It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone,

I signed up not too long ago, and I have a question that I was not able to find in any previous threads. I believe it is relevant to this thread topic. If I am mistaken, I do apologize.

I began taking opiates in 2007, after I 'Dukes of Hazard' my lifted truck off a guard rail and down a 60 foot cliff somewhere in California. Needless to say, I was very drunk and also had taken a high dose of Clonazepam too. After being flown to the ER and some major surgeries, I was released 5 weeks later, with a script of 90 Oxycodone 30mg IR pills, and a date to appear in court for a DUI. Thankfully, to my surprise, my lawyer was able to get it down to a Reckless driving charge.

Let's fast forward some. I became addicted to opiates after months of recovery, all the while taking 90mg of Roxicet each day. I ended up moving to another state, and was unable to find a doctor who was willing to give me a script similar to the one I was on. I eventually found a connection for my fix. Like many before me, I progressed into the mother of them all, The Big H.

Year's fly by, I somehow continue to be a functioning addict and make my living as a Security Consultant to online companies. Out of nowhere, a moment of absolute clarity struck me, l needed to get clean. Surprisingly, this moment of clarity happened only 7 months ago.

Whether it was pride, or pure stubborness, I went through withdrawals all on my own, (accompanied by my Boxer named Dutch). BUT, here is where I made a mess of things. During my early withdrawals, I began taking a so-called synthetic opiate known as Tramadol (Ultram). I should mention I had stock piled hundreds of these pills over time. Anyways, around day 2 of my withdrawal, I took (5) 50mg Tramadol. Within an hour, I was feeling not too shabby, which surprised the hell out of me.

Weeks and months go by. I continue taking roughly 300mg of Tramadol a day, even after the fact I was off The Big H. For me, Tramadol made me happy, and just sorta how-do-you-say, utter contentment with life and living. Again, out of the blue, I am hit with a moment of lucidity. I think to myself: "Why do I need Tramadol? I am no longer in withdrawals". Yes, Tramadol gave me a glow, and a pep in my step, but I figured I no longer was in physical pain and I was a happy person before addiction. So without thinking clearly, I made a hasty decision, and flushed the remainder of my Tramadol down the porcelain god. Bad idea.

If you unfamiliar with, or have never experienced Tramadol withdrawal, you're very fortunate, and I envy you for dodging a pill made by Satan himself. After further research of the horrendous withdrawals that can accompany Tramadol (mainly opiate and SSRI based withdrawal symptoms), I discovered that many before me have gone, and or were going through the same anguish I was.

I read many other reports that not only is Tramadol a pain killer, but can also effect the Seratonin levels in your brain. According to many sites and articles, the only sure fire way was to taper off Tramadol as if it were an SSRI, (Very slow and steady). Great, here we go again...

Unfortunetly for me, my Tramadol supply was non-existant, and the withdrawals were rearing their ugly head. I should mention my excuse for not seeking professional help for this round of withdrawals. I was going through some financial issues that deterred me from seeking out professional help. (Remember I'm stubborn, and prideful). Not a good excuse, I know.

Now begins my true introduction into Suboxone. I had heard throughout my years, that Suboxone was a relatively safe and effective drug for opiate withdrawal and addiction. Roughly two months ago, I got a hold of (10) 8mg strips. (that's 80mg total). Okay, "cool" I thought to myself. I'll take these to get off Tramadol. I started the first day with 4mg, and after a short time I could feel most of the nightmarish withdrawal symptoms dissipate. By Day 2, and another 4mg dose, I was ecstatic that I was feeling better and could function.

Now to say that I remember how much Suboxone I took on each day after that, would be a lie. What I do know is, 80mg lasted me 2 months. Basically, what I would do, is bite off a piece here and there whenever I was feeling malaise. Exactly 7 days ago I ran out and figured I was done and could live my life free of opiates. Wrong.

I currently feel HORRIBLE, and am contemplating what I should do. Unbeknownst to me, Suboxone too, needs to be tapered appropriately, and even then I read there is a "Jump" that we ALL must take. Here I thought I had all my stuff together, but no, I was fooled again, into thinking their was another path with very little resistance.

