It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Morning,
Yes I am still lurking out here! lol
I have to say, you are doing great. I just wanted to let you know, I am still following your post!
Have a great day!
Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 25, so even though I said I was going to have ano easy day it ended up being very busy, went to work in the morning then went and help my brother with his house then helped my parents with there house. It felt great to help.
Thanks for continuing to follow CA and HappyGirl, I just want to say whether I made it sound like a split second decision to jump I actually planed it and got all the supplies and no access to cash, or subs, and am very active in recovery, my dr knew, my support system knew, I was just waiting for a two week period where my work slowed down. It also has really helped to have a pregnant wife because complaining about back pain seems selfish. The main reason I keep writing is I never thought I would feel this good so soon after 5 years on it, I feared getting off.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:19 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Best wishes to you and your wife in this pregnancy! No wonder you are so motivated!

You are doing really well and your story offers hope to me that when it's my turn, I can do this. You made a plan and you stuck to it. I appreciate your posting wish for you a really good week :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:15 pm 

It's wonderful that you're feeling great! And congratulations on your new baby!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey morning,
Just to clarify, I am a guy! lol
Happyg stands for Happy Gilmore lol
119 posts! Tiki, I am coming for ya! lol

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Awesome job JJ and I really think being busy is the key to success. Usually when people are hurting for so long and feel like it's never ending its because they are laying around not doing anything and all they have to think about is how they feel. Don't get me wrong if I could've just been bedridden in the beginning I would have but I had to work and be a father and a husband and since this was my second time I didn't think it was fair to just lay around and so I was always on the move. I think that helped with my sleep and my mood and I also forced myself to workout and do things like that. 28 days isn't a long time but it flew here for me.. Anyways good luck man, I'll be reading

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lol Sorry happyg, I dont know why I put girl. I think I put day 25 when it was really 24, so real day 25 wasnt bad, just hung out with the family and went up to mountains, then watch a movie, sat through it, then I stayed uP there since I didn't have to work on day 26, just went shopping and things you do on a day off, I pretty much stopped taking the roboxone and chlondine and only take it off I don't go to bed by midnight, or wake up in the middle of the night. It was a nice day. I'm really shocked at how well I'm doing. The first time I got off heroin it was 4 weeks of cold sweats and 2 months of little to no sleep. I guess I was in jail and everyone hated me so I had more to be anxious about. Day 27, had to wake up early to get back to the city aND so I think I stressed myself out and woke up at 2, got back to bed by 4, then drove to work. Work went well, I finished a lot in one day which I thought wouldn't be possible without subs, but of course that was my addict brain telling me that. Had a little back pain today but that's about it. Tomorrow is 4 weeks, and that is the day I kept saying if I can make it there I can make it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for all the support too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Believe me, we are all proud of you. 4 weeks that's great!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, it sounds like you (jjindamorning) started feeling better between day 15 and 21, or something like that? I'm curious b/c I'm on day 5 and have the worst, splitting headaches in the afternoon, along with the roster of all the other WD symptoms and I'm trying to find some solid time-line to place my hope in and look forward to, to get through this.

I just jumped off of a quick taper (my ranting: year-sub-user-trying-quit-t11588.html) down to 2mgs after 7-years (started at 16mg, down to 4mg for almost the past two years) and can't imagine life being like this nightmare for even a couple of weeks, let alone a month or more.

Congrats on your achievement! I am so wanting to get to 20+ days like you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey boogie I answered you on your thread, keep up the great work! Day 28, can't believe it's already been 4 weeks! Had another good day, finished a lot of work at work, got tired at the end of the day but powered in through. After work helped my brother with his house, I didn't ever help out when on suboxone and it feels good to not hide from people. I'm still not getting 8 hrs of sleep a night and half of it is rem, but I'm finding lots to do with the extra time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:22 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Wow...congrats on 4 weeks! How the time has flown...it seems you were just posting about your jump! So glad you are feeling better. You've made it work for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm right behind you :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks CA! Day 29. Just one more day until the weekend and I dont have anything to do but whatever I want to! The mornings are become less and less rough, the days are starting to fly by, and other then sneezes I'm starting to feel like all the wd symptoms are behind me. I just need to go to bed earlier and I think I'll get better sleep. I don't know why I haven't had much depression, but it's made this a lot easier, cravings for just about every drug have happened, more frequently day 1 to 14, they only last a minute and I play the tape all the way through. So life is good!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I really want to thank CA, QA, and happyg for helping keeping me going, I think now that I'm over 30 days and most of the symptoms are gone I'm only going to post once a week or when something eventful happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:25 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jjinda...I am so happy for you! You have made it! Of course, we don't expect you to hang around here now that you're "over the hump"...get out there and live your life free from Subs!!! Just don't forget about us and pop in from time to time and let us know how it's going. People will want to hear how you feel two months out, three months out and so on. There are a lot of lurkers here who don't post (I can tell from the number of times these posts are read) and your jump story is helpful to a lot of people :)

Best wishes for a great life and I'm so proud that you are free of Sub for the arrival of your new little one :)

This was not easy and YOU DID IT!!! :)
CA

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So how are you doing bro? You've got to be getting close to two months sub-free now. Hope life is still getting better for you every day! I'm still having some rough days, not nearly as bad as the first two weeks, but still frustrating and disruptive to life. I'm making it through one day at a time, counting all the little things that add up so I focus on the "better than the day before" thoughts. Take care!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Um I would say it's hard to say, last few weeks have been tough but I've been working 6 days a week for 14 to 16 hrs a day. I have one more week is this schedule so im not sure how to tell how I'm truly doing, cause I'm tired and grumpy right now but I'm sure that has to do with over extending myself. I do have more energy and feel more normal. In a weird way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It slowly gets better too until one day you realize that all the wd are gone. Each week you greatly improve. I'm glad you're doing so well though. Are the migrane done?