It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 4, Jumped at 1mg
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I wasnt really planning on starting a thread myself but im really having trouble with today and thought it might help to just get something out. I guess ill start by saying i was a heavy oxy user for 4-5 years before beginning suboxone. Once i started dabbling in heroin and watching my closest friends losing their lives to it i decided to quit and get on suboxone. I relapsed once shortly after getting on the suboxone. My mom during this time was a godsend she saved my life. Its been 5 years and 6 months since that day. Everyday with suboxone. Started on 24mg didnt know about the ceiling effect and the doctor didnt either. I tapered down to 8mg before this doctor screwed me over. Immediately found a replacement but had to buy subs off the street to keep myself clean. Obviously not a complete story but the parts i didnt share i put behind me a long time ago. Anyway new doctor went every 3 months. They decided to cancel my appointment one month because the doc was going on vacation i decided than and there that it was time to taper. I picked up my remaining 3 scripts over the 3 months. I didnt quite do a slow taper. Towards the end when i was running out i very quickly jumped from 4mg to 1mg over a few weeks. Was only on 1 mg for 4 days. Now here i sit day 4 having a really hard time. Ive got infinite frickin goosebumps, im hot and cold all at once, strange pain through my shoulders and neck area and into my arms. Not as optimistic as i was feeling yesterday. I think i jumped the gun on thinking i was over the hump yesterday. Barely eaten a thing since i jumped. I actually lost 15 pounds before jumping because i had lymes disease and might possibly still be feeling those effects. I lost another 4 pounds since jumping. Im already a skinny guy so this is worrying me. Ive slept 10 hours since jumping. During the day ive been taking an hour dip in the pool most i can stand at a given time. Hot showers have seemed to help but havent really today. Just got some boost powerade and a multivitamin so im hoping things will start looking up. I dont know how active ill be here on this thread but i needed to do something i feel like im losing my mind.

Post subject: Re: Day 4, Jumped at 1mg
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Buddy, sounds like you came down pretty fast, the upside of which is that you'll be thru your detox quicker, rather than stretching out your taper, which can be pretty challenging too. If you've come this far, you can make it.

Read Trainer's thread to see her progress, she jumped at 2 mg/day, so you should have an easier time of it.

Can you get some clonidine? That helped me with the worst of my jump symptoms, especially sleep (you're sleeping now, but you probably won't be before long, though you will generally feel better by that time).

Good luck.

-- ji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BuddyNugg wrote:

1. strange pain through my shoulders and neck area and into my arms.
2. i feel like im losing my mind.

Hey BuddyNugg!
Thanks for starting a thread! Good for you.

1. You are the first person that I can recall reading here that has that symptom besides me! I know EXACTLY what you are feeling!! Most seem to get it in the legs. Mine started between my shoulder blades and radiated out my arms. Drove me nuts! Clonidine and lots of hot baths help!! It won't last forever---just a "memory" for me now. Hang in there!!
2. IMO the fact that you have the clarity to evaluate what you are going through and post about it shows that you are not actually losing your mind. (Of course if you think you are REALLY losing your mind please call someone for help!)
Keep posting!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Could the 'strange pain' be tension? I definitely felt a lot of tension in my stomach during my late taper/early jump.

Never got the 'lost my mind' feeling, but then again, but that's probably because I did lose my mind ages ok (if any happens to run across it, please PM me :mrgreen: ).

Buddy, I found it helpful to post every day early in my jump. Good to get this sh*t out in writing, and you'll get some good feedback.

-- ji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Buddy. You are gonna ride a tidal wave of emotional ups and downs early in your detox that changes hourly. I would feel like I made a mistake, was never gonna get through the day but then an hour later, feel better and be more positive and motivated to stay the course. It truly is 50% physical, 50% mental. When I felt so shitty, my body was screaming and I thought I was gonna jump clear out of my skin, I would jump in a hot bath. All wds symptoms instantly cease in a bath. Its amazing what hot water can do.

white knuckle it and hang on. It does get better. You are not gonna feel like this forever, I promise. It might feel that way now, but trust me, things ease up. Try to take things in half hour increments. Every 30 minutes, get up and walk around, even if you feel like total ass, get the blood flowing, then sit down, read a book, magazine, post here, etc anything to busy your mind and repeat. I would walk up and down two flights of stairs every 30 minutes to take my dogs out, then come in, sit down and go "ahhh". Walking the stairs felt like mt everest but I did it all day long.

Hang in there!!!! It gets better. Keep your eye on the prize!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The first week is definitely the hardest. I tend to whine even still in my own thread, but the truth is I know how much better I am doing after 20 days. I think I just enjoy feeling sorry for myself. Like others have said nothing has helped more then being active for me. I remember dreading going back to work after having my 1st week off, but the truth is I feel the best I feel all day after finishing my shift. I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your mind off the WD's.

