It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:16 pm



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:55 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Holy Smokes DB, heck of a choice!! We used to play band in our basement to that Triumph song.

Here's another "cover" we did, we always rocked this one with our hockey stick and tennis racket guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6iQ2_dvlc&feature=kp

How are you guys doing?

no_boop---Lemmy scares me.

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 am 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 311
no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:


ha too funny, some music trivia, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz26fcmq3S8


Damn, haven't heard that one in ages. Not as prolific as Rush but another good Canuck, trio band...

...back to the stream of semi-consciousness for a drink; more trivial pursuits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFplKXKnnk

keep trooping Carpe diem :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:18 am 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 311
Romeo wrote:
Holy Smokes DB, heck of a choice!! We used to play band in our basement to that Triumph song.

Here's another "cover" we did, we always rocked this one with our hockey stick and tennis racket guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6iQ2_dvlc&feature=kp

How are you guys doing?

no_boop---Lemmy scares me.

ha lemmy is crazy, I am doing very well, I have not heard that song in years romeo, ha, I woke up this am feeling fully rested, no ill feeling at all. my mind is all over but I thing its normal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:14 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Romeo wrote:

How are you guys doing?

moi? Today I've mostly felt like a dog turd that's has been in the sun so long, it's been bleached white. Yesterday I felt like high_dollar fertilizer. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like putting grass at a golf course.
30 Days in The Hole. Blues of a 'high jumper'. I read about a guy who jumped at 8 and broke on thru, so its all relative. I stopped counting after day 14, but the 7th was launch time
Romeo wrote:
no_boop---Lemmy scares me.
Har :D I guess he does scare me a little too, come to think of it, but its a good thing when the mood strikes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:20 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
finito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BpsxczxNFo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:49 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
"Hey, no_Boop, it still beats kicking a two bundle a day H habit in county jail, by a longshot. Count your bloody fucking blessings."

It's okay if I talk to myself, but bad if I talk back to myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:09 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Be strong and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqO8LpE0GU4

Dude, of course it's ok if you talk to yourself....it's actually a requirement here!! :D

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:38 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Romeo wrote:
Be strong and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqO8LpE0GU4

Dude, of course it's ok if you talk to yourself....it's actually a requirement here!! :D




*Whew* ..maybe they aren't coming after all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0VMDmGdx0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:05 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
PS,


Throw sauerkraut at the Debbil! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMrAbPSUhA4


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:02 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 311
hey boop, how are you doing, great I hope, yeh rob zombie guitarist is a virtuosos, flat out, check out his solo work if you like that style its less rob, eh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhYif4ZRqRk keeping in there :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:54 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
dirtyblonde wrote:
hey boop, how are you doing, great I hope, yeh rob zombie guitarist is a virtuosos, flat out, check out his solo work if you like that style its less rob, eh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhYif4ZRqRk keeping in there :!:


Glad you moved this over here. It occurred to me we were starting to 'hijack' the other thread :oops:

I already checked some more of John 5, in the suggestions list in the sidebar. I think Rob mostly went for a signature sound, image, and KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid), for mass appeal. I never listened to a lot of his music though. Maybe live, John was given some "let 'er rip" time with solos?

Very choice Steely Dan tune! Reminded me of a some of my morbid suicide musings. Going out with a bang alone (sorta like a suicide bombing, but not kill anybody) on an elevator. Have to get the amount of explosives just right so elevator continues operating. What a surprise when the door opened in the lobby. I'd do it someplace special to make a political statement. :lol: KIDDING, BIG BOTHER!

Your taste in music seems as eclectic as mine, judging by the range of tunes you've shared.

As far as the no (more) bupe. I didn't do much of a taper at all, so still suffering somewhat. Mostly bone aches and lethargy now, physically. Normally, I have a relatively minor case of bipolar (somewhere between bipolar II and bipolar III), and can manage without medication most of the time, but at some point withdrawal set off a roller coaster, but it seems to be winding down into a depression. I just counted, its after midnight in my locale so technically start of day 21 even tho insomnia has me up past my bedtime. I'll give it a little more time, but if it keeps up, I'm thinking Wellbutrin might help for awhile, since it's primarily a mild dopamine reuptake inhibitor, and opiates have a large impact on that particular "big 3" of the neurotransmitters (serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine). I was on it months, not many years, so I might get a surprise and rebound soon to something resembling normalcy, without a med kickstart.

