It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone for 3 yrs. Over the last year it has been a very small amount, like a mg a day or less. Now due to an upcoming drug screen, I need to be clean on September 26th. I need help in knowing how to do this. I can't take anything prescription wise. I just need to get through the next week as comfortable as ossable. Any advise for me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum 3yrsuboxone,

You're on a low dose and you have been for a while, your wd should NOT be extreme, not at all. If I were you, I would start skipping days, right now. 4 days prior to your drug test, stop Suboxone altogether. When I quit Suboxone, I had Buprenorphine(Suboxone) test strips and I went pee on those suckers everyday waiting for a negative to show up, I got a strong negative on day 3 or 4. The test strips measured down to 20ng/ml.

Next, get some Clonidine. C L O N I D I N E, it's a Blood Pressure medication that makes opiate wd MUCH more manageable. Obviously, go to your doctor and get your BP checked first. Tell your Doctor you're in wd from opiates and he should have no issues giving you Clonidine. I took .1mg twice daily. Yep, .1mg.

If Clonidine showed up on a drug test (but I don't know why in the world they would check for a Blood Pressure med??), tell them you take it for high Blood Pressure then tell them to shut the hell up.

Lastly, most pre-employment drug screens do NOT test for Buprenorphine. You would more than likely pass your test even if you had Suboxone (Buprenorphine) in your system, but seeing as we don't know EXACTLY what test your taking, the only sure way to pass it is to be clean of Suboxone.

Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks. I will try and skip a day. I took .4mg @ 8am. Not doing too bad right now. I'm just achy and sluggish. I won't take a 2nd dose tonight, can't imagine skipping tomorrows, but will try. And I have no insurance, so going for the clonodine would be hard. So wish I could though!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Standard pre-employment drug screens don't detect bupe. So unless you know they will be specifically looking for it (like for a DOT job) then you should be OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know they will, was told specifically what was being tested for.

I took .4 yesterday at 8am. Last night was rough at work. back aching and just feeling weird. Sleep was rough in the beginning last night. This morning is fairly ok. If I stay busy, I know it will be ok. Just feeling mental stuff really, some stomach issues, mild stuff right now, like lots of yawning. am shooting for none today! i work at 5, so hopefully i will be able to do it. will be easier long run if i can. so far as things are i should be able to with mild repucations. I am thinking more clearly, which is awesome!!

Thanks for all your support. So nice to have someone to talk to about all this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The mental part of Suboxone wd does seem to be the worst. Keeping your mind busy is paramount, if you can keep your body busy too, then all the better.

Remember, all these symptoms of wd you're having will go away, it absolutely gets better in time.

Hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Trying to hang in there, harder to do as time passes. Getting ready to go over a friends house so that I can keep my mind busy. It's so crazy, I know this isn't all that bad as bad goes, but it's so hard for me!! Even with moving about nonstop, my thoughts are absorbed by it. Still haven't dosed since 8am yesterday, trying to hold on strong. Think being at work will actually make things easier for me. I'm a waitress, so will be plenty busy on a saturday night. I work at 5.

And as for the subs, They totally saved my life from blues/roxies. I had a crazy addiction a couple years ago it finally ended after a good 3 yr run. So if you're reading this, use them, get clean, get therapy and when you're ready... taper. I would not recomend being on them more then a year, unless of course, your addiction to pain meds is still there.

Thanks for listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Getting close to work time. Excited for that, need to get out of this house! I have taken my vitamins, peptp bismal and lots of motrin. Am in the best shape I think I can be. My friend gave me a clonopine for night time in case i cant sleep. the whole tossing and turning is very aggravating and given how its been 31 hours since my last dose, I do believe sleeping tonight might be an issue. My test isnt till monday the 26th, (todays the 17th) so my goal is to take .2 tomorrow then skip Monday, then .2 tuesday then skip wendsday and the last .2 or even .1 if I think I can, on thursday. Friday will be my no more suboxone day for here on out. Wow, crazy!! I have a great cleanser that offers 2 weeks of vitamins and hebs that will help me get my body back quicker, got it at gnc, I will start that on Saturday.

So here I go. Pray I find all the strength I need!!!!!

Post subject: Klonopin/ clonazepam
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

3yrsuboxone wrote:
<snip> My friend gave me a clonopine for night time in case i cant sleep. the whole tossing and turning is very aggravating and given how its been 31 hours since my last dose, I do believe sleeping tonight might be an issue. My test isnt till monday the 26th, (todays the 17th) so my goal is to take .2 tomorrow then skip Monday, then .2 tuesday then skip wendsday and the last .2 or even .1 if I think I can, on thursday. Friday will be my no more suboxone day for here on out. Wow, crazy!! I have a great cleanser that offers 2 weeks of vitamins and hebs that will help me get my body back quicker, got it at gnc, I will start that on Saturday. (emphasis mine)

I think you are referring to Klonopin (generic name- clonazepam),
which is a benzodiazepine, and CAN show up positive for benzodiazepines...

Good luck with your test!

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow you are doing great, the fact that you have gone as long as you have without taking any sub shows you are very strong and determined. It will not be easy but with the strength you are showing I know you will get thru this. You should be very proud of yourself! Keep us posted, it really helps to write everything out. It gives you something to look at to track your progress plus I hink it is very theraputic just to get all those worries and feelings out. I am rooting for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

3yrsuboxone,

I think the plan you laid out in your last post sounds pretty good. You may be pushing the envelope a little bit by dosing on the Thursday prior to your test though?? That only gives you Friday, Saturday and Sunday to clean out. I'd quit on Tuesday if it were me. I know I said my drug test came up clean after 3 or 4 days, but that's me......you may take longer to clean out??? It's very hard to say.

