It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello im a 44yo female, i just started my induction yesterday morning at the Dr's office. Everything went well, & much smoother then even I had hoped for.
Now I just want to say that when I went yesterday morning I was already sick, as in I was going on my 3rd day of having the Actual Flu. So I was not & still am not sure if what im feeling now is the Flu or if its still part of my induction.
I Started my induction at about 9am yesterday, I left the Dr office at around 12 Noon, came home, called the Dr office back to go over my Cows & was decided that I needed to take 1/2 a film so I did. I called the Dr office back an hour later & my Cows score was much lower so I was told I did not need to take another film & to call back 4pm. About an hour & a 1/2 later i feel my head getting more & more stuffy, my head is pounding, im coughing up flem more & more so I decide im gonna try & get some rest. I took about a 2hr nap then woke up burning up. I waited around 10 mins then took my temp & it read 101.8. I waited another 10 mins then took my temp again & it came up the same temp. So I called the Dr office back & told the nurse how i was feeling & about my temp. I also tell her I am not sure if this is related to my induction. She called the DR then called me back saying the Dr wanted me to take something for the fever & to call back in an hour.
I did as i was asked, then took my temp & it brought it down 1 degree. now my temp was 100.8.
I call the nurse back & let her know what my temp was, she was glad to see my temp go down & says to call her back in 3 hrs unless my temp gets back up again, It never did.
However my head was still pounding, i was still coughing like crazy, still could not breath very well, & still had chills.
I finally fell asleep, woke up at 5am this morning feeling much better, but as each hour went by all the above symptoms started kicking back in. I call the Dr office at 8am & i was asked if I felt like I needed another film? I said i did not know, she asked if we want to ck back at 10am I say yes.
I call back & we go back over the cows & was told to take 1/2 a film. I did & started to feel a little better, but I almost feel like the Flu symptoms are worse today then yesterday.
I am not and have not had vomiting or diarrhea it's mostly been major Flu symptoms.

I just don't know if what I am feeling now is the actual Flu or if its just the induction making it feel like this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Pebbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like flu to me. Not normal of induction gone wrong symptoms... I'd keep steady at a dose and wait out the sickness for a few days. Just keep an eye on the temp and make sure you're drinking plenty of water.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello & thank you for your reply.

I have been drinking alot of water & Gatorade.
& regarding the Flu Symptoms idk, the one thing i do know is each time i dosed yesterday i felt better. it ended up being 16mg for yesterday & today I took 4mg at 8am, 4mg at 11am & i was just told to take 2mg & i have felt better with each dose.
Dont get me wrong, I still clearly feel like i have the Flu, just Not as bad after each dose.

I hope that does not mean im gonna end up taking 16mg a day.
Ive been off pain pills for 3years now, doing it all on my own, i put myself on Methadone, then slowly ween that down to 20mg a day. stayed on that for a month then went to Suboxone yesterday.

I just dont want to make this harder on myself then it needs to be. its been a long haul till now, I just want to finally see that light at the end of this tunnel, ya know.

Sincerely, Pebbles

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I just got off the phone with the Dr office again. Ive taken 10mg so far today & was told to take another 2mg which will bring me to 12mg.

Why is it that each time I dose today I start to feel a little better then i start feeling like crap again within a few hours?

Are they trying to figure out what dose is going to work?
What if I still feel like crap even after they decide what dose to keep me on, would they still keep me on a dose that is still making me feel crappy?
I know im probably just freaking out a little, you just read so many stories & so many are different. Some are good, some are bad.
I just know there is no way I can do my job feeling the way I do right now :(

Sincerely, Pebbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:36 pm 

Hey Pebbles....im no dr but inducing while having tbe flu seems like it would be impossable to really know just what is truely goi ng on with you.imo.
Withdraw an tbe flu..kinda seem tbe same to me.WD being worse...maybe..

I know i have no an swers on ly my opinion but finding a proper dose rigbt now would be tuff..

However, do as your dr tells you and it will work out.He/she will get you sable..try not to worry your on the right track..for real.....and get well soon ..

Razor..........

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Razor & thank you for your reply!!

Yes i was pretty sure going into the Dr office yesterday that we may not be able to know the true difference between my "real" flu symptoms & the W/D ones. But the strange thing is any time I ran out of pain pills before my script was due & i had to go with out, I dont remember having a (Headache from Sinus pressure, or Stuffy nose) It was mostly Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dehydration, Weakness, Severe body pain, Loss of appetite, & just plain ol "DEAR GOD MAKE THIS GO AWAY" Feeling. It is the worst experience I have ever been thru & I HATED going thru it each time I did.

But for some reason, Beside having Crazy Sinus Pressure & a Big time Stuffy nose the only difference from this W/D & any other I have endured is No Vomiting or Diarrhea. "Which I am very thankfull for".

Just got off the phone with the Nurse & was told to take the rest of the 8mg film which will put me back at 16mg for today!!

Now that im thinking about it, isn't 1 - 8mg film of Suboxone 3 to 4 time stronger then Methadone is? If so why would I need such a high does of Sub to keep me from having W/D when I was only taking 20mg of Methadone daily?

Sincerely, Pebbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 pm 

Ok...now your getting somewhere..i remember tbat WD feeling.your right, nothing feels like it. The Suboxone has taken away your wd..seems so..what is left is your headache an stuffy nose i e flu.?.?...Seems to me your induction has gone on xtra flu or not..congrats..if you adent having those terrible wd feelings then i feel you ve made it..i two was a pill addict. So ya, headaches an stuffy nose werent part of any wd i ever suffered....

I cant fully explain the other ?'s on dosing you have asked. Methadone to sub im not really sure of the numbers. The medications are much different from one another as ive learned here..16mgs is common at induction. Although you may not need this much later on.. i dont want to interfear with what hour dr is doing for you...but do this, go over to tbe Suboxone Talkzone. It is on this site. And you can find posts written by this forums owner Dr Junig..Also go to U TUBE and find his vidios . Addi tionRemission is what you need to look for.. wish i could be of more help, but you sound like you have made it so far. If you dont think you need another 8mgs cut it in half and only take 4mgs. .again i do t wa t to step on your drs orders. .but whatever makes you confortable..

Good luck and maybe try some over the counter things for your acheing head an stuffed nose!!!!!

Razor..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Razor & thank you for the reply again.

I feel MUCH better today : ) It's like night & day. I still feel a bit weak but i hope that will go away soon. I ended up taking 20mg yesterday & when I called the DR office this morning to check in the nurse told me that Dr said my dose is 20mg daily. Why?????
I didn't question it as Im not a DR, but I am questioning it now. I've taken 16mg today & feel fine. Not 100% fine but better then I did yesterday that's for sure. & I understand you not being able to answer the question on the difference in dosing between what im on now & the 20mg of methadone I was on prior to starting this Induct. But i'm hoping someone will come along that will know the answer.

Thanks again Razor, hope your having a great day!!

Sincerely, Pebbles