My question is this, how is this even possible? How am I experiencing withdrawals such as: insomnia, anxiety, sneezing, goosebumps, hot/cold, diarrhea, crawling skin, restless legs from only 80mg stretched out over 60 days!? And according to the dosage and time I took it, how long will it last? It is so hard for me to believe my body could become addicted to 80mg over a 2 month time period.

I am 5'10, 200lbs
I am taking no other prescription meds and prefer to stay away from any controlled substance.
I have been using Advil, Chamomile, and Valerian Root to combat it, but to no avail.

If you've made it this far, I applaud you, and also thank you for allowing me to share my story. This site allowed me a small reprieve from my current turmoil. For that, I am grateful.

Kindly,
- Unsacred

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

unsacred wrote:
Hello everyone,

I signed up not too long ago, and I have a question that I was not able to find in any previous threads. I believe it is relevant to this thread topic. If I am mistaken, I do apologize.

I began taking opiates in 2007, after I 'Dukes of Hazard' my lifted truck off a guard rail and down a 60 foot cliff somewhere in California. Needless to say, I was very drunk and also had taken a high dose of Clonazepam too. After being flown to the ER and some major surgeries, I was released 5 weeks later, with a script of 90 Oxycodone 30mg IR pills, and a date to appear in court for a DUI. Thankfully, to my surprise, my lawyer was able to get it down to a Reckless driving charge.

Let's fast forward some. I became addicted to opiates after months of recovery, all the while taking 90mg of Roxicet each day. I ended up moving to another state, and was unable to find a doctor who was willing to give me a script similar to the one I was on. I eventually found a connection for my fix. Like many before me, I progressed into the mother of them all, The Big H.

Year's fly by, I somehow continue to be a functioning addict and make my living as a Security Consultant to online companies. Out of nowhere, a moment of absolute clarity struck me, l needed to get clean. Surprisingly, this moment of clarity happened only 7 months ago.

Whether it was pride, or pure stubborness, I went through withdrawals all on my own, (accompanied by my Boxer named Dutch). BUT, here is where I made a mess of things. During my early withdrawals, I began taking a so-called synthetic opiate known as Tramadol (Ultram). I should mention I had stock piled hundreds of these pills over time. Anyways, around day 2 of my withdrawal, I took (5) 50mg Tramadol. Within an hour, I was feeling not too shabby, which surprised the hell out of me.

Weeks and months go by. I continue taking roughly 300mg of Tramadol a day, even after the fact I was off The Big H. For me, Tramadol made me happy, and just sorta how-do-you-say, utter contentment with life and living. Again, out of the blue, I am hit with a moment of lucidity. I think to myself: "Why do I need Tramadol? I am no longer in withdrawals". Yes, Tramadol gave me a glow, and a pep in my step, but I figured I no longer was in physical pain and I was a happy person before addiction. So without thinking clearly, I made a hasty decision, and flushed the remainder of my Tramadol down the porcelain god. Bad idea.

If you unfamiliar with, or have never experienced Tramadol withdrawal, you're very fortunate, and I envy you for dodging a pill made by Satan himself. After further research of the horrendous withdrawals that can accompany Tramadol (mainly opiate and SSRI based withdrawal symptoms), I discovered that many before me have gone, and or were going through the same anguish I was.

I read many other reports that not only is Tramadol a pain killer, but can also effect the Seratonin levels in your brain. According to many sites and articles, the only sure fire way was to taper off Tramadol as if it were an SSRI, (Very slow and steady). Great, here we go again...

Unfortunetly for me, my Tramadol supply was non-existant, and the withdrawals were rearing their ugly head. I should mention my excuse for not seeking professional help for this round of withdrawals. I was going through some financial issues that deterred me from seeking out professional help. (Remember I'm stubborn, and prideful). Not a good excuse, I know.

Now begins my true introduction into Suboxone. I had heard throughout my years, that Suboxone was a relatively safe and effective drug for opiate withdrawal and addiction. Roughly two months ago, I got a hold of (10) 8mg strips. (that's 80mg total). Okay, "cool" I thought to myself. I'll take these to get off Tramadol. I started the first day with 4mg, and after a short time I could feel most of the nightmarish withdrawal symptoms dissipate. By Day 2, and another 4mg dose, I was ecstatic that I was feeling better and could function.

