It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Took 8mg sub after 20.5 hours of last short acting use. Felt better within 2 hours but had bad hot flashes and pain. Took another 4mg and felt better. Hot flashes returned quickly. Woke up on day 2 (10 hours after last sub dose) and was feeling some chills, hot flashes, and pain. Took another 2mg sub. I'm feeling ok but still rather crappy. I think hot flashes are a side effect of the sub but not sure. I'm wondering if more sub will help or not.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm Not an expert just want to disclose that lol..
So if I can ask what was your drug of choice and what was it that you last took? ..Then what did your DR prescribe for you to take once you waited until you were in WD to begin the Subs?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:31 pm 

Thoses are good question s, Id like to know the answers too.
Ill say this though, your still needing to stablize so I would take more suboxone at this time. Get up to your daily dose as RX.
Your body is in transformation today. It may take some time to get to the feeling of wellness that sub will give you.

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Do I just post a reply on my own post to respond? I didn't get notified that anyone answered my post, so I'm just seeing it now. Doc is H. .5-1g per day tar but only snorting. This is a 2 month relaspe. I've had much worse iv habit in the past and it was headed there. I got a full life with responsibility and cannot risk it and decided to try sub. I couldn't get into my induction doctor appt until tomorrow so I got subs early. I took 12 mg first day, 8mg second day, and only 6mg today. I'm feeling off but amazed at the power of sub to curb cravings. Truth is I feel afraid to be on anything more than 4 or 6mg a day. I have been split dosing because That seems to help right now. I have heard the dr I'm going to tends to start on 8mg a day once per day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Being on suboxone 8, 12 or 16 mg is so much better then the alternative. Ok, so you haven't been to a doc for suboxone therapy..?? When you see him or,her just take and do exactly what they tell you to..
I didn't do it in increments when I was inducted. My drug of choice was oxycodone but would take any opioid pill..They started me on 16mg a day at once for first month ..then I've since been on 12mg..I never had to take several pieces throughout the day to get inducted.

Anyways good luck to you and just do what the doc suggests and adjust accordingly but keep them informed.