It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you would be perfect as an addiction counselor imo.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rca1004 wrote:
Why don't you use some of this "unexpected" extra time to write your memoir and / or some kind of layman's "manual" to Suboxone use, tapering, withdrawal, etc. Just a thought.....

I'm reading tech manuals to learn how to program this robot for our needs, to help with the resurrection of fam biz, but maybe I can fit that in :p

Just arrived last week, got it at bargain, at a surplus auction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtKNLhRgTI

It's a biotech related biz.

Last edited by no_boop_shoo_be_doop on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

trainer14 wrote:
I think you would be perfect as an addiction counselor imo.

Hi Trainer! That would be extremely rewarding work.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
rca1004 wrote:
Why don't you use some of this "unexpected" extra time to write your memoir and / or some kind of layman's "manual" to Suboxone use, tapering, withdrawal, etc. Just a thought.....

I'm reading tech manuals to learn how to program this robot for our needs, to help with the resurrection of fam biz, but maybe I can fit that in :p

Just arrived last week, got it at bargain, at a surplus auction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtKNLhRgTI

It's a biotech related biz.

I'm not getting paid anything for any time devoted to the kick-starting the biz again, budget is so tight, my mother is barely making ends meet right now, especially with the new automated gadgetry purchases.

So writing a book and make some quick bucks? What would be a good title for the subject matter you mentioned, RCA? Suboxone and Tapering For Dummies? :P Actually if I wrote such a thing, I'd put it out for free on the 'net somehow, blog form, and/or maybe a kindle download link.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:21 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So writing a book and make some quick bucks? What would be a good title for the subject matter you mentioned, RCA? Suboxone and Tapering For Dummies? :P Actually if I wrote such a thing, I'd put it out for free on the 'net somehow, blog form, and/or maybe a kindle download link.

Yes, perfect!! :lol: You got an actual "out loud" laugh from me today- thanks for that!
Putting it out for free would be a good way to work "step 12", no? You could just ask for "donations", then keep a percentage, and give the rest to a charity of your choice? Just a thought...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rca1004 wrote:

Yes, perfect!! :lol: You got an actual "out loud" laugh from me today- thanks for that!
Putting it out for free would be a good way to work "step 12", no? You could just ask for "donations", then keep a percentage, and give the rest to a charity of your choice? Just a thought...

That's a good idea. Frankly, I'm not up to writing something as comprehensive as a layman's sub and detox manual right now, but maybe later when things begin to begin to smooth out with the arm/shoulder recovery. Right now, the only thing that inspires me to write, is the human interaction on forums, even though I have written a few short stories in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Suboxone and wd for Dummies....PERFECT!! I love it!! lol

Hey boop, that's a small style gantry robot you linked to. They're pretty straight forward as far as programming goes. Have you ever done any programming before? If so, the language for the robot is probably similar to what you already know, just gotta get the syntax correct. Unless it's got a GUI with block programming, then it's a real breeze.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh hey Romeo, didn't know you were tech nerdish! I didn't even know the type of robot is also nicknamed named a gantry ('til you told me), but I can see how that fits. Reminds me of trivia, that Thomas Jefferson had all kind of 'gantry' style rigs in his crib, ropes and pulleys, to get food up to his master bedroom and such, lower his chamber pot, etc. lol. "Cartesian coordinate robot" is the 'official term'.

My past IT work has mostly been sys admin stuff, but yeah, I can manage some minor programming if I have reference materials to help. This one should be a piece of cake, since yes, I can use a GUI, it actually interfaces with Windows. 3.1 though! ITs an older model (2000, the 3000 is a newer model) but in perfect working condition; many are still in use today, and replacement parts are still available. Will create a virtual machine to run windows 3.1 and get 'er done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I google searched Biomek 2000 earlier this afternoon and the user manual came up!! I was actually a bit surprised. Anyway, I breezed through it and saw it's basically block programming. Most all of the functions are right there, you just kinda plop 'em in there. But, it also looks like there's some higher level stuff if ya need it, which is always nice to have.

We have gantry style and 6 axis (articulated arm) robots where I work. These things are pretty big. The gantries are capable of lifting 300lbs plus. The 6 axis can move twice that.....and fast!! Watching one crap out and smash into one of our machines is always high in entertainment value. A robot that weighs into the thousands of pounds nailing a machine that weighs better than 100 tons.....both lose, but the robot loses more. LOL

When the robots were first introduced in our building, I took an interest to them. My programming history is BASIC, Visual BASIC and C++. Our automation guy was strictly PLC, but the gantry's, our first robots, were more of a command line thing. So, I helped him with the programming a bit.

