It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 6, jump from 2mg
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep I read every one :-) I try to identify in some way with everyone' s story.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
Yep I read every one :-) I try to identify in some way with everyone' s story.

Very cool. I'm glad you're on here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Right back at ya boop!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Damn boop, how many cars did you hit on the way down? Holy Smokes, man!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Damn boop, how many cars did you hit on the way down? Holy Smokes, man!!!

haha, Romeo! (it hurts when I laugh too hard but I don't care!) I fucked those cars up pretty good, with my Iron Man muscles!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Been perched at my computer overtime, since my injury...

...sometimes, it's lonely in cyberspace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc6H2azeBGI

(but not always)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey boop, how ya feeling today? OMG those pics of your arm- OUCH OUCH OUCH!! Poor baby!! :(
Love your new avatar (I was a music major) :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:50 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yowza boop! That's pretty gnarly! Nice job though in regard to the pain meds and keeping them to a minimum. Man, I see your situation and it reminds me to not complain about anything I'm going through! All my best wishes for speedy recovery!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh--I also wanted to tell you that I loved the story about "Haunch"!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

At least you didn't beat the hell outta those cars with your face!!

K, you need some get up and go music, try this one on for size....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4aob4zlhIk
Attachment:
514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg
514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg [ 14.12 KiB | Viewed 268 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rca1004 wrote:
Hey boop, how ya feeling today? OMG those pics of your arm- OUCH OUCH OUCH!! Poor baby!! :(

I almost was. In highschool, I was in marching band (drum section leader, on tri-toms), symphony band (clarinet), and jazz band (drums again, full drum kit). My high school's music program was well funded at the time. I was accepted to go to Berklee College of Music in Boston. It's more of a contemporary music school, as opposed to classical training, and the curriculum covers things like soundboard/mixing training as well. They have an impressive list of alumni though for a college as opposed to classical university training, and a great route to social network in the music biz. Like an idiot, I never followed through, even after going out their to sign up and eat some clam chowder at my hotel. Why? Because of a first love sweetheart who said she would follow me out there, and later changed her mind, so I stayed home to be with her.. and of course the relationship ended soon after. I should have recognized her changing her mind about going to Boston with me as a bad sign, and just gone without her. I did some 'professional' work in wedding and bar bands for awhile after, anyhow.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mama79 wrote:
Yowza boop! That's pretty gnarly! Nice job though in regard to the pain meds and keeping them to a minimum. Man, I see your situation and it reminds me to not complain about anything I'm going through! All my best wishes for speedy recovery!

Thanks, Mama.

And, glad you liked the Haunch story.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
At least you didn't beat the hell outta those cars with your face!!

K, you need some get up and go music, try this one on for size....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4aob4zlhIk
Attachment:
514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

Heh, I did have somewhat of a black eye, but it cleared up fast. The Motley Crue tune reminds me of my days riding motorcycles. Used to have a '72 Norton Commando that I restored, and my roommate was in an outlaw club, which I hung with sometimes, at the clubhouse and on some runs. They all had Harleys, but didn't mind my Norton since it wasn't a "rice burner". I never joined though. Seemed too much like joining the mafia in some ways. Was some crazy days when looking back, but seemed fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
rca1004 wrote:

I almost was. In highschool, I was in marching band (drum section leader, on tri-toms), symphony band (clarinet), and jazz band (drums again, full drum kit). My high school's music program was well funded at the time. I was accepted to go to Berklee College of Music in Boston. It's more of a contemporary music school, as opposed to classical training, and the curriculum covers things like soundboard/mixing training as well. They have an impressive list of alumni though for a college as opposed to classical university training, and a great route to social network in the music biz. Like an idiot, I never followed through, even after going out their to sign up and eat some clam chowder at my hotel. Why? Because of a first love sweetheart who said she would follow me out there, and later changed her mind, so I stayed home to be with her.. and of course the relationship ended soon after. I should have recognized her changing her mind about going to Boston with me as a bad sign, and just gone without her. I did some 'professional' work in wedding and bar bands for awhile after, anyhow.

You don't need a degree to make music! I know you can't play with your arm all f----ed up, but were you/ are you still making music? If you were gifted with the talent I believe it is vital to spiritual health to continue expressing yourself this way. (tri-toms are super cool btw, I "dabbled" a bit- tough, (for me anyway) So, you are a drummer, anything else? I was a voice major (jazz), plus play guitar and piano; I was a professional entertainer for many years in my "past life" (pre-motherhood), and have taught music as well. For the past few years I've been living musically/ vicariously through my kids who are both musically inclined (my son is a drummer, like you!), now as the sub "fog" is lifting, I'm starting to make music again (just for me :) ) and I think it is really helping me heal. Hope you have an outlet as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rca1004 wrote:
rca1004 wrote:

You don't need a degree to make music! I know you can't play with your arm all f----ed up, but were you/ are you still making music? If you were gifted with the talent I believe it is vital to spiritual health to continue expressing yourself this way. (tri-toms are super cool btw, I "dabbled" a bit- tough, (for me anyway) So, you are a drummer, anything else? I was a voice major (jazz), plus play guitar and piano; I was a professional entertainer for many years in my "past life" (pre-motherhood), and have taught music as well. For the past few years I've been living musically/ vicariously through my kids who are both musically inclined (my son is a drummer, like you!), now as the sub "fog" is lifting, I'm starting to make music again (just for me :) ) and I think it is really helping me heal. Hope you have an outlet as well.

