It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Last night I slept decently as I said above but I took Benadryl (sp?) and apparently that is why I had RLS a little bit again after a day of not having it. I am finding everywhere I look that any of these types of drowsy meds can cause the RLS to spike in a lot of people going threw W/D. Just wanted to post my findings for anyone who reads this as some advice.

Just got back from Christmas shopping with my girl, that would be another recommendation, don't do it even with slight W/D's I couldn't even stand up anymore and my back was throbbing. The only plus side to this is that as soon as my back stops hurting I am going to be wiped out. Almost night time and hopefully sleepy time for me with no Benadryl so since last night was bearable I am hoping tonight will be heavenly compared to the rest of the week.

Good night people!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey inneed,

Glad to hear the worst is behind you. You should start to notice fairly steady improvement, but you may have a day here or there that you feel you went backwards...don't sweat it, it just seems to be part of recovery from sub.

I am amazed at how far you have come in such a short time, WOW. You should be immensely proud of yourself!!

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw your thoughts about music, that's me too. I NEED my music. It helped me so much I can't even put it into words.

As far as the anxiety goes, I never suffered from anxiety until I quit sub. There were several days there when I wondered what in the hell was going on. It passed after a week, maybe two for me. It is quite bothersome though.

I was going to mention the Benadryl--RLS connection, but I see you just put up another post where you figured it out. I took some OTC sleep med with Diphenhydramine??? and it felt like I had plugged my legs into an electrical socket.

Anyway, you're doing fantastic! Keep moving forward and keep us up to date if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Inneed,

It sounds like you're doing really well and I hope and pray it continues to go smooth for you! I have never gone this far (tomorrow is day 9) in my countless attempts to quit Suboxone cold turkey, but I must say, this drug has tricked me...boy is it tricky! I wrote you on the evening of day 6 and I was feeling so great, I thought it was over...I was wrong. The next day, my skin felt so tender, sore and sensitive. Whenever anything touched my skin, I cringed. I was also very weak with really no energy, feeling like I was carrying heavy weights anytime I tried to walk around or get errands done. The hard part for me is that I have a full time job and I called in sick two days (after my normal two days off). I don't want to get in trouble with my work because I keep calling in sick. So today, I went to a spa and got an hour body massage to try to relieve my sore skin/muscles and I tried getting out the toxins by going in the steam room, jacuzzi, and cold plunge as well (to improve circulation). I felt great after all of that and came home and sure enough when I was getting ready for bed, it hit me bad. Terrible withdrawal! I was so unbelievably uncomfortable! It is 4:20 in the morning right now. This is making me feel like a crazy person...every minute that passes feels like an hour! I know that if I don't have relief tomorrow on day 9, I'm going to have to take some crumbs of Suboxone just so I can get back to my job. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do in life. I could have never imagined how bad the consequences are from taking opiates! I want to overcome this huge obstacle in my life so I can help others who are addicted to opiates. No one really understands what you are going through unless they have been through it themselves. Some of your family and friends will never truly understand the pain associated with this kind of withdrawal! I swear, opiate withdrawal takes the cake, it truly is the worst drug to come off of. My hopes for you, Inneed, is that your road ahead will be smoother than mine. The Subs that you take...are they 2 mil. or 8 mil.? If they are 2 mil. then hopefully, withdrawal won't last as long. Other factors are your metabolism...if you have a fast metabolism, chances are that you will recover much faster. I sure wish I could get my hands on the Clonidine patch. I know they give that in rehab. Best of luck to you, I hope you continue to do well throughout this process. Since you are already good about taking vitamins, go get the vitamin I suggested for the RLS. The Vitamins I have (Magnesium/Zinc) also have Calcium in them, I really believe that helps as well. It may not completely take away your RLS, but it will definitely make your symptom milder. For me, it works 100% of the time as long as I consistently take them.