BTW, tech nerdish....yeah. The first computer I programmed on was an Atari 800XL (think Commodore64). That bad boy had 64K of memory!! I thought I was the shit! lol

Also, it looks like your robot has a simulator program, I'd use the hell outta that!!! Better than smacking the shit out of it in real life....unless you're into that kinda thing. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yawwwwwn….

Haha.. jk. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pain med update, I took one this morning (that usually when its worst and what wakes me up, since they are short acting and don't carry me through the night), then was gone all day, just got back.

Had a follow up visit with doc, he took more xrays and saw some healing progress, and that was encouraging. He thinks in two-four weeks I'll likely be able to begin some limited physical therapy to gradually increase arm mobility, so this ordeal will hopefully be over in at least half the time it took for my not-so-distant previously mangled foot to mend up. It seems more painful though than even foot did at this stage, due maybe to a combo of factors. Recent sub detox (so opiod receptors not healed up), and fact it can't be completely immobilized, etc. After appt, to which my mother drove me, I stopped over at her new biz location to do some preliminary putzing, than she took me grocery shopping, and I loaded up. Ol' Mister Hubbard's cupboards are no longer bare, we (well she, I held doors open with left arm) had to use a mover's hand cart to get all up to my apt, without making a bunch of trips. I couldn't have managed without her, with just left arm. She is tough for her age, stronger than many women half her age, and still a work-aholic, I have trouble keeping up with her sometimes on my good days, she seems tireless. I hope I have half the stamina she has, when I hit 60.

So anyway, long day, barely any pain meds except AM dose, and arm was screaming bloody murder when going over bumps in the road, on the way home, argh :(

I was over-tired all day too, as, speaking of tech work, I was up late last night helping a neighbor do some upgrades on his mac, and he is also a musician, and he had some new wireless gadgets to run his guitar thru his mac, for special effects, recording and mixing, and he needed help hooking that all up too, then I dallied as we got into shop talk about playing music and such. LOL, at how he paid me: he gave me a can of the kind of mace/pepper spray combo that is used by riot police and is illegal, but there are some rough areas where I live, and he felt bad that I only have one arm, cuz if I'm out walking, I'm now more of a target since I look more vulnerable with arm in a sling. Even tho illegal to have (or at least carry in public, not sure of specifics yet, but not too concerned) in my State, I won't hesitate to use if needed, it will spray a cone pattern 15-20 feet and take down a pack. I just won't stick around for the aftermath of them writhing on ground screaming, if worse ever comes to worst (I tend to doubt it will, especially if I'm always in by dark, but one never knows these days, as shit happens in even the best of neighborhoods, in this particular State of the Union, cuz it still has high unemployment rates). Only downside is I have to be aware of any headwinds of course since face won't be shielded like riot police obviously, but it'll do.

But anyway, it will be a two pill day, today. Since I was able to make it through much of day, I think I'm going to start semi tapering soon, by trying to keep it down to no more than three a day consistently, when I can take up to four, so I will have some extra to taper down with even more semi-slowly if needed, when the doc is through with prescribing. That's the plan anyway, and going to try my best to stick with it, as I want to avoid a more long, drawn out suboxone and WD again (but as said earlier, will seek help if I get any crazy urges to stick a rig in my arm when all is said and done with arm/shoulder injury and pain meds).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
I google searched Biomek 2000 earlier this afternoon and the user manual came up!! I was actually a bit surprised. Anyway, I breezed through it and saw it's basically block programming. Most all of the functions are right there, you just kinda plop 'em in there. But, it also looks like there's some higher level stuff if ya need it, which is always nice to have.

We have gantry style and 6 axis (articulated arm) robots where I work. These things are pretty big. The gantries are capable of lifting 300lbs plus. The 6 axis can move twice that.....and fast!! Watching one crap out and smash into one of our machines is always high in entertainment value. A robot that weighs into the thousands of pounds nailing a machine that weighs better than 100 tons.....both lose, but the robot loses more. LOL

When the robots were first introduced in our building, I took an interest to them. My programming history is BASIC, Visual BASIC and C++. Our automation guy was strictly PLC, but the gantry's, our first robots, were more of a command line thing. So, I helped him with the programming a bit.

