It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Zep's best song (imo) seems to be a fit for me today....

Quote:
Oh, all I see turns to brown as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand as I scan this wasted land
Tryin' to find, tryin' to find where I've been, ah-ah, ah-ah

http://youtu.be/nQH3LtNePgI

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Zep is my favorite band, this is my fave by them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdOEindANdY&feature=kp

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:49 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
Day 9.

Slept horrible last night, but I slept. Not sure how many hours, maybe 5, but fitful, lots of waking and difficulty getting comfortable. Better than none, tho. Feel like caca today, but I've felt worse. I'm guessing around two weeks I'll be out of the woods, and start taking tyrosine and b6 so I have more energy. Then I can rejoin world of the living. Been using "flu" excuse to avoid obligations and so people leave me alone.

you guys are keeping me going thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you seems so strong.. lets do this I starts the L-tyrosine last night
:D

I had the same even with clonipine and trazadone. I wake every hour but I have trained myself to not look at the clock. hope the help and the clonidine if you don't want my life works. I have found comfort in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etjP5BNwHLE there is a longer version that much better but I could no find it online.

Last edited by dirtyblonde on Thu May 15, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:13 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Romeo wrote:
Zep is my favorite band, this is my fave by them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdOEindANdY&feature=kp

but you cant beat zep, hell yea this is from coda I I feel its about jimmy's addiction with heroin, which he concord without any means we have today. He struggled for about 5-7 years before getting clean it was an original Otis rush song they converted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDd2TiMbXLQ

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:16 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

they used to say jimmy would get so bad the could find him for months. then bam someone called him a junkie in public and he cam out with a vengeance.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:31 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Day 9.

Slept horrible last night, but I slept. Not sure how many hours, maybe 5, but fitful, lots of waking and difficulty getting comfortable. Better than none, tho. Feel like caca today, but I've felt worse. I'm guessing around two weeks I'll be out of the woods, and start taking tyrosine and b6 so I have more energy. Then I can rejoin world of the living. Been using "flu" excuse to avoid obligations and so people leave me alone.

So here is to you great a night of sleep , without the pin prick thanks for the support https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7cuAjArRs I was at this show will never forget it

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:54 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

get ready ............. :D for a new day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXmyFJ25hM that should get you steppin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:

"Nobody's Fault But Mine" ...ain't that the truth!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
get ready ............. :D for a new day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXmyFJ25hM that should get you steppin

Good one... "Back In The Saddle" in the queue!

Good to see ya on here DB.

I'm better than I was earlier. I took a HOT epsom salt bath this afternoon. Sat in there about half hour, had a space heater in there too for sauna effect. didn't even put my head underwater but hair was drenched with sweat, when I put a wrap on the bath, and rinsed off with shower. Worked wonders, my bones were aching prior. I ended up falling out and napping on sofa for a few hours.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Damn, I haven't listened to I Can't Quit You Baby in years.....Zep just smokes everything they touch.

Comfortably Numb by Floyd gave me a chuckle. Back in my weed days, I couldn't listen to Floyd because I'd get so into the song, it would give me the spins and I'd end up puking. Truth.

Love Aerosmith and the Pumpkins too.

I listen to this one when I work out, it always pumps me up like mad. Make sure ya turn it up loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscfeQOMuGw&feature=kp

Hey boop, I've heard epsom salt is great during wd. I never tried it, but wish I would have. I love how you added the space heater for the sauna effect. Genius!! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Damn, I haven't listened to I Can't Quit You Baby in years.....Zep just smokes everything they touch.

Comfortably Numb by Floyd gave me a chuckle. Back in my weed days, I couldn't listen to Floyd because I'd get so into the song, it would give me the spins and I'd end up puking. Truth.

Love Aerosmith and the Pumpkins too.

I listen to this one when I work out, it always pumps me up like mad. Make sure ya turn it up loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscfeQOMuGw&feature=kp

Hey boop, I've heard epsom salt is great during wd. I never tried it, but wish I would have. I love how you added the space heater for the sauna effect. Genius!! :D

lol! I love that Monster Magnet song.

Quote:
Built in my nightmares and using my name
You're stroking my cortex and you know I'm insane
I'm squeezed out in hump drive and drowning in love
Encompass them all to a position above

how'd he come up with those lyrics!? Too much DMT!? :lol:

Def a good one for a workout playlist. I plan on hitting the YMCA when im up to it. They built a new one nearby and it has all the modern workout equipment, sauna, huge pool, etc... Membership is a great deal.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

how'd he come up with those lyrics!? Too much DMT!?

That would be my guess! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Day 10.

GOOD M-O-R-R-R-R-N-N-G V-I-E-T-N-A-M ! ! !

http://youtu.be/wuk8AOjGURE

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Day 11.

Yesterday was rough. I slept semi-okay last night, but woke up WIDE AWAKE, with anxiety.

