It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 8 jumping at 1mg
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:36 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am writing this as I had to call in sick today. Background-Was on and off full agonist for 3 years and sub for 3 years. Tried to use a short course of methadone to ween off a couple months ago as the mental fear of taper was tough. Took methadone for a week and threw the rest out. Still had a few sub, so when I couldn't sleep-back to the subs. Then I tapered from 2mg down to .5 then back up to 1mg when I said enough is enough. It's been 8days and what a roller coaster! Day 1, 2, 3 were tough, but not unbearable. Nothing like a full agonist. I am using the Thomas recepie and clonidine. Day 4, 5, 6 I was almost fine! At about 85%. Loving the musc, emotional etc. Day 7 sucked and today (day 8) feels Worse than day 1-3. Bouts of anger, tears, slight panick. What the hell! I just want to be normal!!I am so close to callin my doc to get back on, but I won't! Anyways just wanted to tell my story-so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:39 pm 
Hey Sub,

I'm on day 8 too! Congrats! I jumped from 1 mg too and it's been rough. It's crazy how the w/d comes in waves with the sub. It's like right when your feeling like your on the upswing then your right back down again. I'm pretty sure I've read that kind of how days 7 to 9 or 10 can be. Hang in there, you've come so far and your thru the worst of it (I hope!). Hopefully by
Monday we'll both be feeling close to normal. Keep posting on your progress and stay strong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 pm 
Hey OP, congratulations on 8 whole days!!

How long were you on Sub, exactly? From what I can tell, it wasn't long, and you are looking at a slightly different animal than "Suboxone withdrawal" per se. That's just if it was less than a couple weeks on Sub.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the reply! Today I woke up day 9 and feel better than yesterday. I slept 8 hours-with the help of ambien. I am extremely grateful for this! Also, I have had a relative appetite the whole time. Yesterday I kept having what I guess you can call panick attacks every couple hours. I look at it is that's when I am doing the most healing :? Hang in there as well! We will make it. We will find strength in pain and be better people for it. "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You ARE doing really well. You will get these ups and downs with Sub detox, and sometimes the withdrawal may come back outta the blue. It's a funny drug like that. But as you said, if you look at it like it's a healing process, then that can help you push through. Sub is a sticky drug, and binds pretty hard to our body fat, so it takes some time to purge. I liked to imagine that every time those withdrawals raised their head, it was the feeling of my body "pushing out" the remaining traces of Sub. It reminded me that it was all a part of getting well, and that eventually I would feel well.

Also, this desire to call your doc to get back on Sub is nothing but a craving for Sub. Just like a heroin addict in early recovery often craves heroin. Buprenorphine is no different in that regard. If your goal is to live Sub free, then you gotta be strong and deal with those urges to get back on Sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:25 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Tearj thank you. I have felt borderline normal ( whatever that means) all day, but I felt pretty leveled out on day 5, 6. Day1,2,3 were tough. 7, 8 were ridiculous. For me, it's been anxiety, rls, and pretty much dwelling on my predicament. When it's bad I feel like I am alone, never going to feel better, angry. Just an overall sour dysphoric mood. As addicts, it seems like our mood for the day is determined by our state of mind no matter what the actual circumstance is. That's why it's comfortable to induce a good mood with a substance. It's tough to confront the ups and downs of life after being in the driver seat in determining our state of consciousness for so long. I pray I have turned a corner and I can stop putting my wife, my mom and other members of the "support staff" through this. Its dawning on me that the real work starts when my receptors are healed and free to bind to once agin to the bad stuff. Have to have a plan. Anyone with tips on how to stay clean for 1 year, 2 years, 5 etc would be greatly appreciated. again, thank you for this forum. Just getting how we feel of our chests seems to be tremendous help.