Sincerely,

Skyler

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Inneed,

It sounds like you're doing really well and I hope and pray it continues to go smooth for you! I have never gone this far (tomorrow is day 9) in my countless attempts to quit Suboxone cold turkey, but I must say, this drug has tricked me...boy is it tricky! I wrote you on the evening of day 6 and I was feeling so great, I thought it was over...I was wrong. The next day, my skin felt so tender, sore and sensitive. Whenever anything touched my skin, I cringed. I was also very weak with really no energy, feeling like I was carrying heavy weights anytime I tried to walk around or get errands done. The hard part for me is that I have a full time job and I called in sick two days (after my normal two days off). I don't want to get in trouble with my work because I keep calling in sick. So today, I went to a spa and got an hour body massage to try to relieve my sore skin/muscles and I tried getting out the toxins by going in the steam room, jacuzzi, and cold plunge as well (to improve circulation). I felt great after all of that and came home and sure enough when I was getting ready for bed, it hit me bad. Terrible withdrawal! I was so unbelievably uncomfortable! It is 4:20 in the morning right now. This is making me feel like a crazy person...every minute that passes feels like an hour! I know that if I don't have relief tomorrow on day 9, I'm going to have to take some crumbs of Suboxone just so I can get back to my job. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do in life. I could have never imagined how bad the consequences are from taking opiates! I want to overcome this huge obstacle in my life so I can help others who are addicted to opiates. No one really understands what you are going through unless they have been through it themselves. Some of your family and friends will never truly understand the pain associated with this kind of withdrawal! I swear, opiate withdrawal takes the cake, it truly is the worst drug to come off of. My hopes for you, Inneed, is that your road ahead will be smoother than mine. The Subs that you take...are they 2 mil. or 8 mil.? If they are 2 mil. then hopefully, withdrawal won't last as long. Other factors are your metabolism...if you have a fast metabolism, chances are that you will recover much faster. I sure wish I could get my hands on the Clonidine patch. I know they give that in rehab. Best of luck to you, I hope you continue to do well throughout this process. Since you are already good about taking vitamins, go get the vitamin I suggested for the RLS. The Vitamins I have (Magnesium/Zinc) also have Calcium in them, I really believe that helps as well. It may not completely take away your RLS, but it will definitely make your symptom milder. For me, it works 100% of the time as long as I consistently take them.

Sincerely,

Skyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Skyler - I'm sorry to hear you'r having issues now out of all times. Pretty shitty to feel good and go in reverse, I have heard to expect that so I am just waiting to see what the hell comes my way next. It's pretty early here right now too, I didn't take any meds to try to sleep last night and the RLS still came back, I guess it was pretty mild but it caused me to change positions almost every couple of minutes. I forget what it's like to have deep sleep, I miss sleeping 8-10 hours but I guess I can't complain because I am still feeling better every day. I am going to get that supplement you recommended for sure this morning, I'll let you know if it works for me. BTW, I jumped from around 2-4 mgs of Subox probably around 3 every day was different. Did you jump at 8? if so I think you are doing really good compared to most people.

It's so weird that you had a bad day even tho you're active and working, that seems to be the key in all of this, I hope today you're feeling better! Yeah, this has definitely been the hardest thing I have ever done as well and just knowing that everyone I knew and even more now that I don't hang around anymore is on Oxy's is terrible. They have no idea and I wish someone would have warned me when I started fucking with the shit, I literally had no clue what the hell could happen until it did and it has completely set me back in life. I thought, since in my small town everyone knows about my issues they would learn but apparently not, as you said I can't wait to be better so I can help other's too. Obviously not everyone cares to be helped but I feel like getting the word out is the least I can do, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and I mean that. I wish I could go back in time, stay sober, stay happy, stay healthy but I can't and non of us can, we have to just learn from our mistakes and pay the piper for those "good times". I'll pray for you today, which is all I can do and again I hope you stay strong and make it, you're so far, WE CAN DO THIS!! Think of how happy you will be, don't bail on me now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just went to RiteAid to look for some Magnesium/Zinc and Calcium supplements and heres what I got, the Pharmacist was the most helpful person when it came to my situation out side of my family. I tried lying and told him most of my symptoms and he guessed I was withdrawing, at this point I was honest because thats the only way I can really achieve any real advice.
I got "Natures Bounty", it has 1,000mg calcium (huge amount), 400 mg Magnesium, and 25 mg Zinc. This was the highest supplement I could find and I was warned not to take this stuff for a long time, so if this is going to work for me this is my best chance plus I can take 3 of these a day! Thats a lot of supplement. Also was recommended Melatonin, 5mg one pill at night, I'll update if this works I hope it does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I lost track. What day are you on now? Reading what you are going through sure does bring back memories. Ugh! I feel for you. The worst for me was RLS and the insomnia, fatigue. I thought for sure the insomnia was going to kill me. I totally remember staring into the backs of my eyelids and just hoping that eventually I might sleep. But I always felt like I just drank 20 cups of coffee no matter what I did.