Dunno why but this Warren Zevon tune popped into my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ig-RShZ6m4

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds like you need a little bit of this, you'll go from :( ......to this...... :| ......to this....... :D !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&feature=kp

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Sounds like you need a little bit of this, you'll go from :( ......to this...... :| ......to this....... :D !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&feature=kp

Good morning, Romeo. Mr McFerrin...perfecto. Feel better already :)

I think part of anxiety was surveying my apt. Normally I'm a bit of a neat freak, and I let things go while going through WD. Place looks like a tornado came thru. Cleaning it up will give me something to do.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Boop, this is Karen (you, Romeo and DB have posted a few times on my thread). I just wanted to stop in and say I continue to follow your progress as although you are "ahead" of me, I am so encouraged and proud of you.

I finally bought the boost. I also splurged and bought B Complex vitamin supplement, Lysome (I was looking for the Ltyrosine everyone talks about but couldnt find it). Not sur if the Lysome will do anything but it said on bottle for protein and amino acids. I am NOT a believer in vitamins, I have always felt by the time they get it mass marketed to a pill that sits on the shelf for who knows how long it is most likely yeast in a capsule. BUT, at this point, I just need more energy.

Today I feel much better. For me, I have reduced to taking a small sliver but Im still in detox which is good. The old me would have NEVER been able to handle such a small dose. The last couple days it barely made any difference so Im close again to going without. I dont know if it is just the fear of having what happened that last time I wigged out (day 8) or what but it helps me mentally and emotionally to know I can take just a bit if it gets too much.

I have been stretching out my day more and more and have been making meetings EVERY day. Last night was my first NA meeting - it was all young people. UGH. But they were so loving and everyone hugged me after the meeting. I almost got up and left as I felt no way can I relate to all these young people (Im 53). BUT, I did it. There was one guy that had just recently quit Sub. He said he just tapered until he felt he didnt need it anymore and he shrugged it off as no big deal when I talked to him. I think I am just super sensitive to everything.

Anyway, didnt mean to talk about me. I am hoping you are doing great.

Are you taking any supplements besides the boost? Are you taking anything at night or comfort meds? I absolutely terrified to take comfort meds as I felt the clonidine made me feel worse the next day and made my lack of appetite worse. I have my appetite back. Eating on schedule although small.

Funny, I refuse comfort meds but still taking a sliver of sub. UGH!!!! I guess that is my comfort.

Thanks again for your posts and you will be 30 days soon!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[quote=Karen123]Anyway, didnt mean to talk about me. I am hoping you are doing great.[/quote]

Hi Karen. I don't mind at all if you talk about yourself. Good to hear from you!

Day 12 for me. Still not feeling anywhere near 100% back to normal. Last few days have been the roughest I think. I think the damn boopranorafiend has a 1/4 and and 1/8 life too, heh. I did manage a 3 mile walk yesterday. I wore Doc Martin boots instead of light sneakers, and the lethargy was so bad they felt like heavy army boots.

I do have some meds, but I don't really have anything I'd call comfort meds; maybe I'd call them "take the edge off meds".

Clonodine, which i break in half cuz they overwhelm me otherwise. An strong antihistamine called "Phenergan" that helps dry up my sinuses and stop the sneezes, and is good for nausea too. Phenergan is also supposedly calming, but if it is, its nearly imperceptible to me.

Worst symptom is lethargy. Aches and pains too but I keep 'em down to dull roar with tylenol and advil (but cheaper store brand, generic versions). Other ones aren't too bad, GI over-activity, etc.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:04 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Worst symptom is lethargy. Aches and pains too but I keep 'em down to dull roar with tylenol and advil (but cheaper store brand, generic versions). Other ones aren't too bad, GI over-activity, etc.

yea that lethargy sucks, feel like I am strapped to lead boot. the GI sucked yesterday, just could not eat, it was all boost. today eating real food yea...........

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey DB and Boop, I think I told you both I finally purchased the boost. It is helpful.

I have always been against supplements (just couldnt wrap my head around a dusty pill that sits on a shelf how it could still have any nutritional value) but out of desperation I tried a multi vitamin, BComplex and probiotic (I had some stomache issues too).

I dont know if that was part of the reason but yesterday had so much more energy.

I have been praying too and reminding myself God is greater than this issue.

You both are doing great.

I took just a sliver yesterday - not sure what it is but basically I take a 2mg film and put a ruler to it. It equates to 13 notches, so I take one notch and split that in half. took a skinny sliver of that mid morning yesterday and then again last night.

Not perfect I know but hope to get rid of that ASAP.

I am not sure why I still get scared so much to go completely off.

I guess I am at a low taper then compared to you.

I do feel that when i take it it barely does anything so hoping my detox is still happening so when I stop I dont have to go through the 8 days again. Romeo reassured me as long as I keep it lower and lower (dont go up) I should

I also have been stretching out as long as I can.

The only reason I took a sliver last night was because of the nerves at night (I will try not to do that tonight).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next