Now to say that I remember how much Suboxone I took on each day after that, would be a lie. What I do know is, 80mg lasted me 2 months. Basically, what I would do, is bite off a piece here and there whenever I was feeling malaise. Exactly 7 days ago I ran out and figured I was done and could live my life free of opiates. Wrong.

I currently feel HORRIBLE, and am contemplating what I should do. Unbeknownst to me, Suboxone too, needs to be tapered appropriately, and even then I read there is a "Jump" that we ALL must take. Here I thought I had all my stuff together, but no, I was fooled again, into thinking their was another path with very little resistance.

My question is this, how is this even possible? How am I experiencing withdrawals such as: insomnia, anxiety, sneezing, goosebumps, hot/cold, diarrhea, crawling skin, restless legs from only 80mg stretched out over 60 days!? And according to the dosage and time I took it, how long will it last? It is so hard for me to believe my body could become addicted to 80mg over a 2 month time period.

I am 5'10, 200lbs
I am taking no other prescription meds and prefer to stay away from any controlled substance.
I have been using Advil, Chamomile, and Valerian Root to combat it, but to no avail.

If you've made it this far, I applaud you, and also thank you for allowing me to share my story. This site allowed me a small reprieve from my current turmoil. For that, I am grateful.

Kindly,
- Unsacred

80mg over two months seems to average out to less than 1.5 mg per day (1.33 to be more precise). After 10-14 days it should start to let up and get considerably easier each day, especially since you were only using it a couple of months. So try to hang in there, you've made it considerably far already.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
unsacred wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am 5'10, 200lbs

Kindly,
- Unsacred

80mg over two months seems to average out to less than 1.5 mg per day (1.33 to be more precise). After 10-14 days it should start to let up and get considerably easier each day, especially since you were only using it a couple of months. So try to hang in there, you've made it considerably far already.

You might want to try clonodine, it is a prescription med, but not a habit forming/addictive controlled substance. I'm fairly sure you've heard of it, it's kind of a universal opiate detox aid. It helps with a lot of symptoms, and if you get the dose right so your in low end of normal blood pressure range, won't make you feel like a slug. Especially helpful at night for sleep.

It can't really hurt, but herbs like Valerian root really only seems to effect people with a really clean system to begin with, but never really helped me much with any withdrawal symptoms. Aleve/Naproxen (another OTC NSAID like Advil/Ibuprofen) might work better than Advil, and you can take Tylenol at the same time too, they work in different ways to kill pain and don't have a bad drug interaction (but keep the Tylenol to at least under 4grams a day or it can mess up one's liver, just as NSAIDs are hard on the gut and can lead to ulcers, especially if not taken with any food). And Imodium if the shits get unbearable, not much more miserable than shivering with cold sweats on the toilet all day.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the speedy reply and reasurring words no_boop. 10-14 days doesn't sound like much, but in my current state I'm sure it will be. I feel a bit guilty complaining after reading some other people's trials and tribulations. Mine seems so miniscule compared to many other members on here.

I figured Valerian wouldn't do much in my current state, but was hoping I could ride the Placebo Train. I have heard of Clonadine, and have read it works for some an other's it does not. I guess if I reach breaking point, I will pay a visit to doc asap. I will also try and pick up some Naproxen and will add a small dose of Tylenol to my cocktail.

I am still baffeled that af 1.33mg per day for 60 days is enough to feel withdrawal.

-Unsacred

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Going along with what boop said, I too did the math when you said you took 80mg over 2 months, which is ~1.5 mg per day, give or take. Oh, welcome, by the way! You are definitely in the right place as there are some amazing people on here who are tapering, getting ready to jump, of have jumped and sticking around and telling us all how it gets better! Anyways, subs are hardcore in regard to binding to those opioid receptors and 1.5 mg is a fairly high dose, even though it doesn't seem like it! It also has a half-life of about 36 hours, so while taking that amount on a daily basis, the "bathtub was filling quicker than it was draining" when referring to how much you were taking and how long it takes for 1/2 of it to get out of your system. There is someone on here who jumped from a 2mg/day dose, w/ out any meds as well, and I believe she said that after about 10-12 days she started to feel a little better, and continues to get better a little day by day. Hang tough! You have come so far and I believe you are experiencing these symptoms after 7 days simply due to the half-life of the drug, and you jumped without any taper.