When you wrote that you were going shopping I just thought "oh nooooooooo. He is going to be so MISERABLE". I tried that. I thought if I just got out of the house and forced myself to do things it might feel a little better. Maybe I would be okay. Enjoy myself. Distract myself. It was miserable. I hated it. We were in the store for about 45 minutes and I wanted to go home.

I jumped off 12mg so I think it was worse for me, but all in all sounds about the same. You are doing great. Amazing. I highly encourage you to keep trying. You really do need something for the sleep though.

On a side note........if you get too discouraged, I really don't think it would kill you to read in the liquid taper threads. It might be that you could take just a tiny bit of sub to help you get just a little sleep. You wouldn't have to take it every day or anything. It doesn't set you back entirely.

I made it 90 days but cheated here and there by taking pain meds from a friend and from a couple surgeries I had in that time. BUT I jumped from 12mg much for the same reasons you did. I found it too difficult in the end for many reasons. During my withdrawal, I did educate myself on suboxone and so did my spouse. He eventually agreed that I should go back on suboxone and he is totally ok with it now. He got tired of me being sick too. It wasn't that it wasn't doable. It was to some extent. I never missed a day of work. My brain just wasn't producing any endorphins on its own at all. I didn't have an exercise plan in place at the time. Everyone has to decide for themselves what and how much they can tolerate and we all have our own circumstances.

Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon. I too wish I could bring you some clonidine....and maybe some ambien.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jackcrack - Yeah, the shopping was horrid, especially because my girlfriend looks at EVERYTHING! I was kneeling down every chance I got to get some rest, it was a huge effort just to keep up with her, I didn't even get any presents yet because my mind was focused on just making out alive. I have been thinking about it and since I am at day 7 I think or maybe thats tomorrow? Anyway was thinking about taking some sub to sleep for once but like I said my mom has it and it's pretty hard to ask for it, i dont know yet if thats good or bad, I just can't wait for this to be over. No matter how much I work out and stay active it doesn't help my sleep, it does help everything else tho. I am literally scared of my bed, I start having anxiety attacks as soon as it gets dark because I know that my RLS battle will begin soon so I usually start my sleep on the floor with my dog to avoid the panic attack but regardless this still doesn't help. I took the Magnisium and Zinc with Calcium supplements but I am not even laying down yet and I can feel the sensation of the RLS already... I am going to take a hot bath and take 10mg of melatonin and see what happens, I hope for the best because I work tomorrow at 5:00 A.M. I do tree work so beeing sleepy and tired with a chainsaw up in a 100 foot tree is not something I look forward to...

I realized praying for a fast recovery wont work and I am just going to need to stick with it, wish me luck, I hope I don't fall out of a tree or cut my hand off because thats the last thing I need. On the plus side of things my apettite is actually double what it has been ever in my life and I am a bottomless pit for food, I love it because I am a pretty skinny guy, I need more meat.

Good night everyone. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you find yourself up in the middle of the night reading on here again, consider this. I am not trying to push you in the other direction in any way. I do not want to be part of sabotaging all of your success. I totally support whatever decision you make and I know how tough it is to make that decision.

