way I could change my lifestyle but subs was just another drug to me...so is it easier that I was only on the sub for 8 days and is it better that I just tricked my mind this way....still hurting....dilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm wondering how you made out. I'm sorry nobody replied.

Don't underestimate the changes your mind might have had after 10 years of oxy. The sub might have softened the blow and I understand your fear of getting on another drug but if you find yourself unable to cope, think about sub over going back to oxy. For me, sub gave me the chance to get my life together, learn how to function without chasing a high.

Many talk about sub withdrawal being terrible but I remember the few times I went off dilaudid and actually made it a few weeks or over a month I always went back to it because for me the depression was just too much to bear plus I would try to fill the void with alcohol and weed. Suboxone helped me stop all that. I have been on sub for over 2 years now and havent touched a pill booze or weed in that time and am finally ready to try life without sub BUT I know it's there if I need it. I'm slowly tapering off but For me, I am a drug addict and would rather be on sub than dead. That is my experience anyway

Please let us know how you're making out, stay strong.

GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks....today is day nine and finally got rid of rls...entering the very low energy and very drawn out diarrhea faze that is getting old...oh also weeping off of beer which was a daily as well....I'm sure its gonna take awhile...I hear day 10 - 14 gets better..Yikes...Thx for the reply...support helps....dilly