I recently went back to a taper after attempting a jump at only .375! However, I wasn't really stable at the dose yet and I have a very young child to care of, so I have to keep the withdrawals to a minimum. I would suggest mild to moderate daily exercise, even if it's a 30 minute walk, vitamins including a multi and B complex, healthy foods, or at least some sort of protein powder that is organic/vegetarian that you can find at a health-food store; vegetarian so it's easy on the stomach. I'm assuming you don't have much of an appetite, and neither do I, so I've basically been living on juicing veggies and fruits, and making the protein shakes with almond milk (dairy upsets my stomach even more). By the way, I've been hooked on tramadol in the past and I don't care what any doc, or anyone else for that matter, says about it; it is completely addictive and a BITCH to get off! Keep posting everyday no matter what it is you're feeling: good, bad or ugly. You will definitely connect with some great people who have been through this before. Wishing you the best!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You mentioned you are stubborn, but, you were willing to use something like Suboxone, so if it might help, no sense in depriving yourself of clonodine to help get though the worst of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Mama79, you're a rockstar. You have allowed me to understand my current situation so much better. Even knowing what I know now, and feeling what I'm feeling now, I would still go back and do Suboxone all over again. While Suboxone withdrawal is a punch in the gut, Tramadol not only had me ripping my eyes out, but I was crying at every little thing! I was so damn depressed, and suicidal.

I will heed ALL your advice Mama and Boop, and keep you updated on my current physical and mental well-being.

Thank you again for such a warm welcome. While I may feel like utter shit right now, my mind is kind of at ease thanks to you guys.

Cheers,
- Unsacred

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

unsacred wrote:
Thank you for the speedy reply and reasurring words no_boop. 10-14 days doesn't sound like much, but in my current state I'm sure it will be. I feel a bit guilty complaining after reading some other people's trials and tribulations. Mine seems so miniscule compared to many other members on here.

I figured Valerian wouldn't do much in my current state, but was hoping I could ride the Placebo Train. I have heard of Clonadine, and have read it works for some an other's it does not. I guess if I reach breaking point, I will pay a visit to doc asap. I will also try and pick up some Naproxen and will add a small dose of Tylenol to my cocktail.

I am still baffeled that af 1.33mg per day for 60 days is enough to feel withdrawal.

-Unsacred

Ah, don't feel guilty at all. The hours can turn into minutes when withdrawals are acute. To make the minutes turn back into hours and get through the days, distract yourself as much as possible. If you've ever enjoyed reading, that's a good way to pass the time for many people. Listening to good music also can help a lot, and if you have netflix, watching "feel good" movies. And so on. Try to get out and walk a little for some exercise, even if just around the block at first. Put on some sunglasses if you need to, bright light can seem annoying for whatever reason when withdrawing, maybe cuz of excessive pupil dilation while in WDs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

unsacred wrote:

Thank you again for such a warm welcome. While I may feel like utter shit right now, my mind is kind of at ease thanks to you guys.

Cheers,
- Unsacred

Oh you're more than welcome!

Cheers back @ ya!

boop, or, no_boop

8) <---) "The future's too bright, I gotta wear shades" (apologies to original lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've noticed my pupils are huge! And thank you for reassuring me that my withdrawals are real, and I shouldn't down play them. I assumed 2 months was nothing but I was misinformed.

I am currently watching a new movie called The Raid 2 and it is helping a lot. I will be taking your advice and take a nice bike ride tomorrow with some Jim Morrison playing in my ears.

Boop, you're awesome. Thanks bud

- Unsacred

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:13 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

[quote="unsacred"] Tramadol not only had me ripping my eyes out, but I was crying at every little thing! I was so damn depressed, and suicidal.

Tramadol has some sort of anti-depressant/psych med element to it as well, which is why people have gone through some serious emotional stress, and seizures, when coming off high amounts of Tramadol. Glad you're here though! And to piggy-back what boop said, watch some movies, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE, crank some loud music, and just do whatever you need to do to get yourself through the day. And yes, clonidine definitely helps! I have been using it and it makes a huge difference when I want to "crawl out of my own skin"! It also helps a lot with sleep and RLS.