What happened for me when I was in WD was that it just continued. I mean, at day 15 I still had insomnia. I had used up my clonidine, ativan, and finally got some ambien samples and even those didn't really work that well. I did get 2 hours of SOLID sleep but still woke after 2 hours. The first few days, I didn't even have the energy to get online. My husband found this site and by day 6 or 7 I think I finally had enough energy to get online. I opened up to my husband about how I was feeling. I tried to explain it the best I could. I felt like such a whiner, but he listened. I was determined in the beginning not to go back on sub. As time went on and my progress was SO SLOW, it was wearing on me. I just wanted to know what the end date was. I researched online about addiction, asked questions on this site, and as I researched, my husband and I would talk about it. Every dilemma that came through my mind, I basically gave to him to solve. I asked his advice and his opinions. When he would get frustrated, I would just tell him I really needed his help with this. It was BOTH our lives. It forced him to start making his recommendations on facts and research instead of his assumptions about suboxone and his personal opinions about what addiction was. I think he felt partially responsible for my ACTUAL health and well being instead of being focused on his wishes and dreams that may not be so reality based. When he felt like he had more of the control and started really researching what would be best for ME, he ultimately realized it was better for me to be on suboxone. The risks were less. Doing all the research really eliminated the stigma we both associated with it before. He started looking at it as "being" the recovery process instead of being the tool to "get" me to recovery. He realized this might be as good as it gets for me and that really, what was the big deal anyways? He began looking at this as a medical condition and not as my personal failure. Of course both of us would LOVE for me to not take suboxone. Both of us would LOVE for this to have never happened. But it did and here we are. We just want to make the most of our lives together that we can and he realized that would be much harder off suboxone. I also have chronic pain.

My point is (my points are always long by the way) that as you go through this, it sounds like your family and girlfriend love you and care about you a lot. If you are considering taking a small amount of sub, talk to them. It is good your mom has it because it will force you to talk to them and open up about why. If they discourage you, don't be afraid to ask the tough questions. Put them in a position to answer what they would do and then ask them what medical basis they have for it. Why are they recommending this. What do they have that backs up it is the best answer for you or the best for your health. Too often there is an assumption that being off suboxone is obviously better than being on it. It seems the obvious answer to most people. But it is more complicated than that.

I am NOT saying you SHOULD take suboxone. I think you should make whatever is the best decision for you. I totally know that fear of feeling like a failure. You could pull up my old posts from a year ago and I mentioned not wanting to fail several times. For ME, because of the way I went about deciding to go back on and the process I went through, I actually don't feel like a failure for going back on it. I feel like I am totally successful.

I placed so much pressure on myself to conquer something on my own that MOST people cannot do the way I was doing it. My husband realized he was expecting me to do something that really wasn't possible for most people. I don't want you to go any longer than you have to feeling like you are a failure because you are struggling with a medical condition. Most people can't get through what you are going through without a long taper to a lower level. Why are you expecting yourself to be different? Is that healthy? Or is that part of the addict mind thinking we are different? Special? I don't have those answers, but I think they are good questions.

Again, I support you no matter what you decide is best for you. Hang in there. I hope you get some sleep.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

JackCrack - I think you'r husband must be a pretty good man, has he struggled with addiction ever? It seems VERY rare to ever find anyone who understands addiction without going threw it themselves. If it wasn't such a taboo subject and people really didn't just ignore it and think of an addict as a lower form of being or weaker than we would probably have less addicts. I never thought I would be here today and no one understands that it can happen to ANYONE for any reason, even people who legitimately are prescribed medications can end up in a bad place.

