It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I still feel like I'm in wd but I was so close and just wanted to sleep, ive been on sub for 5 years, pretty constant at 8mg for the past 6 months.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Morning,
First off, welcome to the forum.
Now, was that .25 as in 1/4 of an 8mg ? Was it .25mg of 1 mg of sub? See how easily confusing that is. You need to tell us some more details there!
Happy
Ice Cream!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

.25mg, sorry

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That's perfectly fine! lol Did you jump at 8mgs? or did you taper

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My main concern is did I just make the wd last 3 extra days. I only ended up getting 3 hours of sleep anyways and am just disappointed in myself

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jumped at 8, just got fed up with it controlling my life, day 4-6 were the worst but each day I felt better and I've never been this close

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My honest opinion?
Hit reset. You failed at day 8.
Let me explain why as easily as I can for you,
At day 8, The Suboxone would be just now getting out of your system, if it even was out completely. The physical wds were just really beginning to knock at your door and you let them right in! Because of a "sleep" issue. You just weren't prepared when it hit.(No sleep aid" such as Advil PM or other sleep meds.
When did you decide to completely stop Suboxone?
Do you have any kind of plan after you are completely clean to stay that way?
You can't just decide after 5 years you wanna stop.
As far as your original question,
If you already had a plan of attack 8 days ago? I would say, call this a sign of weakness and go on to day 9.
I am sure the "Big Fish" come along real soon to strike. lol
Good luck,
Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for your input. I tried benadryl and Tylenol pm, and my Dr gave me chlondine and roboxone. Flushed all remaining, it was a moment of weakness haven't had a day off this week and hadn't slept in 72, and I know the brain needs to learn to sleep again. I'm use to coming off herion and this doesn't touch it, but it's been 5 years and I forgot how intense the anxiety can get. I understand I'm on day 1 now too.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't think you'll extend your withdrawal or go back to square one at all. However, what you did do was make craving that much worse. You now know the relief you get in withdrawal and you may have gotten a little buzz if not extra energy, etc.. The withdrawal may seem easy when your fighting those cravings. Good luck to you and keep us updated..

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes it definitely made the cravings go through the roof but that is what a good support system is for. And why I flushed the rest. It didn't give me a buzz just let me sleep a few hrs.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hope you are feeling better.
8 mgs to nothing is a pretty big step if I say so myself.
I wouldn't have completely stopped all at once.
I think I would have worked my way down to about 1 or 2 mgs. Then got stable on that amount. Then jumped off. Personally, I have never tried to quit. I accept the fact that I will be on Bupe for long term. And I am ok with that right now.
I know you feel that you want off and want off now. But you need some kind of plan of attack is all I meant by saying that you failed at day 8. You made it a lot farther than I would have.
Tell us more about your situation and maybe the Mods will join in and give you their opinions. I would like to here what they say about this.
Hang in there,
Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I accepted I was going to be on it for life, kept messing up with heroin and coke, multiple visit to jail and then I accepted I should be in suboxone, the last 5 years have been great. got my life sorted out, but dont want to be an addicted parent and want as much clean time in between as possible before he/she arrives. I've tried tapering and I keep messing it up. I'm in my late 20s and in great shape, and had an easy two weeks at work told my dr and went for it. I am at a really great place in my life and while suboxone got me this far I want to go the rest of the way on my own. Today I had that cloud back over my head and I hate it,

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:10 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You sound like me. I couldn't taper either so I jumped off around 8mgs as well. Our worse days were similar which is strange, you'd think the withdrawal would start at like day 30 jumping that high. Last time I jumped from 6mg-8mg and made it nearly 6 months before the cravings got me and sucked me back in. This time I know what to look out for and will be working hard to stay clean. I think in 2 days or so you will feel better and that piece you took will be out of your mind and you can move forward. You just gotta be vigilant, you'll have hard days but so do people who don't take drugs. I heard someone on here say that we as addicts think that when we get off opiates we are supposed to be happy all the time, and that's not the case. Just like everyone we'll have our bad days and those will cause triggers that twist knots in your stomach. Boredom is another big one, you were content all the time on opiates, when you get off its kinda boring unless you find something you love to take up all your time, seems like you have that coming. Just keep pushing, you're almost there. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:06 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Good post, quietaddict. How are you doing?

jjinda...sorry you're going through this and hope you feel better soon. I am watching those of you who go ahead and jump because sometimes, that's what I feel like I want to do. Stop this tapering and just go ahead and do what I've got to do...jump.

Best of luck and success to both of you.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Clearaqua- Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing great right now. I feel like this one was kind of a breeze except for day 9, that day sucked, and sleeping is harder but natural. Where you are now I'm sure you'd feel withdrawals, however the withdrawals from sub are not as bad as SAO. It's definitely manageable. I couldn't imagine stepping down to a dose low enough to where you jump off and feel normal right away, that would be awesome. If you can do that, I'd say stay at it. Have you tried skipping days? I guess that would be the real test. I think the withdrawals make you stronger and more reluctant to go back, maybe!! Hope to hear an update on your thread soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's really not that bad, the worst it got was equal to hr 12 of heroine w/d, about a gram a day habit. I just forgot how you don't sleep. Hopefully this is the last time, though I've said it 10 other times and am still back here at square one. What day are you on quietaddict?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:16 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Wow, so glad you are doing great....that is good news. Hang in there! You don't realize it but your story is inspiration to others on this road. My job would make it hard for me to jump...that's the only reason I don't try it. When I get to .5 is when I will try skipping days. I've been on Sub for 7 years...if I do this, I genuinely want to stay on this board sporadically and help others. I feel like if I can have a successful taper after being on it this amount of time, I will have some valuable input for other people. We hear a lot of horror stories but the people with good stories seem to go back to enjoying life rather than posting...and I don't blame them one bit!
I do feel like the taper is 75% in your head...keep positive, look forward to the coming days and a brain making it's own "feel good" :)

Thanks for the reply :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am on day 12 now after a relapse. I don't feel bad at all really, just extreme tiredness at times but unlike sleep, you can combat that pretty easy just by moving around or strenuous activity.. Yeah it's really not that bad.. I hope all goes well with you, music is my go to right now for feel good chemicals to go off in my brain. Songs I never listen to otherwise!! Anything with a good beat or sad I like to listen to now. haha

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

my biggest fear was about my job, I only missed the very first Friday, and we usually dont work on Friday. I don't deal with people and just told everyone I had a stomach virus, 5 aND 6 I should of called in but I can put on ear buds and do my thing. Start exercising now too, I do p9x daily and think that really helped.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

QA did you jump from 8mg again? Or close it? I think the big problem is there are so many horror stories out there and hear its going to last week's,but then you dig a little closer and they were on loratabs/percocet before sub, or they aren't trying to do anything to make them feel better, they are laying around waiting for it to end. You need to eat, and take b6, b12, drink Gatorade, exercise, every story of people doing that I found they seemed to do well