Funny, I had just picked up a bass guitar shortly before accident. I dabbled with it like you did on drums, and intend to get good at it when the arm ordeal is over. I've also sang out front a few times, but other than that, mostly back-up vocals. Drums are probably what I'm best at as things stand now. I haven't touched a clarinet in so long, I don't know what I'd do with a reed instrument, even though saxophone has crossed my mind at times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0wGO3c2T8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Rca said:Love your new avatar (I was a music major) :)

Boop said:
Funny, I had just picked up a bass guitar shortly before accident. I dabbled with it like you did on drums, and intend to get good at it when the arm ordeal is over. I've also sang out front a few times, but other than that, mostly back-up vocals. Drums are probably what I'm best at as things stand now. I haven't touched a clarinet in so long, I don't know what I'd do with a reed instrument, even though saxophone has crossed my mind at times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0wGO3c2T8

Rca says:
Way cool- hope you can get back to the bass asap! Ya, brass, woodwinds, not my expertise, I do LOVE sax, but don't play. I say "go for it", but you're gonna need two hands for that too- maybe just 'sing out loud' while listening to tunes for now?

Couple things- first, your user name just "struck" me yesterday (duh)- No_boop = No Buprenorphine!- clever! 'Nother thing, I was "contemplating" the symbolism of your "Coda" avatar. Is it just because you are a musician, or is there deeper meaning? Do you feel like this is the "Coda" of your drug use? The "Grand Finale"? Or "The ending"? "Coda" in Italian means "tail", which I am sure you know. Just curious.....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rca1004 wrote:
I was "contemplating" the symbolism of your "Coda" avatar. Is it just because you are a musician, or is there deeper meaning? Do you feel like this is the "Coda" of your drug use? The "Grand Finale"? Or "The ending"? "Coda" in Italian means "tail", which I am sure you know. Just curious.....

I was thinking loosely of "the end" of drug use. Very perceptive of you. I suppose the bike wipe out and broken arm/shoulder injury could be a dramatic "Grand Finale". If I had more clean time off sub and wasn't so sensitive to pain, I might have given it a go without the meds, but not sure, it is pretty severe compared to other injuries and dental issues I've had, where I went without pain meds. Still not going over the prescribed amount. If tempted, I play the fast forward scenario out, of running out the meds, increased tolerance, and having none to dull the pain, and WDs hand in hand. Would be hellish. Plus, I think a little bit of pain is good, insofar as if I move my arm a certain way and get a jolt of extreme pain, its a signal that I'm aggravating the injury (its difficult, as sling doesn't totally immobilize it), which I wouldn't get if I was totally numbed out.

Maybe the Italian "tail" is most appropriate (tail end?). I find etymology interesting, and often punch words into this site: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=coda

I'm sure I'll have some WD issues when this is over, but the injury healing and being able to semi function is a priority right now. I don't think I'll return to subs to deal with it, unless I get extreme cravings of the "use a needle and some H" kind (which I doubt, but never know for sure until the day comes). I'll just use some comfort meds if needed, and put up with it, it will be more intense for short time maybe, but I'll be grateful arm/shoulder is mended and deal with it, knowing it won't be nearly as drawn out as sub withdrawal. Extreme pain can slow the healing process for a variety of reasons. I'll have to stop using Ibuprofen soon, as its only recommended to use them heavily for first week or two of bone breaks, to reduce inflammation, as NSAIDS are known to retard the process of bone mending.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What kindof work are you into boop. You should be writing news articles. No joke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

h0pe wrote:
What kindof work are you into boop. You should be writing news articles. No joke

I'm kind of a jack of many trades, adept at a few, type. Currently, odd jobs. Lucky to have enough cash to get by while I'm down for the count.

Last steady job was at a family business that was doing very well, 200K a month in sales. A chain of events led to bankruptcy of the LLC. My mother, who has an MBA and owned the biz, got breast cancer - but beat if fortunately, none of the cancer got into her lymph nodes or ducts. Then a supplier she relied on went under in the bad economy, and in her scramble to find a new one, she lost lots of customers, who needed her product on time, and ended up switching to competitors.

I mostly handled the IT work there, but also production and building maintenance (was a huge building in a research park, 1/3 of an acre, two stories, so space was rented out to other businesses as well).

She is working on rebuilding the biz under a new corporate identity, but its in infancy stages. She is going to make the component she bought from a supplier herself this time, so she doesn't have to worry about one going under again, plus it will be more profitable that way, not having to rely on the markup of a critical supplier.

I've also done tool and die work in the Motown area for the auto industry, home remodeling on my own, worked as a merchant mariner, musician, etc., etc.

You aren't the first to tell me I should go into journalism. I'd love doing it, I think.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

h0pe wrote:

I'm kind of a jack of many trades, adept at a few, type. Currently, odd jobs. Lucky to have enough cash to get by while I'm down for the count.

Last steady job was at a family business that was doing very well, 200K a month in sales. A chain of events led to bankruptcy of the LLC. My mother, who has an MBA and owned the biz, got breast cancer - but beat if fortunately, none of the cancer got into her lymph nodes or ducts. Then a supplier she relied on went under in the bad economy, and in her scramble to find a new one, she lost lots of customers, who needed her product on time, and ended up switching to competitors.

I mostly handled the IT work there, but also production and building maintenance (was a huge building in a research park, 1/3 of an acre, two stories, so space was rented out to other businesses as well).

She is working on rebuilding the biz under a new corporate identity, but its in infancy stages. She is going to make the component she bought from a supplier herself this time, so she doesn't have to worry about one going under again, plus it will be more profitable that way, not having to rely on the markup of a critical supplier.

I've also done tool and die work in the Motown area for the auto industry, home remodeling on my own, worked as a merchant mariner, musician, etc., etc.

You aren't the first to tell me I should go into journalism. I'd love doing it, I think.

Why don't you use some of this "unexpected" extra time to write your memoir and / or some kind of layman's "manual" to Suboxone use, tapering, withdrawal, etc. Just a thought.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next