I have been feeling better every day but yes, it's very minimal and it's frustrating when I have a day where I went backwards. I took those supplements last night and was still restless, then took 10mg Melatonin and a hot bath in epsom salt and fell asleep. It wasn't good sleep but compared to every other night in this process it was, I actually had a dream which means I went in to deep sleep for at least a little while. I am hoping that tonight will be easier and not harder, it's day 8 I guess, according to my mom and besides the insomnia, joint pains, and little lack of energy everything else is fine. It's just hard to keep reminding myself that just 4 days ago it was so much worse. I am off to work now and I feel decent, well see what I have to do, hopefully nothing too intense my boss knows whats going on and he is an ex opiate addict too and my girlfriends uncle. Updates will come after work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

inneed,

I got to the point that you're at about being afraid of your bed, nervousness would set in after dark, legs would get twitchy. Hell, I even went to Barnes and Noble and bought a book on Sleep Hygiene. It was titled I Can Make You Sleep...well it didn't and I ended up throwing it in the garbage. I didn't have poor sleep hygiene, I was going through wd.

I finally asked my doctor for some Clonidine and it helped me to get some sleep...not 8 hours, but I got more than I was getting previously.

Unfortunately, sleep issues are pretty common during opiate wd. It does get better, but never as fast as we want it to though.

My appetite went screaming crazy during wd too. Although all I wanted to eat was bacon and drink gatorade. I weighed 180lbs before wd started and ended up at 200lbs! That was a record for me. I'm back down to 185lbs now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
inneed,

I got to the point that you're at about being afraid of your bed, nervousness would set in after dark, legs would get twitchy. Hell, I even went to Barnes and Noble and bought a book on Sleep Hygiene. It was titled I Can Make You Sleep...well it didn't and I ended up throwing it in the garbage. I didn't have poor sleep hygiene, I was going through wd.

I finally asked my doctor for some Clonidine and it helped me to get some sleep...not 8 hours, but I got more than I was getting previously.

Unfortunately, sleep issues are pretty common during opiate wd. It does get better, but never as fast as we want it to though.

My appetite went screaming crazy during wd too. Although all I wanted to eat was bacon and drink gatorade. I weighed 180lbs before wd started and ended up at 200lbs! That was a record for me. I'm back down to 185lbs now.

LOL at the book, oh man I know how that is, I think I would buy anything that has a possibility to help but yes, there is hardly anything but time on our side here (or maybe not really). I am about 160 lbs and 6'1 skinny my entire life, hopefully my appetite will stick around because I don't eat like a frikin bird anymore and thats pretty positive for me. I'm typing this on my phone, it's storming out so were taking a break from the work until it calms, nothing like climbing a slippery hill side carrying a 50-100 lb log on your shoulder. I swear I have fallen so many times, my memory is still really bad at this point, I feel half retarded. I get told to do something and 5 minutes later I have to ask what the hell I was supposed to do. Usually I am the bright one, it's pretty comical how slow I am at this point. Can't wait to get home and heat up, my cigarettes got drenched too in my pocket AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wish I would have known you about 13 years ago...I needed two trees cut down and decided to do it myself. One of them was too close to the house to fall from the ground, so I got a big ass extension ladder, climbed the ladder with no safety gear whatsoever, just an idiot, a chainsaw, a 75ft Oak tree and 25 feet in the air...what could go wrong. Uh huh, I fell and crushed both ankles...too bad I didn't land on my head, I would have bounced! :)

That's what started this whole pain med mess for me. So, be careful, use your safety gear and hang on tight...if you ever have that voice inside your head saying what you're about to do is too dangerous...LISTEN TO IT!

Your memory will get better, I know that lost feeling you'll get sometimes...it does get better, just slowly. I had to leave myself notes around the house to remember stupid little stuff. But, I finally had a good excuse as far as telling my wife why I forgot to do all the stuff she asked me to do.

Take care, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo, you are a laddertipper too!!! I DID fall on my head. That's what started this whole thing for me. Ladders are terrifying.

