It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 2, HORRIBLE anxiety.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive been using percocets for about 10 months. Between 15-30 mg a day depending how much money I had. The last two months, i had been doing heroin. It was really good stuff from what I know, at least around here and i would snort a little over a tenth a day. Im sort of a light weight and i DONT like nodding out. I know my tolerance and would do enough to have what i consider a good buzz. I started treatment monday. Got my first dose of subutex yesterday. They started me on 4 mg. Said i could have went to 6 with my score chart, but stayed at 4. I have anxiety already, but the sub seems to have made it so, so, SO much worse. I feel like any little ache or pain I get, I will associate with dying. Thinking Im having a heart attack, blod clot, etc. Ill get a small pain in my left arm, and think its a heart attack. I get ice pick head aches.. But ill think its an anyruems. (Spelling?) i get heart palpitations pretty regularly even when not on the subs, but ive had anxiety all day today, just a feeling that it is going to happen (the palpitations.) my anxiety is through the roof and causing anxiety attacks. I also feel high on what Im given. My pupils get tiny. I also seem to get aggitated easily and be in a bad mood while on it. It comes in waves though. All of it. Ill be happy, anxiety free one minute and something will trigger an anxiety attack the next. I am really bummed about this because as far as my addiction goes, i have been in bliss the last two days. No cravings, no urge to use, buat estatic i am spending my money on things other than drugs. But part of me wonders if these side effects are normal. If its too good to be true for me and i might be allergic. A few months ago, i was using subs recreationally TO GET high and after about a month, i developed a rash. I had also changed laundry detergent around that time. So i am not sure if the rash what laundry detergent based or from the subs because i lost my sub connect around the same time i switched detergent. I never got a rash on my hands, feet, neck, face or genital region. It was on my arms, legs, back, torso and butt. So I am not sure at all. I have no rash, YET. but if it was from the subs last time, it took a good month to form.

Are these side effects common? OTHER THAN THE RASH... What can i do to ease my anxiety? Does my dose sound too high? I also get light headed when standing sometimes. Thank you. (I plan on talking to my doc tomorrow about trying less, but wanted some insight from others with experience.) Goal is to wean ASAP and be put on vivatrol after i am off subs long enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

On the percs, sometimes it would be up to 60 mg. It all depended on money, but normally between my bf and I, we couldnt afford that many. And the tenth thing was throughout the entire day. I never used a lot of it at once.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:02 am 

Hi Enembe, Welcome! I am not a doctor but my suggestion would be to increase the suboxone. You may need to be taking more to fully cover the receptors. Have you discussed how you are feeling with your Doctor? I may be wrong, but my feeling is that you may not be taking enough. Please let us know how you make out!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 pm 

Hey enembe welcome!

Is there a reason u didn't just go with the vivitrol (sp?) shot to start with since u said ur goal is to wean down off suboxone to get it? I'm sure u have a reason, I was just wondering what that was. I don't know a whole lot about the shot, but I've heard u have to be completely off suboxone for like 4 to 7 days (or longer) before u can take it. My clinic offers that shot but I haven't educated myself on it because I know it wouldn't be for me.

As far as the side effects ur having, I have no idea if it's sub related or not. I haven't ever had any of those side effects. There are lot's of ppl who come out of active addiction and onto suboxone who do start realizing they have some health issues that they'd never noticed or addressed because they were too busy using and caught up in that lifestyle. So then when they get on subs they automatically think it's sub when it's not. Now I'm not saying that's what is going on with u, but keep an open mind that it could be something besides sub. Definitely talk to ur dr about it. After I started sub, I realized that I had major stomach issues that I just thought was from using bk when I was always going through withdrawal. I also had eye problems that I hadn't realized til I stopped using. So u never know. Also, like michelle said, is 4mg a high enough dose considering u were using heroin? Let us know what ur dr says :)

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looking for some clarity...

The 3 threads below, including this one, are all from what looks to be the same poster; user name 'enembe', joined March 10, 2016 9:30pm 5 posts.

