It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Day 17...good morning!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:06 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

6 years total opiate use with three years of sub 8 mg down to 1mg before jump 17 days ago. First I want to thank a few posters. Romeo, Tearjerker, Laddertripper, diary of a a quiter. Your posts have gotten me through the thick of it and I am grateful for this. Yesterday I made the mistake if having a few beers at the beach near my old stopping grounds. Not a good idea. Had cravings for about 3 hous after the drinks. Used mindfulness and the technique of watching my thoughts, urges, reactions. Told my fiancé what was happening and the urges subsided eventually. Haven't slept great in a long while, but I have accepted it and it's ok. What we resist persists. I work a 50+ hour job that I was not able to take off and that has been painfully enlightening.

When I had my urges, my fiancé asked how is that possible whm you said you feel better than ever just this morning. Here is how I explained. Since day 9 there has been a change in my state of consciousness. Life has a certain vitality to it. I study Buddhism and I can relate to what is called the "Suchness" or "is" ness of life The best is sitting on a park bench and seeing the greeness of the grass, freshness of the air, aliveness of everything around me that I am just a part of. It's awesome! Despite this new found awareness, my limbic system still shoots out chemicals that trigger memories of the "pleasurable" feelings from the opiates. However, what I mentioned above outweighs the urge to get a cheap empty thrill. Geez, I am ranting. anyways, I feel better than ever this morning and keep getting better each day-slowly but surely. To echo a lot of posters. Excerscise is Key! Also, eat fresh food, protein shakes with amino acids, l-tyrosine, multi-vitamine, potassium, magnesium and lots of water' juice and V8. I know I have a long road ahead still, but today I am grateful for what I have been through. We must find strength in pain and transcend. We can do this. We can be free. We can love and laugh and cry and sing once again!! Thank you!!!

Post subject: Nice!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey Subsavedme,

This is freakin awesome! why dont the the poeple always posting about how bad sub withdrawal horror stories are click on threads like this?

I am tapering myself, i am at 2mg now and am so anxious to jump but i have a ways to go before that. I wont ramble on your thread but my point is that you are giving me so much hope and inspiration and thank you!!

GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Glen please ramble away. It's good to get it out. You can taper. And you can stop. . I was stuck at 2mg for almost a year. The fear was not warranted. People would say "its in your head." I would be like "thats the problem its in my head"!! Where else could it be! Lol sorry. How long have you been on sub? I tapered from 2mg down to .5 pretty easily, the started going back to 1mg, got pissed, and said enough already! First two weeks were not great, but the actual WD was nothing like I thought. Nothing like a full agony-ist. It last onger, but it's not as acute. Today i had a rush of amazing energy and motivation. I cleaned the house, did the dishes, took out the trash, made the beds, did the laundry and washed and detailed my car. This was after sitting poolside just blasting my iPod. Did all this on NOTHING but my natural endorphins. That's a huge deal for me. I am not trying to gloat. 2 days ago I was wondering if I'll ever feel normal.. Take the advise of the long term positive posters on here and Dr. junig. One more thing, tell those you love and trust what you are going through. That is paramount. Good luck!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been on sub 2.5 years @ 8mg. It took me two months to taper from 8mg to 2mg- no problems really. Its been two weeks at 2 mg. i have to go to a big family event next weekend (baptism of my nephew) and will be traveling so i am going to stay at 2mg until i get back home. Thanks for the advice! everyone i know knows about my situation lol especially my wife who is very supportive.

Thanks again,

Gb