Quote:
Dopamine Function When Opiates are Added

This animation shows what happens to dopamine transmission when an opiate drug such as heroin or morphine enters the brain’s reward pathway.The opiate, shown in red, binds to opiate receptors on another neuron, shown here at the right. (The reason that some neurons have special receptors for opiates is probably that there are naturally occuring opiates in the brain.)

link: http://neurogenesis.com/neuroscience/ho ... the-brain/


Anyway, for now, checking in on here, good tunes, and the knowledge that this is temporary are some of what keeps me going. Oh, I did throw my "emergency subs" into the toilet yesterday, when I was feeling really rough. I'd kept them around thinking if something serious came up where I had to be fully functional, I'd better have some on hand. But yesterday was first day I had a craving since stopping. A craving for relief tho, as opposed to getting high, but nonetheless, I figured time to dump them and remove the easy access factor. I think of something serious comes now, I'd be able to summon enough resources to take care of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:20 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Wow, congratulations on dumping the extra Sub's. That's a big step.

You mentioned Wellbutrin and I wanted to let you know that I used Wellbutrin a few times during my PAWS. I'd start it, stay on it a few weeks, then stop. I did that 2 or 3 times. Each time brought me a bit closer to where I wanted to be. Eventually I settled in on an exercise routine and things have been pretty steady since.

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:57 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Hey Romeo. I really appreciate you chiming in!

That sounds like a good plan with the Wellbutrin. If I go with it, I think I'll do it the same way as you did, just to get over humps as a kick start, and avoid habituation. I've had ambition to become somewhat of a gym rat but haven't taken the first step yet in that direction. I'm not in terrible shape, not overweight, ok cardiovascular from bike riding, but still out of shape, in the sense of needing to tone up, maybe put on a little weight -- but muscle rather than fat.

Then I think I'll start a business. Corporate office cleaning. Hire some good girls. Oh gawd, it would almost, but not quite, like being a pimp! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-R9S1m4dA


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:42 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
If those are your cleaning ladies, I'll be your first customer!!! :D

(just don't tell my wife about it) :wink:

_________________
Be kind to yourself. Our character defects do NOT define who we are!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:07 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 311
no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:
hey boop, how are you doing, great I hope, yeh rob zombie guitarist is a virtuosos, flat out, check out his solo work if you like that style its less rob, eh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhYif4ZRqRk keeping in there :!:


Glad you moved this over here. It occurred to me we were starting to 'hijack' the other thread :oops:
Your taste in music seems as eclectic as mine, judging by the range of tunes you've shared.

As far as the no (more) bupe. I didn't do much of a taper at all,.
yea, that is why I move it back to your thread. I post my moods and how I feel. on thing about john 5 he said he lets he guitar speak for him, no effects, he does it all by hand, wow. I try and post my moods with music. you are going to come around real soon, that's what I believe. your motive is what it takes, and you think, post survive. :!: :!: :!: :!: I want to thank you for helping me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:09 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 311
Romeo wrote:
If those are your cleaning ladies, I'll be your first customer!!! :D

(just don't tell my wife about it) :wink:

wait romeo, me first me first, haha. you are too funny.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:59 pm 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More

Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 8:58 am
Posts: 39
Question to all of you - I have not been doing so great. Unfortunately I rarely turn on the radio so music is not transforming to me (however I do love the voice show)..:)

Anyway, I have tried to stretch my days but aside from a couple weeks ago where I managed to put 48 hours together, I tend to go all day then crash either around 6:30p /7p or wake up after I fall asleep and take about .25.

Now, after a couple days of this...going all day pushing myself for that little relief later, I now am finding myself breaking to taking .25 in early day then .25 alittle later - total of .5.

So I guess I need to taper now, right?

I am not sure if it is because I am 53 and a woman or what. I am not finding it motivating music and I find saying I will feel better if 14 to 30 days dreadful as Im struggling with 24hrs.

I so admire you and BD, Romeo and the countless others. I want to be one to that "hangs in there". I have bought the Boost, Ensure, Pedialite (thanks BD, I actually really like the Pdialite..lol). I am taking a B complex vitamin and drinking V8 everyday. I have been able to do my walks and even a few of my high end hikes (I am an avid hiker, or used to be). Seems like the hikes only come when I take my dose late at night (still gives me energy in am). I even found myself thinking I may be out of the woods a couple days as I felt basically no ill affects other than as the day wore on I got weaker and weaker and depressed. UGH.

If you all can tell me what motivates you when you are so weak. I try to keep myself busy but can't excape "me". Unfortunately I am still with myself when I finally get home and have even made it to bed a few days only to wake up at 1:30am or so and say "enough" and take a sliver.

