It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 6 off 1.5 mg a day
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:59 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just wanted to share my story and hopefully help someone who was as terrified as I was 6 days ago...Ive been off Oxys for 2 yrs and ten months and in that time have tapered from 8 mg down to 1.5 of sub fairly painlessly. My doc doesnt believe in tapering down to lower than a mg or so and I had my last dose last Sunday am.
Mon wasnt awful, Mon PM the RLS began but I slept. Tuesday my anxiety was high along with major muscle spasms, crying jags and legs that felt bolted to the floor. My Dr did prescribe Clonodine and Ambien so I have slept every night 8 hrs maybe only waking a few times here and there...I have also taken a half of clonodine in the daytime if needed for anxiety. Weds I forced myself to play Basketball with my youngest, go for a walk around the hood and do a few household chores. I felt like I had run 5 consecutive marathons but I did it. Thursday I had a few good hours in the afternoon but still spent a lot of time crying, praying, and feeling super weak. I was also having a super hard time eating. I broke down and smoked some pot and that helped tremendously...I ate, I laughed, I felt semi human. Yesterday, Friday...very good day. Walked around the block at an almost normal pace, did some light shopping, snuggled my babies without having the creepy crawlies all over me when they touched me, and felt that I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Last pm I smoked a little more pot, ate and slept ten hrs. So here I am now Day 6!!! I feel 85% better than I did Tues. Still some belly issues and a mild weakness but I have a smile on my face and a drive like I have never felt to get thru all this.
Be positive, get some comfort meds, be kind to yourself, pray to your God and know you will come out the other side. I was so so very scared of all the horror stories I read on various websights...For me it has been milder than a regular opiate detox but somehow more mentally taxing if that makes any sense...
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, you seem to be doing great for day 6! The tapering must have really helped and it's great that you have access to clonidine and Ambien and have been able to get a good night's sleep every night. Whenever I tried quitting opiates my RLS was way too bad (felt the feeling in my arms and torso as well as legs!) and I just couldn't even lie down to rest, let alone sleep. Sadly, I didn't have access to clonidine. I'm so glad to read how well you are doing though. We have all read the horror stories about withdrawals from sub, so I'm sure that your post is going to give a lot of people hope.

Keep it up, lulubelle!

Methadone Clinic Directory (U.S. and Canada)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats!!! I'm on Day 4 coming off of .25mg a day. Was only on it for a few weeks, but a few months back I'd been on it for almost 2 years. The WD's were definitely worse last time, but they only lasted about 12 days.

You sound great for day 6! And it actually seems like you were pretty good starting day 4. I'm a full believer in what pot does. Luckily it's legal where I'm at! But it definitely helps you get stuff done, sleep and eat! I also have a toddler, a very very active 21mo old boy. It's hard to keep a happy face for them. Especially when you just CAN'T get up. But luckily making yourself is the way to go and they make you do that! Day 2 I was home all day.
ANYWAY! Congrats! Please keep us updated! I'd love to see how similar our symptoms are only a couple of days from each other, with you jumping from a higher dosage. I'd also love to offer my support (:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:11 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks Guys! I am day 7 today and monumentally better...Still got the tummy stuff and didnt sleep great for the first time last pm. Other than that doing really well!
MamaMonkey...you got this girlfriend...keep pushing thru!!!