Inneed, like Romeo said, your memory will improve. I suffered a traumatic brain injury, and I WAS retarded...seriously. I didn't even know who I was or who my own kids were. And I forgot everything within 5 minutes. Every morning I'd wake up and try to remember just one single thing from the day before, and.....BLANK!!! That was scary. People started calling me "50 First Dates". Now, I'm almost back to my pre-injury state. I'm so close that only I can tell the difference. I never thought I'd improve so much.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lol, you two have made me laugh so hard tonight, it's good because my bed is screaming to me louder and louder every minute. I wish I could have a legitimate excuse for getting on pain killers like you two, I was just a dumb kid who loved the feeling of no anxiety and no back pain plus nodding out was pretty fun. I feel good that I can look back at those days and not miss the high I had but just remember the fun I had at the beginning, it was so innocent for a short time...

Yeah, my girlfriends uncle taught me to climb trees, we go to a cabin every other month up north in California and we climb the red woods straight up and look over the mountain. It's the scariest and most rewarding thing ever, I like knowing what I am doing is dangerous and having to critically think out situations hundreds of feet up, theres nothing like it. Sorry you both had traumatic falls, jeez I could only imagine now getting hurt and being denied the pain meds to help me out at the hospital!! 50 First Dates was a great movie, I think with my heightened crying abilities I am going to watch that and laugh and cry myself to sleep tonight. How did you fall LadderTipper? You'r name says a lot but do you remember what happened, seems pretty big if you had amnesia!

I am always making fun of my girlfriend because sometimes she can be pretty ditsy (in a cute way) but now roles have switched, she's jumping at every opportunity to make me feel stupid! I even forgot how I got to her house today and she had to remind me that she picked me up, holy crap... :roll: I just ate three dinners today and I AM STILL STARVING! I really think the exercise is a big contributing factor but this is out of control now.

I have been taking my Magnesium/Zinc and Calcium supplements and they haven't helped my RLS like it does for many others but the Melatonin puts me down fast and it feels like a "real" sleepiness, not some induced sleep like NyQuil was. Anyway, I am going to keep motivated, tomorrow is a big party starting at noon and ~ DAY 9 ~ I can't believe it's been this long, at the beginning it was taking for ever for the days to pass but now it's all one giant blur. Good night everyone. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Okay folks, it's day 9 and I slept decent last night, went to bed around 10P.M. after a long bath and Melatonin, woke up at 3 A.M. went to the bathroom and then just stayed in bed until I finally starting dreaming again, weird dreams too. :shock: I think I took too much Melatonin tho because my head is throbbing harder than I have ever known. Day's continue to get better and nights are SLOWLY getting better too.

Symptoms as of day 9 are - Sneezing all the time, runny nose, sleep issues, and a little lack of energy but not too bad. Going to an all day party at 12P.M. and I am going to try to act as normal as possible, I really think that I should be very close to the end and I hope I don't get PAWS but I probably will... Who knows maybe this is PAWS that I am feeling because it comes in waves, one minute I feel fantastic and then the next it's down hill. If the damn RLS would go away I would literally just feel like I had a mild cold with the sneezing and such.

Caffeine has two effects on me, but it almost feels like I did too much cocaine because I am super jittery and bouncing off the walls with anxiety. I can't help it tho because coffee has been a part of my normal morning routine for 4 years now and waking up without it takes a good 2 hours just to feel alive, with coffee it takes a few minutes and the side effects suck but they go away within an hour.

Going to stop taking the expensive ass supplement pills because so far they haven't done any good and I have been taking huge amounts and don't want to cause my body to rely even more on something else. I might not even take Melatonin when tonight comes but well see, I have read that you can take it for a month straight and then take a week off bt I don't plan on using it that long.

Christmas is right around the corner I need to shop!!!! Argh!!!! I hope I feel better on Christmas... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I had to quit drinking coffee completely...it made me bounce off the walls and I couldn't stand it anymore.

I hear ya as far as the supplements go, I didn't want to become 'dependant' on anything else either. I was deathly afraid of taking anything long term. Plus, they didn't work for me...threw a hundred bucks worth of them in the garbage.

All of your current symptoms sound like they are right on the mark, actaully I think you're ahead of the game by a good shot. Nonetheless, those symptoms are typical for opiate wd.