Exorphin brings up a very good point, Klonopin is a benzo (like Valium, Xanax), it WILL definitely show up on ANY pre-employment drug test. If you take one tonight, you have nothing to worry about, it'll clear your system in time for your drug test. Just be aware that Klonopin will show up on your drug screen and seeing as you don't have a prescription for it, you'd be screwed.

My prayers are with ya, stay strong, you can do this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Was so hard at work this morning! Just got home and have to be back at 5 . My body is feeling like it weighs a ton! Stomach hurts, lungs and runny nose. This is hard work! I'm trying so hard to hold out until midnight our the morning. Sleep sucked last night but was able to get sometleast. Can't wait till this is done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Keep pushing through it, you can do it.

It is hard work, but you can push through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for your support and prayers!! please keep them coming!!! Today I feel almost normal. Am up accomplishing things!! Wow, am actually amazed it's been possable!! A little background on me is in order at this point I guess. I turn 37 on Sept. 26th!! Same day I have a drug screen, so after 3 years of having suboxone as my friend, I have to say goodbye. So hard emotionally to part, not to mention physically! I went through a crazy divorce 6 years ago and that landed me a nice addiction to pain pills after about a year of battles with the ex. So I guess it's really been about 5 years of having shit in my system, one way or another. I went to the subox doctor, desperate, about 3 years ago. I did well and then relapsed a couple of good times throughout my first year on them. I stayed at 8mg 2/day until about a year ago. At that point I started playing with me dose. Over the last 6 months or so I've been more serious about dropping the dose, so have taken maybe 1.5mg a day. I must say the lower dose has made me a better employee and in general functioning human being!! the last couple months or so I've dropped it to .5 2x/day. And then I found out I have this drug screen that I mustn't have any of the drug in my system as of September 26th (so 7 days of taper), so hence the need to do a rapid version of my plan to stop suboxoone.

my taper started at .4mg 2x/day (I have the strips) for a couple weeks then:
1st day: .3mg 2x/day
2nd day: .4mg at 8am (lots of motrin and pepto bismal got me through 32 hrs of not taken another dose)
3rd day: .2mg at 4pm (32 hrs after last dose)
4th day: .1 mg at 4pm and a quarter of that .1mg dose at 4am when sleep was very uncomfortably interrupted
5th day: we will see what happens, so far I feel great!! Actually great! Have a headache and some diarrhea, that I can handle just fine. I am drinking vitamiin b drinks to help and it does seem to make a pretty nice difference. Haven't had to take any motrin or pepto today.

I will keep posting.

Please keep praying for me, the strength needed through this is paramount!!! I am doing it and excited for my life that is in my very short future!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang it, you're just flying right along.....good for you!!

Not to rain on your parade, but do you have any plans for your continued recovery?? Have you thought about AA/NA or SMART recovery?? Have you thought about getting back on a low dose of Suboxone?? I'm just wondering if you've given any serious thought to ensuring your continued recovery??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Must say, this has been very rough the last 12hrs. I was doing great yesterday, then late night was horrid! I felt like my spine was on fire. I couldn't find a single comfortable position! Finally I took .025 mg. it helped some, not much. Took the fire away atleast. Today I took .1mg and it didn't do much. Guess I'm feeling ok, very very angry! ! My mood sucks! I'm so upset. Feels like I will never have my life back. This is my 6th day, better then the beginning I guess. I just wish it would end!

And yeah, I have an after treatment group I go to once a week. I've had some really good outpatient therapy for my addiction, it helped immensely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is my day off. Got active and feeling so much better. Went to the beach and swam for awhile, walked. Then went to the pool and hottub. The hottub felt amazing!! Wish I had one of those in my backyard!!

Worrying about what lies ahead of me when I stop all together. Know I tapered to the best of my ability from where I was at, so hopefully it's not going to be too rough!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Found something that helps, Super C. It makes your body mellow and helps to go to sleep at night Got it at walgreens. Has melotonin, 5-hydroxy and electrolytes and vitamins b and c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My last dose was yesterday at 9am, .1 mg. Am pushing through today and might take the last ever dose on tomorrow morning, the smallest little film I can cut up.

I'm doing pretty good. Slept last night thanks to that Super C stuff. Right now I'm feeling the mildest of symptoms, but also took alieve and my vitamins.

Friday or Saturday I will start my detox vitamins, it's a cleanser from GNC that helps with energy. It helped me the last time I did this.

I'm of course nervous that I have a long road still ahead of me. This has in no way been easy for me!! I SO can't wait till it's over, and i can celebrate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I went 48 hrs with out any dosing. This morning I took my last .1mg. Am so scared of what is to come. This has been really hard on me and my family. I don't know why my symptoms are so hard. Last night I couldn't sleep at all and was beyond angry!! I'm snapping at everyone. You would think that since I've dropped so low that it would be ok, but it's been so rough on me. was truly hoping for better. Wish I had time to lower more gradually so I coulld still function. My work must think I'm bipolar not to mention my poor kids.

And noone is posting back, so not sure why I'm even typing this. Oh well. peace.