BTW, tech nerdish....yeah. The first computer I programmed on was an Atari 800XL (think Commodore64). That bad boy had 64K of memory!! I thought I was the shit! lol

Also, it looks like your robot has a simulator program, I'd use the hell outta that!!! Better than smacking the shit out of it in real life....unless you're into that kinda thing. :)

Damn dude, Atari800XL (think Commodore64? Aren't those collectors items now?). Yeah you are old school nerdish alright! :D

Dang, those 6 axis robots sound like beasts! The way you described it, I wouldn't want to be in the way of one when it takes a crap. Talk about the industrial strength shit hitting the fan! Sounds like you work in an interesting place! Well, maybe, I dunno, To a newcomer at least, but anything can seem like drudgery at times, after the "familiarity breeds contempt" factor sets in. A lot had to do with coworkers I've found, from the time I worked and lived on ships. I did relief work, when somebody needed a personal leave because of a death or other family crises, vacation, or was injured. I could be doing the exact same job on one ship as another, and depending on the crew, it was either "hey, I wish I didn't have to leave, I like this gig", or, I couldn't wait to pack my bags and tear outta the port. All guys mostly, but some ships were a big dysfunctional family.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What the hell? The "PS" post was supposed to come after the above post. Talk about lag, "let's do the time warp again.."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What the hell? The "PS" post was supposed to come after the above post. Talk about lag, "let's do the time warp again.."

And now, the "PS" post is missing, and it showed as submitted. I think my mind is playin' tricks on me. Can't even find the posted comment by hitting the browser's "back" button. I can remember what I typed out tho, basically what I said, with quote:

Quote:

PS,

"Damn dude, sounds like you are more ready to get it up and running than I am. 'preciate the tip.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Firefox gave me a pop up message about updating to version 30.0 right after the above series of posts, I think that is what interfered with my sends and such. I need to turn the reminder off, and just remember to check manually for updates on occasion, as such things have a way of causing havoc while in the middle of something. So that's my excuse. Fortunately I wasn't working on anything mission critical.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

A lot had to do with coworkers I've found, from the time I worked and lived on ships. I couldn't wait to pack my bags and tear outta the port. All guys mostly, but some ships were a big dysfunctional family.

Hey boop, great job on managing the pain meds! Sounds like your head is in the right place and you are using them responsibly, and learning to "deal" with pain. Keep it up! :D
BTW, I also worked / lived on ships for many years! Sounds like we worked on different kinds of ships, but a ship is a ship! I was fortunate to work as an entertainer on luxury liners, so pretty easy life, saw most of the world, anyplace with a port that is. I was out of the States most of the time, so I feel like that experience really helped me form more of a "world view". I was shocked to learn how much of our news is "propaganda" , and how truly isolationist and out of touch with the rest of the world most of the USA seems to be (or I was at least!). It was an "eye opening" experience for me. Did you get to see many places, or were you on a set itinerary or anchored/ docked in one area? Also, I lived in Europe for awhile. I am really grateful though to be an American citizen. Although "nobody is perfect", we do live in the land of plenty, and although opportunities here are not always as "equal" as they should be, I believe there is more opportunity here than in most places. I always tell my kids just to be grateful they were born where they were born- luck of the draw! I have seen some extremely beautiful, wealthy, well organized places, and also some tragic, desperately impoverished areas. It was always disturbing to me to get back on the ship and all the 'luxury' and just "sail away" with out helping some how. I have a government job right now, and feel drawn/ called to additional public service, especially in areas that benefit children and / or teach non-violent conflict resolution. Sorry to have kinda went off on a tangent here; I like "talking" to you, and am always interested to hear what you have to say! :D
rca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer, your post made me laugh so hard I almost pee'd my pants. Gosh it's good to have you back, Bud!!

no_boop, you run Firefox? I run IE6 without any hic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

up's

LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:10 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

rca1004 wrote:

That's a good idea. Frankly, I'm not up to writing something as comprehensive as a layman's sub and detox manual right now, but maybe later when things begin to begin to smooth out with the arm/shoulder recovery. Right now, the only thing that inspires me to write, is the human interaction on forums, even though I have written a few short stories in the past.

Hey Boop, how is this for a "Subtitle" to "Suboxone and Tapering For Dummies":
"What to Expect When You're Detoxing" (Like "What to Expect When You're Expecting"?) But instead of a "happy, expectant, beaming mother-to-be" on the cover, you could have a "shivering, sweating, shitting, drug addict!?" :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rca1004 wrote:
rca1004 wrote:

Hey Boop, how is this for a "Subtitle" to "Suboxone and Tapering For Dummies":
"What to Expect When You're Detoxing" (Like "What to Expect When You're Expecting"?) But instead of a "happy, expectant, beaming mother-to-be" on the cover, you could have a "shivering, sweating, shitting, drug addict!?" :P

Hahaha! Good ideas. And an image of something like Elvis, shortly before he died on the toilet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FPb2yN5Xm8

(I know, I'm rotten to the core :lol: )

BTW, banana and peanut butter sandwiches (one of Elvis's dietary mainstays) are good while detoxing, banana potassium for electrolytes, peanut butter for protein. (somebody, please stop me).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next