So, got the emotions going into high gear, eh...When my daughter and I would watch Sponge Bob I would become emotional if Patrick and Sponge Bob had a fight, then made up. Not full flowing tears, but the eyes certainly got real misty and that damn lump in the throat...why can't Sponge Bob and Patrick just get along? :)

I'm not sure of this, but I heard taking Melatonin long term could be problematic? I thought I read it somewhere. I'm glad to hear you plan on taking a break from it.

Overall, I have got to say you're doing really, really well for day 9. Recovery is a process, it takes time...unfortunately.

Keep up the good work, ineed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 pm 
I quit drinking coffee a good long while ago. I drank it for years every single morning right when i woke up. It started making me pee all the time so i stop drinking it. I just stopped one day an havent drank it since. Only effects i got from stopping was feeling extremely tired for about a week and when i would go to sleep i would sleep really really hard. So hard i would have a rough time holding my eyes open when i woke up. But, like i said within a week i was back to normal and i havent drank it since. I only drink water now. Nothing but water and i actually feel a lot heatlhier. Coffee keeps you awake far more than people realize. I could not believe how tired i was when i stopped drinking it. Or i should say, i cant believe how much coffee kept me almost wired every day when i was drinking it. I would only drink 1 cup in the morning. However, i am very happy with my decision to stop and i feel much better now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Inneed, you have gotten some serious time under our belt. It went so fast...for me, lol. I doubt it went fast for you. I cannot imagine coffee having such a strong effect. Did you get caffeine w/d? What a great idea to listen to music during the insomnia. Music can change the whole day (and I guess the night too), can't it? I need some new stuff. I'm bored with what's on my phone. I need to reread this thread because I think you gave some ideas. You climbed the redwoods?! That's awesome! You're like Edward from the Twilight saga! If you have not read the books, I strongly recommend them to you during this time. They will take you away to another world, and then you will actually become quite obsessed with wanting to be a vegetarian vampire. I jump whenever my kids hurt themselves and there's any blood. I keep thinking someone's gonna smell it and come running or something.

I'm really glad that your family has given you proper credit for how physically hard it is to get off Sub. I bet that makes a huge difference to you.

I did see 50 First Dates, since it became my new name, but alas, I do not remember it at all, of course. I should watch it again. Yeah, I got amnesia. I remember painting my kitchen. I don't remember anything else about falling. It was such a bad brain injury, so they made my family say goodbye and I surprised them all when I lived through the night. I woke up a week later, but I remember nothing until I few days afterward when I suddenly remembered my mom, who was in the room. I said, "Hi, Mom." And she started crying. Boy, I was so confused. For about six months, I couldn't transfer most stuff from my short-term to my long-term memory. It was soooooo frustrating!!!! I started writing everything down in a notebook, I mean every single thing, like 'feed kids'. The worst was when I couldn't find my notebook. People starting talking to me in that Kindergarten-teacher voice, like I was 5 years old and if they spoke slowly enough and enunciated enough, I'd remember the conversation :roll:

Romeo, the Sponge Bob and Patrick thing....that's too friggin' funny! Dang, if you cannot handle that, you really need to avoid Bambi like the plague, cause you'll never get over it.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:38 pm 
hatmaker510 wrote:
The high blood pressure you're experiencing is likely from the withdrawals, not a response to being off suboxone. That's why clonidine helps so well with w/d symptoms - because it lowers the BP. Suboxone (up to the ceiling) can depress respiration. I've never heard of it lowering anyone's blood pressure or heart rate. My blood pressure has been basically the same my whole life, no change when I was on regular opiates or now that I'm on suboxone - definitely not lower. What I do have is issues with tachycardia and so I take a beta blocker for that (Metoprolol).

I'm glad you're still feeling better. And you don't have ANY doctor (primary care?) that can give you Clonidine? I hope you continue to feel better.

Just be careful with clonodine because hatmaker wrote, lowers blood pressure... my buddy actually tried to get high off them thinking it was same as klonopin, and passed out hah... idiot!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next