I am now sick of going all day so took .25 this morning and another one later in day. I have not taken more than .5 (I can say that) and many days only .25.

Sorry for the ramble.

Maybe I should just start a taper at this point. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Atleast I can say Im eating now and going to meetings.

Biggest issue: lack of energy and depression, and the restless neck/arms at night (some nights).

P.S. I was told by a gal in AA that Neutronin helped her (it is an anti seizure med) but she said it really helped her in withdrawal to sleep at night and helped with the RLS. She couldnt take the Clonidine which I cant either. Clonidine left me feeling even more weak in am and headache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:08 pm 
Offline
6 Months or More
6 Months or More
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 11:09 am
Posts: 256
Hey, I think I accidentally posted wrong, and am trying to fix it; sorry!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:10 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
dirtyblonde wrote:
Romeo wrote:
If those are your cleaning ladies, I'll be your first customer!!! :D

(just don't tell my wife about it) :wink:

wait romeo, me first me first, haha. you are too funny.
:lol:


For you and Romeo, the first one is on the house 8)
-----


Quote:
"This video has been age-restricted based on our Community Guidelines"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK2ufYZHAkc

***


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:36 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Karen123 wrote:
Question to all of you - I have not been doing so great. Unfortunately I rarely turn on the radio so music is not transforming to me (however I do love the voice show)..:)

Anyway, I have tried to stretch my days but aside from a couple weeks ago where I managed to put 48 hours together, I tend to go all day then crash either around 6:30p /7p or wake up after I fall asleep and take about .25.

Now, after a couple days of this...going all day pushing myself for that little relief later, I now am finding myself breaking to taking .25 in early day then .25 alittle later - total of .5.

So I guess I need to taper now, right?

I am not sure if it is because I am 53 and a woman or what. I am not finding it motivating music and I find saying I will feel better if 14 to 30 days dreadful as Im struggling with 24hrs.

I so admire you and BD, Romeo and the countless others. I want to be one to that "hangs in there". I have bought the Boost, Ensure, Pedialite (thanks BD, I actually really like the Pdialite..lol). I am taking a B complex vitamin and drinking V8 everyday. I have been able to do my walks and even a few of my high end hikes (I am an avid hiker, or used to be). Seems like the hikes only come when I take my dose late at night (still gives me energy in am). I even found myself thinking I may be out of the woods a couple days as I felt basically no ill affects other than as the day wore on I got weaker and weaker and depressed. UGH.

If you all can tell me what motivates you when you are so weak. I try to keep myself busy but can't excape "me". Unfortunately I am still with myself when I finally get home and have even made it to bed a few days only to wake up at 1:30am or so and say "enough" and take a sliver.

I am now sick of going all day so took .25 this morning and another one later in day. I have not taken more than .5 (I can say that) and many days only .25.

Sorry for the ramble.

Maybe I should just start a taper at this point. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Atleast I can say Im eating now and going to meetings.

Biggest issue: lack of energy and depression, and the restless neck/arms at night (some nights).

P.S. I was told by a gal in AA that Neutronin helped her (it is an anti seizure med) but she said it really helped her in withdrawal to sleep at night and helped with the RLS. She couldnt take the Clonidine which I cant either. Clonidine left me feeling even more weak in am and headache


It sounds like you're well armed, Karen. I don't know what to say about tapering, it's not my area of expertise, heh. I just got it in my mind that I HAVE to do this, no matter the withdrawal prices to pay.

The clonodine can be harsh. I most often broke mine in halfs during day. I barely take it now since I'm over the bouncing between sweats/cold chills. I take a full one at bedtime, still. The Neurontin (generic name is "Gabapentin"). sounds like a possibly good idea. Also, there is a med called "Lyrica" (generic name is "Pregabalin"), that is basically Neurontin on steroids. It is 6 times stronger and cleaner insofar as side effects/toxicology.

Quote:
"It was designed as a more potent successor to gabapentin."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregabalin

***


Its like a step down from benzos. In the US, its a controlled substance, but low on the list, Schedule V. In the EU, it is approved for anxiety. Again, see:

Quote:
Anxiety disorders

The World Federation of Biological Psychiatry recommends pregabalin as one of several first line agents for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, but recommends other agents such as SSRIs as first line treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. It appears to have anxiolytic effects similar to benzodiazepines with less risk of dependence

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregabalin


***


If you can get Lyrica/pregabalin and use it wisely, that might work a trick, with the sleep, restless leg, and some other symptoms. If not, Neurontin/gabapentiin might help just as well, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group