It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is maybe my 3rd try in getting off the Subs, but my motivation is greater that it ever has been. I was introduced to Subs after 4 back surgeries and workers comp insurance just dropping me from pain management. My workers comp insurance got screwed by Health South, 1st surgerian, and a couple other pain management places, so I was dropped. The sub treatment was a loop hole for pain treatment but I still had to pain out of pocket, and I have for the past 7 plus years. With the average of about $600.00 a month out of pocket I have decided enough is enough. Even though I make a pretty good living, Im tired of being teathered to this cycle.

So day 7 is a little better than day 5, but still cant seem to get the engery to get out of bed... Im currently taking a host of other pills to help the withdraws which seem to be helping. No real sleep, but thats nothing rally new, dry mouth and stopped up nose and a little shakes is the only discomfort as of now. I have only been taking the subs for pain management and never have had a drug or drinking problem so the withdraws may not be as bad as others.

So good luck to the other here fighing this and a big congrats to the ones who have beat this cycle and been able to come back here for words of encouragement.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello TonyPaul and welcome to the forum!!! I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so hot, but I am certainly
glad to hear that you aren't doing as bad as you could be. I totally understand not wanting to be tied to
the whole cycle anymore. I think that most of us can.

You have come to the right place to get comfort, and all of the support that you need. This is a great forum with
a lot of great members. I hope that you stick around a while and get some of your support here.
If you have any questions, comments, or just want to vent, feel free to post as often as you like, and we
will all help in any way that we can! Good Luck to you~Take care![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good luck tonystrong. Each day gets better and easier. Even if its tough to get out of bed, you should consider going for walks. That really helped me get through both mentally and physically. It gives you a sense of introspection and you really find out about yourself during the walking.

Plus, it will give you energy that you don't feel like you have. Pushing yourself in ways you normally wouldn't is a great way to heal yourself.

Keep it going. It's going to feel really good soon.

CHARLIE

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tonyPAUL! haha. Damn autocorrect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hang in there tonypaul :wink: :wink: :wink:

your doing great!!!!
Im still on suboxone, just so you know. I dont have much personal experience tapering. just the few times I couldnt afford my meds and had to grin and bear it. LOL

Anyways, just wanted to give you some encouragement 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for coming on and giving a down-to-earth, honest post. Thats great for people who would like to know what to expect.

how long did you taper for?
and how low did you get to?

if you dont mind, answering, and giving some more information, it might really help somebody else considering jumping off suboxone.

Thanks again. and dont forget to keep checkin in :wink:

YOU CAN DO THIS

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

amber4.14.11 wrote:
Hang in there tonypaul :wink: :wink: :wink:

your doing great!!!!
Im still on suboxone, just so you know. I dont have much personal experience tapering. just the few times I couldnt afford my meds and had to grin and bear it. LOL

Anyways, just wanted to give you some encouragement 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for coming on and giving a down-to-earth, honest post. Thats great for people who would like to know what to expect.

how long did you taper for?
and how low did you get to?

if you dont mind, answering, and giving some more information, it might really help somebody else considering jumping off suboxone.

Thanks again. and dont forget to keep checkin in :wink:

YOU CAN DO THIS

Thanks for the encourgement! As for the tapering, I went to the Dr on day and got home and decided hey Im ready to quit. I thought to myself- Im going to just see how long I can make these 45 8mg film strips last before I have to go to the Dr again to talk about detox. Kinda my own pretaper program. I was at 1 1/2 films a day, I immediately went to 1 film a day for about 4 days, then I went to 3/4 a day for about 3 weeks, then I started just taking a very small piece when I started to feel some signs of withdraw.

Did that for about another 2.5 weeks, then I started to see how long I could handle the withdraws with out any amount of subs which was about 24 hours at first, after that I was able to stretch a small maybe 1/4 piece of film every two days. Now to be honest toward the end I was feeling bad most of the tiime but it wasnt full on withdraws.

I made it almost 3 months before I had to go see the Dr. again, he was mad because I didnt tell anyone what I was doing and I guess he was mad cause he missed 2 months of my money... For me getting the professional help (a real plan) to quit is the only Im able to be doing this.

Now almost fully into day eight Im feeling pretty good, a little tired and my back is hurting quite a bit (but Im laying on a heating pad= alot better) but no real bad withdraw symptoms. It is still unknown if Im going to be able to sleep tonight or not :(