Catch ya on the flipside!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

unsacred wrote:
I've noticed my pupils are huge! And thank you for reassuring me that my withdrawals are real, and I shouldn't down play them. I assumed 2 months was nothing but I was misinformed.

I am currently watching a new movie called The Raid 2 and it is helping a lot. I will be taking your advice and take a nice bike ride tomorrow with some Jim Morrison playing in my ears.

Boop, you're awesome. Thanks bud

- Unsacred

NP man. You're awesome too, otherwise you wouldn't be here posting.
Mr. Mojo Risin' is some good medicine! Opiates were like a companion, and you'll "break on through" (to the other side of withdrawals) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQwnAhXnBk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Heu unsacred, hang in there! I am the one mama mentioned earlier that jumped from 2 mgs 23 days ago. I can say that it does get better as the days pass. Right where you are in your detox is where things got a little worse for a few days but hitting the 12 day mark, it started to turn around. The severe fatigue, lack of motivation and desire to do anything starts to lift. Everyone is different though, so just push through. I can tell you I felt tremendously better at day 17 and kept improving. I do fight fatigue alot, but honestly, who doesn't? Folks that never touched opiates in their life probably feel pretty exhausted some days. I do have a physically demanding job with an erratic schedule so its tough for me to have routine.

During this whole detox process I only missed 2 days of work and probably could of sucked it up and went but I was averaging 3 or 4 very broken hours of sleep for days and just couldn't fight thru it.

If you want to see how the days were for me you can peruse my thread czlled DOING IT. I posted alot during those tough days.

what I can say is stay hydrated, and force yourself to eat small things throughout the day to help with yourenergy. Even if its half a piece of toast or the like, it will help. Car cant run on an empty tank and neither can our bodies!!!!

I have worked full days and found at this stage, its just some minor fatigue I am dealing with but nothing that stops me from doing my everyday stuff.

good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 9 Update

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my lack of updates but life is chaotic atm. Anyways, My withdrawal symptons are still limiting my life and work. By now, I thought for sure I'd be feeling some sort of reprieve from day 7, (when I initially posted). Truth is. I haven't been sleeping, and I am starting to feel depersonalization and kinda crazy. I am so tired that I almost feel high.

Something happened about 2 hours ago. I found an old Sub packet that had a 4mg half in it. Now, I know I might have people telling me not to touch it, because I've gone so far already. But the reality for me is, I need to be able to sleep, so I can perform while working. Granted, I work from home 90% of the time - but my job demands that I do Math, coding, etc.

I am dead set on taking this 4mg piece but of course not all at once. I would like the best way of going about this without further screwing myself over. Is it possible that I cut it into 1/16th pieces and take them for the next 16 days?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

- unsacred

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

unsacred wrote:
Day 9 Update

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my lack of updates but life is chaotic atm. Anyways, My withdrawal symptons are still limiting my life and work. By now, I thought for sure I'd be feeling some sort of reprieve from day 7, (when I initially posted). Truth is. I haven't been sleeping, and I am starting to feel depersonalization and kinda crazy. I am so tired that I almost feel high.

Something happened about 2 hours ago. I found an old Sub packet that had a 4mg half in it. Now, I know I might have people telling me not to touch it, because I've gone so far already. But the reality for me is, I need to be able to sleep, so I can perform while working. Granted, I work from home 90% of the time - but my job demands that I do Math, coding, etc.

I am dead set on taking this 4mg piece but of course not all at once. I would like the best way of going about this without further screwing myself over. Is it possible that I cut it into 1/16th pieces and take them for the next 16 days?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

- unsacred

Wow, with so many days behind you I would think again, but sounds like your mind is made up. I am tapering and at .375 mgs. I would try to take .125 or even less if you can manage it, then your jump should be easier later and you won't have as bad withdrawals (as I understand it). I would take as little as you can to "function" as you say you need to, and so you don't ruin all your progress. Good luck!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you RCA for the response. I will do just as you say. I'll make an update in the near future.