First, it was messing around w sub and percs, the 2nd thread was 36 wks pregnant w illicit oxy use solely due to pregnancy migraines, yet no mention of prior drug use and this 3rd thread says you were using heroin the last 2 mos, yet no mention of a birth. So you were using heroin the last mo of pregnancy and now are inducing on sub and are now anxious? Or? Confused here...

Q and A Using subs recreationally March 10, 2016
how-long-should-suboxone-withdrawal-last-you-didn-take-t12429.html

Suboxone and Pregnancy - 36 weeks pregnant April 28, 2016
weeks-pregnant-have-any-options-t12563.html

Induction - Horrible anxiety June 22, 2016
day-horrible-anxiety-t12713.html

Are you the same poster in these threads?

Last edited by Pelican on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:13 pm 

Thanks Pelican,

Looking into to it. Noticed this samething this morning. Enembe, you sure have alot going on. Take care..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Razor,
Appreciate it! Thanks, P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I was pregnant. My son is 4 weeks old and we are going through treatment so we don't lose him, thanks for your sensitivity. I was only on percs until the last few weeks of my pregnancy where the cost of pills were too high to afford and I was scared of withdrawals because they are dangerous to baby in uetro. So I did a little of that as to not go into withdrawls. I don't see how that is so hard to believe given the last time I posted. Why would I bring up my baby? I've been through enough negative crap the last 4 weeks without adding potentially negative feedback from an online site to my situation.

My Dr lowered my dose today and today seemed a lot better.

I am definitely not proud of the decisions that I have made but this post was made to look for answers to my sub questions. What is there to "watch"? This wasn't created to bring up what is going on with my son. I just wanted experience from other sub users.

The last thread I made, I never returned to look at. I was too scared of what everyone would think or say and couldn't get the courage to log back in and read it.

Last edited by enembe on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

And I started doing percs due to migraines. But it spiraled out of control. I tried self medicating with subs during the middle of my pregnancy trying to get off the percs. I realize that heroin is also dangerous to a baby in uetro but withdrawls could potentially cause still birth and I was terrified to tell anyone or talk to a dr. Sorry to be so rude but the subject is pretty sensitive to me since I've had my son temporarily removed from my custody... which all in all I am seeing more as a blessing to get my life back in order as the days after treatment progress. So again, I apologize.

Also in all honesty, when I made my first post, I hadn't yet come to terms with my problem or even accepted that I had one or needed help, but I realize the truth now.

Last edited by enembe on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

And I didn't stop cold turkey because I was getting withdrawals. I may have under exaggerated in my other post how long I've been using percs because I was terrified of negative feedback, I don't quite remember what I said. But the truth is I stated using them about 15 weeks pregnant to treat migraines and got addicted to the high and physically addicted.

Another thing, also. I only did heroin when I couldn't find or afford percs. I prefer them ten fold to H. As I said, I've always had anxiety and knowing how dangerous heroin is didn't sit well with me but apparently my addiction is stronger than common sense. My baby being placed with my boyfriends sister temporarily has given us the time and resources we needed to get clean. I'm taking what has happened as a real opportunity to regain control of my life before it's too late. I've very much so enjoyed the last three days. Not constantly chafing a high, not wasting all our money on drugs and feeling like myself, aside from the horrible anxiety. Like I said though, they lowered me to 2 MG and today was a much better day for me and one step forward in my recovery. We start groups on Friday and I'm excited to be going down the road I am going opposed to where I was going.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:51 am 

Hi Enembe, First, I am very happy to hear that the anxiety has gotten better for you. I hate that feeling! So, I am glad it is subsiding! I am very sorry that you were made to feel like you were not being truthful or that you were being watched. We do get alot of trolls, people bashing suboxone and attributing alot of nasty side effects to suboxone, so I think Pelican was just trying to help us moderators out by bringing attention to your posts. Again, I apologize as we want all to feel that they can come here and share and will not be judged or face any criticism! I am happy to hear that you are doing better and hope you will continue to post! Enjoy your day!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yesterday was my last day being dosed on subutex and I was given a script of suboxone today. It has been about five hours and am noticing that my ankles are itchy. I really, really hope it is caused by something other than the suboxone because that would mean I'm actually allergic to the naloxone, which is the main ingredient in vivotrol and would ruin my plans completely.