It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay, first and foremost I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with all my questions about induction!

I'm currently taking 4mg sub daily with 2-3mg Klonopin/Ativan. I have no withdrawal symptoms but I'm not the "same" as I was on methadone. I don't feel right. I have no energy, I don't want to deal with anyone, my head pounds, and I feel stupid and zombie-like from the benzos but it's the only thing that helps with the anxiety I'm still feeling. WILL THIS EVER END?? Will I ever be complacent and happy as I was on methadone? I have bipolar depression and one of the reasons I went on methadone in the first place was because it took away all depression and anxiety, besides, you know, the massive heroin habit :shock: (I'm also on low level Risperdal). I haven't eaten much since the induction and already lost 5 of the 60 pounds I've gained on methadone. I feel alone and needy, and it's annoying my "side piece" guy I date. I was never like this before on methadone. I feel the need to be around people yet don't want to deal with them at the same time. It's very uncomfortable and any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What was your methadone dose? I went from 25 ml/day of methadone to 8 mg/day of Suboxone, and I felt fine right away. But looking back, I wish I had started at a lower Sub dose, to speed up my taper off Suboxone (it's been over 5 months now, grrrr).

My experience was that Suboxone allowed me to experience feelings that Methadone kept buried; but now that I'm down to .5 mg/day of Suboxone, my feelings are intensified greatly, and it's taking some getting used to.

Once you get stabilized on Suboxone, I bet you'll feel great, and be glad that you switched from Methadone. If I can give a word of advice; if you switched to Suboxone as a way of help getting off Methadone, check out the experience of other people who've gotten off Sub, and get a solid taper plan ready right at the start.

-- JI

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Methadone made me feelingless .I felt so inhuman , unable to feel or identify with anyone else's feelings .Detoxing was a religious experience for me almost.Getting all those human feelings back at once in a huge rush .Feelings you forgot you even had . Suboxone allows you to feel somewhat human. I find that all opiates , even light ones take away your basic human feelings. BTW .. I switched from 80mg methadone to sub after a 90hr detox.I had zero issues.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:26 am 

Hi bpeters, Welcome! This is my advice to you.....take your time with suboxone! Find the lowest dosage that works for you and stay there. Allow yourself the time to heal physically and emotionally and then begin a taper plan. When I say time to heal emotionally, I mean that I think it is so important to examine what got us here? What is it that we may or may not be looking for an escape from? What changes can be made to decrease the emotional pain level we have that drove us to addiction? This is the time for a twelve step program, smart recovery, individual counseling, here, whichever way you think will work best for you! Good luck and please stick around, let us know how you are doing!