I wish you all the best and I really hope you make it. I have really struggled with my WD's, but I honestly feel if I can do it anyone can. Lean on anyone and everyone that you trust and will help you through this process. I don't think I could have done this without the help of my mother and I am so thankful that she is still in my life.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Almost day 5 :D. Last night things went a little better. Finally was comfortable to lay in one spot for more than 10 minutes and actually got a little bit of sleep. So grateful for those however many minutes or hours i got. Truly couldnt even say how much it was i refused to look at the clock. Im now sitting here just read all your guys encouraging words and i feel pretty good that the worst might actually be behind me here. Dont want to jynx it but I havent felt this good physically since the jump. Ive got a doctors appointment in 5 1/2 hours and might look into some Clonidine. Will pick up a BP cuff if I go that route just to be safe. Mentally im feeling pretty robotic atm. Dont have any enthusiasm to do anything but im sure thats just normal since i got my first real bit of sleep and food in yesterday in 4 days. Best thing so far is the lack of goosebumps they were driving me crazy. They pop up every now and than but dont stay for long. Ill update a little later as I head into Day 5 :D.

Thanks for your kind words everyone. Ive been reading all your threads since i started my jump and they really have helped me get through some tough spots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Buddy, happy day 5 to you.

When I took Clonidine at night to help sleep, it tended to make me feel fuzzy the next day, which sucked on work days. So it was the lesser of two evils; no sleep or feeling fuzzy the next day. A couple of days during the end of my taper, I felt so crappy that I took Clonidine during the daytime, and it helped a lot.

Good news that you've experienced an improvement, but if your detox goes like mine, it will be up and down for awhile, with a general upward trend. Not something I'd want to do again anytime soon, but not nearly as bad as I feared it would be.

Keep posting, get sleep when you can, and never forget that you're doing something amazing for yourself. Since getting off Subs 27 days ago, I haven't looked back once.

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive got work off til ill be going into day 9 and i have a backup vacation week i could use if things arent looking up too much. I actually got some more sleep downstairs when i layed down after a hot shower. My anxiety is super high and ive got firehose shits. Im only gonna get the clonidine if i really need it but might ask for Ativan to take the edge of this anxiety off. Not alot just a 2-3 day supply. Also any idea on what to do about the shits? Its terrible lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Imodium AD will take care of the shits. It's OTC. If I were you, I'd also invest in some baby butt wipes. Those things will make a red ass smile!!

Clonidine will knock your anxiety down and it's much safer for an addict over Ativan. Clonidine is non-addictive, so no worries there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

There is no better drug than clonodine for opiate withdrawal. Go that route. Ativan is not only addictive, but not nearly as helpful as clonodine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Since my doctor isnt my suboxone doctor she refused to give me Ativan or Clonidine and instead gave me a very low dose of Zoloft to try and help with the anxiety. Im taking half a 25mg. It has helped a tad but not much. My blood pressure was 120/80 when i went which is why she said there was no need for anything like clonidine. I did manage to sleep some more after i came home. Still finding it hard to get up and do anything especially with the shits now rearing its ugly head. Picked up some Loperamide (pretty much Imodium AD) but it hasnt helped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Buddy, will your family doc prescribe Clonidine?

One alternative for sleep I Vicks Nyquil, which is non-narcotic. Apparently it's the antihistamine ingredient that helps with sleep. It worked for me, the few times I tried it.

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep, the poo stew sucks!!!

Attachments:
images-23.jpeg
images-23.jpeg [ 12.08 KiB | Viewed 636 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

1 hour away from Day 6. Tossed and turned all night but did get some very broken sleep. Funky ass dreams. Anxiety is lower but still there. Still got the runs a bit but the Loperamide has helped. Dont think i want to take anymore of that Zoloft unless my anxiety gets real bad. Appetite seems to be coming back a bit. Managed to pick up some multivitamins and omega 3s to go along with my boost and toast meals. When this is all over with and my appetite is back im ordering so much damn food. I miss eating real things. Still have no enthusiasm to get up and do anything. Actually less than i had the first couple days. I do feel insurmountably better than i did on Day 3-4. Goosebumps are off and on sleep is there but broken, hot and cold feeling is off and on, the runs are like half there but i think im over the hump. Dont want to jynx it but heres to things looking up a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BuddyNugg wrote:
1 hour away from Day 6. I do feel insurmountably better than i did on Day 3-4.

Hey BuddyNugg! Hurray, almost to Day 6! Yes, by the sound of it you are most likely through the "worst" and it will just get better from here. It won't happen overnight, but day by day you are healing!

A word of warning about the Zoloft!!! If you do not HAVE to take it, I would stay the "f" away from it!!

I took Trazadone for "sleep" for about 10 days, which is a little similar, and it messed with my brain, and then I had to deal with THAT on top of the sub withdrawals.

My husband was prescribed Zoloft in rehab, and he has been "stuck" on it for YEARS!! He gets "brain zaps" when he tries to quit- nasty nasty shit imo. He is tapering, but I have read that these types of drugs are the worst to get off of!!!

Stay strong!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks BF. Yes i decided to stay away from it today. I think ill be staying away from it altogether. I always hear terrible things about Zoloft. Its more of an anti depressant and less of an anti anxiety medicine so I really dont think itll do much for me anyway. My anxiety is down compared to yesterday and is manageable. Just been sitting here watching movies staying hydrated and finally eating something other than boost lol. Upgraded myself to grilled cheese :D.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whatever you do, steer clear of beef lo mein!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lol Trainer ive learned from all your guys threads what not to eat. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, heed Trainer's advice. She's our local "poop" expert!! :lol: